Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he has drifted til 30 odd spot on the list. He will need a ton of injuries to occur to get in. He wasnt getting a game when Will Ashcroft was playing for example and so its going to take a lot for him to get in now Wills back and firing. Reville/Brain too his spot and then Lohmann/Morris have come in and taken forward opportunities too

Its only going to get worse next year when Levi joins the ranks and then Coleman, Doedee, McCarthy come back to provide depth in other areas and give him less of a chance to fill in any flank positions

Its a long season. Plus finals to make a GF.

Just ask Carlton.

As I said. Dev knew exactly where he was in the pecking order. Some pretty interesting names listed in history being the last player picked in premiership teams. Sometimes first year players. Marlon Picket debut game.

Dev wouldnt get that chance playing for the Eagles this season.

So is Dev a fool for staying? I dont think so. He backed himself in for a crack at a flag.

Its a long season. Plus finals to make a GF.

Just ask Carlton.

As I said. Dev knew exactly where he was in the pecking order. Some pretty interesting names listed in history being the last player picked in premiership teams. Sometimes first year players. Marlon Picket debut game.

Dev wouldnt get that chance playing for the Eagles this season.

So is Dev a fool for staying? I dont think so. He backed himself in for a crack at a flag.
He needed to back himself in for having a long career as opposed to a crack at a flag

He has probably burned 1 mill+ to chase a pipe dream

cant blame a bloke for wanting to stay at a team where hed just played in a grand final and presumably backed himself in to stay in the side

had the wrist issue all preseason and just never got going this year. seems a good character so i hope he goes well wherever he ends up landing.
Umm yes it's actually alarming.

This is not social footy where you play footy with mates for fun.

For anyone that knows him or know his mindset is he happy playing is whole career in the twos. Does he have any hunger to play afl? Does he care?

Will he regret playing 1 game at the age of 24???

Imagine if a pick 1 had that mindset of never playing afl and being content as a reserves player. He should be banging and raging he isn't playing but from the outside he looks like he is content.

When was the last time a first round draft pick was happy to play in reserves his whole life while still being on afl list?

For anyone that knows him or know his mindset is he happy playing is whole career in the twos. Does he have any hunger to play afl? Does he care?

Imagine if a pick 1 had that mindset of never playing afl and being content as a reserves player. He should be banging and raging he isn't playing but from the outside he looks like he is content.

When was the last time a first round draft pick was happy to play in reserves his whole life while still being on afl list?
werent you the guy who had an all time melt when he signed on with brisbane?

dont think anyone should be heeding what you have to say regarding mindsets.

Who cares as long as he isn't at WCE I wish him the best

Yeah but Frankston FC wont have any trade assets to give you though?

To give me? Why would I personally be trading for Deven Robertson. I am a random forum poster not a football club.

Its a club competition. One lucky member will receive the meat tray received in the trade package from Frankston FC in exchange for Deven Robertson

You had me at meat tray. In.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a club competition. One lucky member will receive the meat tray received in the trade package from Frankston FC in exchange for Deven Robertson
Well, at least Frankston would want him. Reid aside, Frankston would probably say thanks but no thanks to that sorry lot who got a good hiding from Carlton yesterday.

Just to clarify this, his Mrs didn't have an allergic via misguided sense of loyalty.

It was probably more likely the seafood she's allergic to.

True story. My own clubs B&F night was marred one year after nobody had attendees fill out allergy forms prior to the evening, resulting in 2 courses containing seafood and many complaining.

After some heated words with the manager they eventually realised the guests weren't at fault, called an audible and changed up meals on the fly for anybody who required it.
Great work by the kitchen.

Anyway, that story is about as interesting at Devon's future career movements.
Hope he can make the most of it somewhere because he's decent, but wouldn't be expecting much in return necessarily.

Also, I guess his girlfriend isn't allergic to Devon. Like most ladies in Australia I hear.

Brisbane midfielder Deven Robertson could also be headed home to Western Australia after finding himself on the outer at the Lions in 2024, playing just the two games.
"I believe he’s also now one to watch in this trade period,” SEN WA’s Peter Vlahos said.
"Maybe he should’ve taken the offer last year. His currency might not be as prominent as 12 months ago.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Deven Robertson [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back