Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

"Strikers can now FoH multiple times on one super."
meftV0q.gif

Last edited:
They have gone back to their roots of Halo for the PvP for sure.

Focusing on 4v4, with primary and secondary weapons being your main weapons, things like autos, smg, scout, pistol. then heavy ammo will drop at certain areas of the map on timers, only one person will get it and that will be for things like rockets, shotgun, sniper etc.

Its the exact same model that people loved about Halo. Controlling the power weapons through map control and most duals occurring with standard weapons.

Super exciting.

As a titan, Im also bloody stoked I get to now be Captain America.
warlock looks a bit like a reskinned sunbreaker super
Hunters would be a bit upset I reckon as they have gone from arc blades to using a pole with the same concept. Though I like the Poledancer nickname its earnt them.

Last edited:
They have gone back to their roots of Halo for the PvP for sure.

Focusing on 4v4, with primary and secondary weapons being your main weapons, things like autos, smg, scout, pistol. then heavy ammo will drop at certain areas of the map on timers, only one person will get it and that will be for things like rockets, shotgun, sniper etc.

Its the exact same model that people loved about Halo. Controlling the power weapons through map control and most duals occurring with standard weapons.
was thinking the exact same thing. Looking great.:thumbsu:

Only problem with 4vs4 for all gametypes- no BTB:'(

was thinking the exact same thing. Looking great.:thumbsu:

Only problem with 4vs4 for all gametypes- no BTB:'(

Also not sure what it means for rumble and Trials. I assume trials just gains a player and rumble is either 8 players or 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had someone told me it was an expansion for the first game, I'd probably believe them.

Still in but they need to show more.

Gunplay was the best aspect of D1, why change it for the sake of change?

They've showed heaps of changes, updates and tweaks here's a list for you (Taken from Reddit)

• Destiny is now at least 10000000x more awesome, and 1000000000x more "2"
  • Starting with Campaign, there will now be more cinematic than ever before, and also in-game characters with AI that can help in battle. We saw the Vanguard in particular
  • The Cabal attacked the Last City because they wanted the Light of the Traveller to capture it
  • The Last City is destroyed, though there are definitely missions inside the crumbling tower AND on the ground
  • We saw a trailer with the origin of Zavala, how he was one of the first to be resurrected and how he led humanity from huts and fires under the traveller, to a full city with the wall and the Guardians.
  • Destiny is about having a story you can relate to, characters you want to hang out with and enemies you wanna face, according to Luke.
  • All Crucible gametypes going down to 4v4. We're going old-school again.
  • Luke says there should always be someone to play with, and that the way we make groups has been borderline miraculous.
  • New abilities and reworked classes, the Titan Void class now has a Captain America-like shield. the Warlock Solar class now has a flaming Sword which will spew fire, and the Hunter Arc class now has an Arc staff which they leap around with
  • Alongside grenade and melee abilities, each class also has a third special ability. We have seen the Warlock drop a buff ring on the ground (thing Titan bubble effect without the protective bubble), and also we saw the Titan drop a chest height barrier, which seems it can be deployed anywhere. Note, these are NOT supers.
  • A few new weapon types, more than we can mention or could capture quick enough, grenade launchers and miniguns are some of the few we saw.
  • Weapons are getting a revamp, the three new slots are now "Kinetic", "Energy" and "Power" weapons. Not a clear idea on how these work just yet. The minigun we mentioned was in the Energy slot, and the Grenade launcher in the Power
Image taken from /u/LordSlickRick:

Below info is taken from /u/LHodge, please give them some love!

• Fallen Vandals in opening trailer.

• Matchmaking for Raids, Trials, and Nightfall (seemingly) confirmed. SEE FURTHER DOWN ON "GUIDED GAMES".

• One Raid at launch confirmed.

• Stormy weather masks the Cabal's invasion as they take out our satellite network.

• The Cabal attack the Tower directly.

• The Cabal deploy a six-armed claw device that shields the Traveler and cuts us from its Light.

• New UI!

• First mission is defending the Tower against the Cabal invasion.

• Three ability icons in UI. Looks like Jumping Abilities have a cooldown now.

• Swords confirmed.

• Two primaries, no specials? Looks like pulse or auto is going into the second weapon slot.

• The Red Legion kidnaps the Speaker.

• New Cabal enemies. "Incendior".

• New heavy weapon type, looks like a needle launcher of some type. Similar model to "Dubious Volley".

• Your Guardian is saved by Amanda Holliday.

• Second half of the first mission is an infiltration of a Cabal ship to deactivate a shield generator.

• Level design feels more like Halo 2 and Halo 3. Very dense with enemies and combat.

• Ultras now have a Raid icon? First boss, Brann, the Unbent Blade. New Cabal enemy type.

