Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

There wasnt much point of getting pick 61 in the Collingwood trade. I would of liked to see us delist ablett and Grundy. They are both crap! This also means we probly cant get anyone in the preseason draft which is a shame!

There wasnt much point of getting pick 61 in the Collingwood trade. I would of liked to see us delist ablett and Grundy. They are both crap! This also means we probly cant get anyone in the preseason draft which is a shame!
My guess was it was a contigency plan for ROK walking out on us. I know it doesn't sound much, like breaking open your piggy bank when the your super fund goes belly up, but at least it does give us a possible explanation.

We were never ever going to pick up anyone in the PSD. We might pick up one delisted player on the rookie list though. I'm surprised we didn't delist someone like Thornton/Brabazon/Laidlaw and re-draft them as a rookie, thereby letting us use 62 rather than picking up another rookie in the rookie draft.

There is no reason to delist that 2, there are worse players than that 2 on our list

I agree about Ablett, hes pretty rubbish but Grundy is alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett is the worst player ever. He is nearly 26 or 27 and he has done nothing. He nearly lost us the 2005 grand final when he kiced it straight to cousins in the goal square! Luke Ablett=:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Next time you watch a Swans game, look a bit closer at the hard work at the stoppages you might be surprised how good he is.
And we didn't lose the 05 Gf did we, he wont be the first or the last AFL player to do it.
He's not delisted so get over it, if i had my way McHack would have been gone.but he has now improved if he had Abletts guts he'd be even better !

Next time you watch a Swans game, look a bit closer at the hard work at the stoppages you might be surprised how good he is.
And we didn't lose the 05 Gf did we, he wont be the first or the last AFL player to do it.
He's not delisted so get over it, if i had my way McHack would have been gone.but he has now improved if he had Abletts guts he'd be even better !

Agree with most of that, apart from the usual mcveigh claptrap

Ablett is the worst player ever. He is nearly 26 or 27 and he has done nothing. He nearly lost us the 2005 grand final when he kiced it straight to cousins in the goal square! Luke Ablett=:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Next time you watch him kick to cousins in the 2005 GF, you may like to watch how he got the ball to make the mistake. The passage of play leading up to it sums him up perfectly.

It may well enlighten you on why he is still on the list.

Having said that, he had a poor year last year and needs to step up this year.

Ablett is not a high possession onballer so for that he is maligned - I think there are far worse players at the Swans then luke. I want us to delist LRT - he has played one half of good footy in his career (granted it was 2005 GF) - LRT could end up the worst 150 game player in history. Whilst I'm happy for Grundy to go also, at least he has some footy smarts - of which LRT has zero - I would estimate that LRT cost the team 30 goals this year, through poor decision making, and just not being in the right spot.

I would estimate that LRT cost the team 30 goals this year, through poor decision making, and just not being in the right spot.

I would estimate that is utter crap. Further, i would estimate you pulled the figure, out of your bum.

You needs to define 'cost us' for starter. If you mean by silly mistakes, that is ridiculous.

He is a defender, and no defender is perfect .. they all have goals kicked on them.
LRT is maligned not because of his defensive capabilities, but because he does offer much on the rebound.

This is more a fault of the game plan than LRT. If his skills are as they are, there should be players running off him.

A little birdy told me that Laidlaw could be in some trouble. I dont think it will happen but it could.

I would estimate that is utter crap. Further, i would estimate you pulled the figure, out of your bum.

Working on average of at least one per game, plus 3 in th first half against hawthorn 30 seems a fair call. LRT yes he's premiership player, but he is not up to standard. He has now played 98 games at the highest level but lacks instinct and is consisitantely caught on the wrong side of his opponent, ball-watching and wrong footing himself. Yes you are right I did not sit back and watch each every and game and count the goals, but I certainly recall my weekly frustration at the errors he makes that prove costly.

Perhaps a saving grace would be for LRT to try and recreate as a forward-cum-ruckman where his errors are not quite so costly.

Working on average of at least one per game, plus 3 in th first half against hawthorn 30 seems a fair call. LRT yes he's premiership player, but he is not up to standard. He has now played 98 games at the highest level but lacks instinct and is consisitantely caught on the wrong side of his opponent, ball-watching and wrong footing himself. Yes you are right I did not sit back and watch each every and game and count the goals, but I certainly recall my weekly frustration at the errors he makes that prove costly.

Perhaps a saving grace would be for LRT to try and recreate as a forward-cum-ruckman where his errors are not quite so costly.

He started off as a forward, and had bursts up there this year.

Every defender has goals kicked on him. Even Craig Bolton. We have one of the best defensive records in the past few years and at least part of that has to do with the structure LRT provides in defence.

Besides, who is a viable option? Faulks would make just as many mistakes (albeit cause he is young and learning), Murphy the same, Grundy is not tall enough and Leo is past it.

You can't just bag a guy and not give a reasonable alternative.

He started off as a forward, and had bursts up there this year.

Every defender has goals kicked on him. Even Craig Bolton. We have one of the best defensive records in the past few years and at least part of that has to do with the structure LRT provides in defence.

Besides, who is a viable option? Faulks would make just as many mistakes (albeit cause he is young and learning), Murphy the same, Grundy is not tall enough and Leo is past it.

You can't just bag a guy and not give a reasonable alternative.

Alternative: Our best back 6 - Barry, Bolton, Malceski, Mattner, Richards, Kennelly.

Traditional positions have changed so you have them match accordingly.

Alternative: Our best back 6 - Barry, Bolton, Malceski, Mattner, Richards, Kennelly.

Traditional positions have changed so you have them match accordingly.

Geez that is rubbish, say we play St Kilda, who do we get to play on Kozi, Reiwoldt, Gardiner/Hudson ?

Are you seriously suggesting Mal & tadgh as negating tall defenders ?

If we play the Hawks, who matches up on their talls ?

Who takes J brown and Bradshaw when we play Lions ?

Geez that is rubbish, say we play St Kilda, who do we get to play on Kozi, Reiwoldt, Gardiner/Hudson ?

Are you seriously suggesting Mal & tadgh as negating tall defenders ?

If we play the Hawks, who matches up on their talls ?

Who takes J brown and Bradshaw when we play Lions ?

On the money Dudley.:thumbsu:

He may have his faults, but he's the best option we have to try and negate or limit the impact of the tallest forwards from the opposition.

I would also suggest that he's disposal is far more effective then many give him credit for. Not pretty I grant you, but nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back