List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Sydney threw large sums of money at him, resulting in him asking for a trade.

Yes this. The offer was too good to refuse - Sinclair wasn't exactly pushed out the door.

no no no...I have been reliable informed by some posters here sinclair had no choice and was just 'thrown in' by WC like he was a trading card

pretty sure it was the same posters last year that stated our finals win meant nothing and we should of tanked for draft picks

clueless

I heard Tom Scully is available for a pick in the 50s, we should offer GWS pick 22 instead, that's massive overs so it should get the deal done no problem.

How bad is Scully leg injury though and will he have a full recovery..Scully’smain weapon is his running and endurance..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've got a feeling Geelong just want to hang on to him given his rookie salary short of an "exceptional" offer. He's worth more to them at $100k cap space than giving him up for whatever we offer this year.
They'd then hope he either stays or allows for a bidding war between us and Freo otherwise they'd get a pick in the high teens/low 20s for him and move on.

Don't see the Kelly trade happening unfortunately. We should definitely be looking for another mid to add to the mix.

Agree if Geelong are still demanding a Top 10 Pick we should walk away and head to the draft ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Actually Sinclair wins a lower % of ruck contests than Lycett, the only reason he gets more hitouts is because he was Sydneys sole ruckman for most of the year so he attended a heap more ruck contests per game than Lycett did.

View attachment 573916
As a Sydney resident I can confirm Sinclair is bad. He can get stats against other lower level rucks, but is completely dominated when playing against good rucks. Swans would be playing Naismith if he wasn’t injured.

My hope is that we can get this deal done without affecting next year's 1st round pick AND keep a second rounder this year.

Hopefully it's something like 20 + 2019 2nd rounder for Kelly + 2019 3rd rounder. This would put Kelly's value somewhere between Pick 7 (absolute worst case scenario ie. WCE spoon & Geelong flag) and 20 (absolute best case), but will likely be somewhere in the middle - for example if the swap was done this year, it would be 39 for 55, which put Kelly's value at 15.

This is of course assuming that the draftguru.com calculator bears any similarity to how actual AFL clubs value picks.

Hawthorn have three players just this off season nominating only them (out of 10 Victorian clubs) - one a highly touted youngster, one a genuine star goal kicking midfielder, and one a former number 1 pick that is still a jet in midfield, but barely a peep from the Victorian media about that one and instead all the crap is about us and Tim Kelly.

The hypocrisy is utterly breathtaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Lloyd is giving Walls a run for his spot as Prime Media Moron

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...uey-dom-sheed-in-tim-kelly-deal-ng-b88991055z
giphy.gif

Well Lloyd is giving Walls a run for his spot as Prime Media Moron

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/a...uey-dom-sheed-in-tim-kelly-deal-ng-b88991055z
From a Geelong perspective - that article is a good joke; unless WCE wish to take a 2nd or 3rd player Geelong player along with Kelly, doubtful we'd even name a player to include in a trade because we are tight on list spots and still need to clear spots ahead of the draft & as it stands we have 4 players not contracted for next year.

How brain dead is this guy? Why would we be "desperate" to land kelly after just winning a flag and even consider trading our norm smith medalist, or the game winner who's from WA? Should lose his job for those comments alone given how stupid they are
I wonder if he throws some grass up in the air before he submits an article to see which way the wind is blowing

My hope is that we can get this deal done without affecting next year's 1st round pick AND keep a second rounder this year.

Hopefully it's something like 20 + 2019 2nd rounder for Kelly + 2019 3rd rounder. This would put Kelly's value somewhere between Pick 7 (absolute worst case scenario ie. WCE spoon & Geelong flag) and 20 (absolute best case), but will likely be somewhere in the middle - for example if the swap was done this year, it would be 39 for 55, which put Kelly's value at 15.

This is of course assuming that the draftguru.com calculator bears any similarity to how actual AFL clubs value picks.
I would bet big money that they don't.

The points methodology seems to be based around regressing games played to the draft pick used to taken them. So as a thought experiment, a situation where you are most likely to get a couple of ~60 game players (picks 20 and 22) is considered equivalent to one 120 game player or roughly pick 6. I think if you asked list managers whether they would take one 120 game player or two 60 game players, in the absence of any other information, they would take the 120 game player every single time. That is why I somewhat agree with the Geelong fans who disagree that 20+22 should be considered equivalent to the top 10 pick that they want. It's not. On the other hand I think 20+22 should be sufficient, but that is a different story.

As I understand it the points system wasn't introduced to help clubs value picks in trades; it was only introduced to make clubs pay fair(er) value for F/S and academy picks, so it has its uses there and the methodological flaws aren't such a problem because it's still patently better than the old system.

I wonder if he throws some grass up in the air before he submits an article to see which way the wind is blowing

I think he spent more time preparing for a kick on goal than he spends getting ready for his Trade Radio shift, judging by those quotes.

From a Geelong perspective - that article is a good joke; unless WCE wish to take a 2nd or 3rd player Geelong player along with Kelly, doubtful we'd even name a player to include in a trade because we are tight on list spots and still need to clear spots ahead of the draft & as it stands we have 4 players not contracted for next year.
Yep it's pretty clear now why you don't want a player or more than one pick back in this draft, no use for extra players or picks

Yes but only when he writes from the middle of Etihad with the roof closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back