List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick 11 from Freo now is better then what we could offer next year.
Yeah but I don’t think we like bad faith negotiations. You guys haven’t done us dirty.

We came out and said our expectations, Freo then tried to shaft us.

Draft picks have been wildly inflated for a while.

WCE are guilty of this as well.

Tim Kelly is a young gun offensive mid which is the exact kind of player we have wanted for our list for a while.

It may well cost us 20 and 22. If you look at our recent drafting history with picks in the 20s we barely hitting 50% strike rate for just a decent player. Of the players that are actually better probably only Shuey and Darling. So maybe 20% chance of being better and 80% of being equal or worse.

Add to that there is no guarantee that the decent player you could pick up is what you need. Do we really need another KPF prospect for example?

Goes the other way as well. Failure to draft good young players hurts lists and the best way to get good young players is still via the draft. Look at Geelong's list as a prime example.

Port Adelaide gutting their list for elite local talent is either super smart long term planning or short term suicide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goes the other way as well. Failure to draft good young players hurts lists and the best way to get good young players is still via the draft. Look at Geelong's list as a prime example.

Port Adelaide gutting their list for elite local talent is either super smart long term planning or short term suicide.

Tim Kelly is only 23.

Wasn’t he termed a Melbourne person by your coach a little over a month ago? What has changed in the past month?

Steven May became available and McDonald and Weideman became an effective forward partnership

Yeah but I don’t think we like bad faith negotiations. You guys haven’t done us dirty.

We came out and said our expectations, Freo then tried to shaft us.
I'd happily trade pick 20 + 22 and next year's first for Hogan right now. But to me this is just a negotiation tactic. Freo won't risk losing Hogan to us.

If their coach can come up with half a decent game plan they'll have a cushy enough fixture to rise up the ladder.

There lies the problem. Do you really think the negativity of Ross the Toss can make the most out of an effective attack?

I liken it to Dermot saying Horse is killing Sydney by having the best forward in the AFL and his game plan does not allow Buddy to be his best.

Freo just did to Port what we did to GC last year, except there's no waiting 12 months to find out

Depends what Port do with those picks. Remember we've got live trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably due to the reasonable assumption that you guys have Kelly as your #1 priority and WC probably haven’t done a lot of work around Hogan yet. Bridge too far to try to do a brand new offer for a player at this point.
TBH we really dont need him . We have 2 very good KPFs and 2 young talented kids who need games pumped into them

Would not trading hogan be such a bad thing
We have too many key forwards and not enough quality key backs. Probably sets us back 12 months in our window.

Why on earth would we need Hogan, what a waste.
For the obvious, if he is injury free would be an excellent Kennedy replacement.

Steven May became available and McDonald and Weideman became an effective forward partnership

All true. However, Melbourne seem to be in a hurry (look at Gary Lyon’ s comments) to get rid of a guy who by the way is yet to declare that he wants out. May be his foot issues are a concern as well. Wonder why the worst forward line in the league is not going all out to get him.

There lies the problem. Do you really think the negativity of Ross the Toss can make the most out of an effective attack?

I liken it to Dermot saying Horse is killing Sydney by having the best forward in the AFL and his game plan does not allow Buddy to be his best.

Nah I don't think he'd know what to do with them. And from what I hear Freo straight up refuse to pay him out as it'll cost them too much. But it might be viable next year and if they can put enough pieces in place between now and then who knows..

Players in contract keep nominating clubs they want to go to. Yet the only one in the media and opposition supporters that anyone has a problem with is Kelly. Absolute BS!
I know cats want to achieve their perceived value for him, but get it done and stop with the crap about keeping him there in 2019. He's got a very valid reason. He should be able to list a club of preference!
Plenty of players nominating freo in past few years and we haven't whinged. I actually can't remember the last player that said they just want to return to perth, they always pick a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back