• NEW WARLOCK SUPER! FLAMING SWORD WITH BOLT ATTACK! Called "Dawnblade".

• It's a trap. "Your journey ends here" is the voiceover, with a previously unheard voice actor. It's Dominus Ghaul.

• Luke Smith: "Spoilers. We lose."

• Ghaul wants the Traveler's Light for the Cabal. He wants the new Guardians to be Cabal, and intends to prove the Traveler made the wrong choice.

• "Recover the Vanguard" is one of our goals. Zavala and Ikora have left in existential crises, and Cayde vanishes on the battlefield trying to be a hero. We have to bring them all back.

• SWEEPER BOT WRECKED BY LEGIONNAIRES! THOSE MOTHER****ERS!

• "I am Ghaul, and your Light is mine."

• Looks like Ghaul is piloting a dead planet as a space ship, maybe? A dead planet drifted past the sun.

• Omolon and Haake guns confirmed.

• More cutscenes than all of D1 combined.

• Story missions and quests are numerous.

• New Vanguard armor sets shown off.

• Vex enemies confirmed.

• Exotic Gear confirmed.

• New weapon slots. Kinetic Slot, Energy Slot, Power Slot. Power Slot includes Snipers, Fusions, LMGs, Rocket Launchers, and GRENADE LAUNCHERS CONFIRMED!

• All new Supers. Dawnblade for Warlocks, same flaming sword from earlier. Sentinel from Titan, summons a shield that can be thrown or used as a meele weapon. Arc Strike for Hunters, summons a powerful staff.

• PVP modes rescaled for 4v4 instead of 6v6 or 3v3.

• "Destiny 2. There's more to do than ANY game we've made at Bungie."

• Campaign is titled "The Red War."

• First mission is called "Homecoming".

• Strikes return. Showing off "The Inverted Spire" Strike later today, to a brand new planet, called Nessus (spelling may be different). Deep in Cabal territory, with a Vex temple, and a "three-step boss".

• New HUD shows enemies with Super Energy and Power Slot Ammo in PVP.

• New PVP gametypes. Showing off an attack/defend gametype called "Countdown" later today.

• New Raid WILL NOT be revealed today.

• Exploration has "big improvements" coming. In Destiny 2, you can launch any new activity WITHOUT GOING TO ORBIT.

• Patrol returns.

• Treasure maps confirmed.

• Choosable landing zones implied.

• NPCs in overworld.

• Public Events confirmed, with Heroic difficulties.

• Hidden dungeons called "Lost Sectors".

• Map system! It works like the Director, as well. You can go from one planet to another from the map.

• Multiple new planets confirmed. LOTS of Vex architecture. Looks like we return to the Dreadnaught, as well.

• Shaxx on the battlefield?

• EUROPEAN DEADZONE CONFIRMED! Twice as large as ANY other zone in Destiny.

• Titan, Moon of Saturn confirmed. Where Zavala retreats to. Titan is a methane ocean covered in monolithic human architecture.

• Cayde is on the machine-world, Nessus, which is controlled by the Vex and occupied by the Cabal.

• Io, the moon of Jupiter is also confirmed, where Ikora retreats to.

• Better Clan integration in Destiny 2. In-game rosters, in-Clan LFG, custom Clan banners. Shared reward system for Clans.

• MATCHMAKING OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED FOR ALL ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING TRIALS OF OSIRIS, RAIDS, AND NIGHTFALL STRIKES! Called "Guided Games," where solo players can queue up with a Clan that has open slots. Basically an in-game LFG system, but with groups from clans instead of randoms all around.

• Sparrows return.

• IS THAT A PLAYER-DRIVEN TANK?!

• Another Strike, called "Every Rose Has Its Hawthorne," but I missed the location.

• Some D1 Emotes are returning. How they are obtained is unknown.

• New Emotes.

• New Orbit UI.

• Hawthorne lives at "The Farm" on Earth.

• Shaxx's armor appears to be obtainable for Titans.

• PLAYER-DRIVEN TANKS CONFIRMED!

• Strike Boss that looks like a Precursor Atheon.

• GOLDEN GUN IN TRAILER

• Did the Cabal just blow up the ****ing sun?

• Beta test launch still TBA.

• Segment on PC launch. PC copies will launch on Blizzard's Battle.net exclusively, NOT Steam, Origin, OR Windows Store, meaning no Xbox Play Anywhere. No confirmation on the cross-save leak, although I find it unlikely unless you sign into the game with your Bungie ID on all consoles.

• Stream ends. When the embargo on captures lifts, streamers will begin to show off the "Homecoming" mission on Earth, the "Inverted Spire" Strike on Nessus, and the "Countdown" Crucible mode on an unknown map.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/?d=2017-5#181745

This is massive news. In fact, to (correctly) use the buzz word of month, this is actually unprecedented.

