Speculation Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

I think ppl are forgetting it was the Covid affected draft, and also weak on talent (column A+B etc).
I know this ‘cause Essendon shot themselves in the same foot three times). Cries

So, DGB probably not that great, but not Robinson Crusoe there.

He bought a place in Melbourne this year I believe so not sure if he will head back home.

Seems pretty settled.
Surely playing regular football is more important as he can easily rent the place out.

Needs to move for a fresh start.

Just curious from VFL watchers/Hawks supporters etc.

With Barrass going we obviously need KPDs coming through, and age-wise DGB would make more sense than plucking an 18 year old (plus we need the draft to fill the other million holes on our list).

That being said I'm quietly confident we have a few solid B/B minus key backs coming on through. What we don't have are any who project to be Barrass level or higher and good sides need at least one of those.

Do you think based on that pre-draft potential he'd have any chance of developing into an A-Grader? If potential is there and it's just injuries etc I'd be keen to use a list spot and roll the dice on the low chance, but if his ceiling is looking like just being decent would lean away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just curious from VFL watchers/Hawks supporters etc.

With Barrass going we obviously need KPDs coming through, and age-wise DGB would make more sense than plucking an 18 year old (plus we need the draft to fill the other million holes on our list).

That being said I'm quietly confident we have a few solid B/B minus key backs coming on through. What we don't have are any who project to be Barrass level or higher and good sides need at least one of those.

Do you think based on that pre-draft potential he'd have any chance of developing into an A-Grader? If potential is there and it's just injuries etc I'd be keen to use a list spot and roll the dice on the low chance, but if his ceiling is looking like just being decent would lean away.
Straight swap? 😉
He’s definitely got talent but he doesn’t seem to have the endurance for the modern game. Also he gets sucked in far too easily and loses focus on the game. The latter can be fixed the former probably not if after 4 years there hasn’t been discernible improvement.

Kid has talent just not a good fit for the Hawks, if I was Bombers or North it would be a cheap investment for a potential key back

Kid has talent just not a good fit for the Hawks, if I was Bombers or North it would be a cheap investment for a potential key back
We have been crying out for a key back and given him plenty of opportunity. Not sure what 'not a good fit for the Hawks' means. If he performed at VFL he would be the perfect fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Denver Grainger-Barras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back