Delisting Time - Who will go?

Remove this Banner Ad

King Kamehameha said:
The prospect of delisting Cupido and keeping Johns makes me want to drink.

Johns:
Lets see how you would play after the injuries he has had. Give him a chance. SHeedy plays him on a wet day as his first match. Stupid stupid idea for someone like him.

Yeah, his body has been through hell and now he's rubbish - which is why he should be delisted. Sometimes Sheedy takes too long to admit he got things wrong.

New Senior inclusions:
Lovett, Lovett-Murray, Cole, Draft pick 1, pick 2, pick 3, pick 4(have to use), Campo (PSD), Heff (PSD)

Therefor Nine Have to go:

Richards, Allan, Alvey, Murphy, Haynes, Bullen, Hunt, Zantuck, Thomas

Should be going but wont in my opinion:
Johns (big *******), Reynolds (has had long enough), Watson (has neva shown anything)

Shouldnt be going but will:
Zantuck (if we get his head right he will be ok down back), Thomas (a real goer, done everything right)

I want to hold on to

Cupido - give him 1 more chance, if he gets on fire, we wont be sorry

,Hunt - will need him with our lack of height. If given game time could have a breakout season

Thomas - I think could be good for us. Reads the play well

Surely we could delist Mark Alvey, Marc Bullen, Ben Haynes, Ty Zantuck, Justin Murphy, Joel Reynolds and forget about Heff. Lets not get nostalgic now Sheeds. It aint 2000 anymore. Let him play in the VFL for a year and if he shows something, offer him a lifetime next year. I think Cupes, Hunt and Thomas all have more to offer than Heff at this stage..

King Kamehameha said:
The prospect of delisting Cupido and keeping Johns makes me want to drink.
Get your drinks ready!!!1 Cupido has had enough chances and has show his arrogance and laziness...... Johns has not been given on field chances due to injury. Give him one full preseason and i think we have another fantastic young player.. But it is obvious that you, as a supporter, write players off to quickly.. If it was up to you the bombers would be running out with the equivilant of Carlton's 2005 side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bringbacblight said:
Get your drinks ready!!!1 Cupido has had enough chances and has show his arrogance and laziness...... Johns has not been given on field chances due to injury. Give him one full preseason and i think we have another fantastic young player.. But it is obvious that you, as a supporter, write players off to quickly.. If it was up to you the bombers would be running out with the equivilant of Carlton's 2005 side.

I write them off quickly when they obviously have no talent. Johns was a big fat piece of propaganda to distract supporters from the fact we weren't travelling very well.

As for the player himself, have you seen him kick? And his hair makes him look like the doggie van from Dumb and Dumber.

As dump and unreliable as Cupido is, he at least has talent and I would rather live in hope of him turning it around that watching Johns gump his way around the forward line.

Although it may be true that Johns is a hack, the fact that we have put three years worth of rehab into him means we will not be delisting him. He will definitely be given the chance to prove himself after a full preseason.

Looks like everyone agrees on Hunt, Alvey, Haynes, Bullen and Murphy. Which leaves two out of Thomas, Cupido, Zantuck and Reynolds to go.

Pretty tough choice.

Zantuck is probably dispensable, will never be a genuine CHB or FB and we have Solly and McPhee who can play similiar roles. But then with the loss of Richards there may be some justification in keeping him. If it were up to me he'd go.

Thomas or Cupido? Although Thomas has a real go, I dont think he'll ever be a game breaker. Best case scenario he might turn out to be like a JJ but then again he probably wont. Cupido on the other hand is a game breaker and has proven that in the past. Just a matter of whether we take yet another punt on him. So really a toss of the coin between these two. (Reynolds wont go because of Sheedy).

Would it be possible for Reynolds to nominate for the draft again so we can pick him up with pick 51? (given no other clubs take him before that). In that case we wouldnt have to choose out of Thomas and Cupido.

King Kamehameha said:
I write them off quickly when they obviously have no talent. Johns was a big fat piece of propaganda to distract supporters from the fact we weren't travelling very well.

As for the player himself, have you seen him kick? And his hair makes him look like the doggie van from Dumb and Dumber.

As dump and unreliable as Cupido is, he at least has talent and I would rather live in hope of him turning it around that watching Johns gump his way around the forward line.

Gee the Kid plays half a season after serious injury, has no pre season which means his fitness is well down and you want to get rid of him :rolleyes:

ant555 said:
Gee the Kid plays half a season after serious injury, has no pre season which means his fitness is well down and you want to get rid of him :rolleyes:
Yeah I agree.

I'm sceptical about him having a long career in the AFL, but Courtney definetely deserves another shot.

To be fair to him, he shouldn't have played this year, and we should all be still carrying on how he is the messiah...

Johnson#26 said:
Would have been harsh on Paul Thomas. IMO he had a decent first up season.

You know it would be , trouble is Paul plays in a position that we have a number of players for . McVeigh , Welsh , Slattery , Nash , Lovett Murray and co all play a similar role.

GRETEL KILLEEN PICKS UP THE ENVELOPE, "its time to go, Hennes, Winderlich, Cupido, Alvey, Johns, Bolton, Murphy, Reynolds, Hunt, Zantuck, Nash and Haynes"
Why the hell did we get Zantuck?

Crave said:
GRETEL KILLEEN PICKS UP THE ENVELOPE, "its time to go, Hennes, Winderlich, Cupido, Alvey, Johns, Bolton, Murphy, Reynolds, Hunt, Zantuck, Nash and Haynes"
Why the hell did we get Zantuck?
Hindsight is a glorious thing.

No, but really, who knows what might have happened, in the slim change that he went the other way Sheedy would've been touted as a genius.

I'll be very angry if Thommo goes. 1 year, started poor came better and had a couple of good games and some very good ones in VFL so I have heard. What I saw of him at AFL, I know he can offer 3 times as much STILL. Give the man a big pre-season, he is keen as mustard, has hardness and also skill, moves well and not afraid to hurt opposition players. Delisting him after 1 year would be a massive mistake. Now I'd love the bloke to be back at centrals but not just after 1 year. Maybe 3 or 4 if he cant hold his spot in the side by then.

As for Cole...geez he may have pace and good run but you can do better than him.

King Kamehameha said:

King - You obviously are a supporter during the good times and a critic when things aren't going to well. Johns has the ability to play a role similar to a McPhee or Solly. he has a great set of hands and his ability to read the play is also very good.. As for his hair...... are u a fashion guru. I think you need to allow some time for a bloke coming back from Osteoitis Pubis more time.. AS i said before full pre season and look out 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting Time - Who will go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back