Why are you adding a non-Blizzard game to Blizzard's platform?

We loved Destiny and think Destiny 2 is going to be a great game. Blizzard has an established and successful global internet infrastructure we’ve used for years to support our own games. Creating a new network client for Destiny 2, which is bringing the franchise to PC for the first time, would needlessly extend the development period for the game. We want to get our hands on Destiny 2 as soon as possible like everybody else, so we offered to share our PC platform with our sister companies for this release.

Does this mean other games are going to come to the Blizzard platform too?

Our focus in terms of supporting non-Blizzard games is solely around Destiny 2. Aside from potentially evaluating needs or opportunities for future Activision games, we don’t have any short- or long-term plans to support third-party games with Battle.net. It’s important to us to maintain our quality standards for any experience or service we’re putting in front of our players, which represents a big investment of time and effort on our part, so this is not something we’re jumping into lightly.

But the best part of all...

Does this mean I'll be able to use my Blizzard Balance to purchase Destiny 2?

Yes!

So for any fellow WoW nerds out there, get dem tokens and get a non Blizzard game for free. Ridiculous!

Here is the first mission played as a Dawnblade Warlock (Mute the idiot and you can see the info on all the subclass perks at the start)

That looked really good. Great atmosphere.

New strike played as Titan.

This could have easily been a strike in one of the Destiny expansions. I suppose the boss fight was a little more elaborate.

The story mission comes from the PC and, as you would expect, it visually looks like a big step up on what we have become accustomed to. The strike is on a PS4 Pro and didn't at first glance look much improved on the original. So maybe that is driving my view of what looks great and what looks a little old.

I am certain to get this game and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But I also know that I have progressively played less Destiny with each new release. Part of the issue being that Destiny has failed to really shake things up.

Right now I am a little concerned that Destiny 2 is just a large expansion pack rather than the Halo CE --> Halo 2 improvement that I was hoping for. Hopefully that will change as new information and footage becomes available.

The changes to the MP seem interesting - and there is nothing wrong with going with a Halo model - but I'm also a little concerned about the scale and scope of the maps. If they are made for 4 v 4 then they need to be small and intimate, which leaves little scope for really impressive maps.

seriously that guided gaming concept is so incredible.

Lmao Lancey-poo take the rose-tinted glasses off for just a second. The Guilded gaming concept is legit just a poorly named LFG concept, it's not revolutionary and will likely be poorly impleneted and the third party sites will still be the way to go.

PvP changes are just awesome.

Shotties, fusions, snipers now as power weapons is amazing, so much less whinging and salt will occur. More primary battles and battles around the power weapon ammo. Being able to see who has a super charged and when. Some really smart changes.

It remains to be seen whether the weapon changes will be good or bad, it seems like it'll push the game towards a primary heavy game which is probably for the best, but 4 v 4 for all game modes is a moronic change.

It remains to be seen whether the weapon changes will be good or bad, it seems like it'll push the game towards a primary heavy game which is probably for the best, but 4 v 4 for all game modes is a moronic change.

I was really hoping for a 12 v 12 shit show myself. Or some type of adaptation of the big team games in the latest Halo which had objectives and vehicles.

I was really hoping for a 12 v 12 shit show myself. Or some type of adaptation of the big team games in the latest Halo which had objectives and vehicles.
Agree

The correlation between lag and lukas melts is 1

Lmao Lancey-poo take the rose-tinted glasses off for just a second. The Guilded gaming concept is legit just a poorly named LFG concept, it's not revolutionary and will likely be poorly impleneted and the third party sites will still be the way to go.

well the rationale seems to be that it allows for better map design, which makes sense to me. I don't see why it matters whether it's 3v3 or 4v4 and I certainly won't miss 6x6. I think Rumble should be maintained but that's all I would say is maybe not right. Re the weapons, it can't possibly be a bad thing that it's mainly primaries and you can't get monstered by shotties or snipers all the time. It's awesome you can flick between a hand cannon and a scout rifle with the press of a button, that's ****ing brilliant right there.

But as for guided gaming, it's more than just a poorly named lfg concept. It's a great idea. Because it stops the situation where 6 randos are thrown in with each other and means that you get to play with a group who generally already know each other, which will cut out 99% of the toxic bullshit you get from lfg's. Not only that, but if you get along with them you are far more likely to be have the opportunity to join a clan and play with people you like than you ever would with basic random lfg shit.

As for saying it will likely be poorly implemented, well, really? Why? Sounds like a pretty sound concept for mine.

In any case, if people for whatever reason don't like it there will always be the same old lfg sites. I ****ing hate using them myself so I reckon it's a great idea and I'm more than happy to give it the benefit of the doubt. Ya ****ing grinch :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back