Diamond Valley Under 19s

Remove this Banner Ad

Merks #17 said:
Gday boys. Eltham 19's will be a force to be reckoned with in 07. With the induction of Duggin, Lee and McKerrow into the already unstoppable under
17's, this team will push both bundy and west for premiership glory. Northcote park might struggle due to Sarien Toun's move to Lalor Stars and Teresa being unable to play.

what about smith and williamson

dv07 said:
yer fair enough mate, but who r u to say that eltham r going to be all bottom age. they had blokes playin in the ones and twos that wil lcome down and fil the 19s team up, and im sure that div 1 senior football is alot better then under 19s Div 2 crap. if these blokes r so big n **** and r any good they'd be playin seniors at their local clubs. hooroo m8

Mate if those players who r playin in the ones are any good they will play there all year and the kids who are in the twos are there for a reason makin up numbers to let u no the standard in ones and twos are pretty much the same doset change much and considering that greensborough have a strong list that would be the reason they dont have to play there younger players in the ones. all up it will be an interesting season where it should be hard fought out between boro, west and boundy but with west ones struggling wouldnt be suprised to see most of those blokes playin up in the ones thats y not much has been said about them roy boy

Do you eltham pigs realise that under 19s is actually under 19s and a half. Therefore the boys from under 17s team that won the flag, in a mediocre league, will b lining up against a lot of 20 year olds, and will struggle.

Big step up from under 17s.

flipout said:
Do you eltham pigs realise that under 19s is actually under 19s and a half. Therefore the boys from under 17s team that won the flag, in a mediocre league, will b lining up against a lot of 20 year olds, and will struggle.

once again, eltham wont be all bottom age, they have under 19s now playing ones and twos and they wil all be playing 19s next year

flipout said:

Come on flipout ease up mate. No one can really tell who is gonna push for the premiership yet, it is only october. A few of the boys from Eltham seniors are keen to play 19's, so it might help the under 17's boys coming up. Believe it or not there are some people in Eltham that are big and under the age of 19 and a half. 17's to 19's is a big jump but the boys showed this year they were a class above the rest, so maybe the transition won't be as big for them. The diamond valley under 17's was as strong as ive seen it this year, with up to six teams pushing for finals, so i wouldn't say it was mediocre.

Looking forward to 07 already.

dv07 said:
once again, eltham wont be all bottom age, they have under 19s now playing ones and twos and they wil all be playing 19s next year
why will players playing 1s or 2s step down to play in 19s? if theyre good enough to play in 1s theyd stay there unless they'v been filling in for injured regulars (which ive got no idea about)

Yeah some of the players in Eltham 2's have been lucky to get a game, and would probably play 19's if the option was available. Most of the 1's players will stay up and a few of the new 19's will play 1's aswell, but a few of the 17's boys are keen to play with the 19's, so it will all even out.

Eltham will be ok. But not as good as all you blokes are makin them out to be. They will have no decent top age players besides Natoli and then even he is nothing outstanding. The 17's coming up wer good in 17's this yr but they will be far from dominate in 19's (besides no more then a handful of players). Also the past couple of sides to win 17's grand finals previous to Elthams win this yr would have beaten your side from this year.

magpiemaniac said:
Eltham will be ok. But not as good as all you blokes are makin them out to be. They will have no decent top age players besides Natoli and then even he is nothing outstanding. The 17's coming up wer good in 17's this yr but they will be far from dominate in 19's (besides no more then a handful of players). Also the past couple of sides to win 17's grand finals previous to Elthams win this yr would have beaten your side from this year.

Few good points there. Eltham won't set the world on fire next year, but they will be competitive. I don't think diamo last year would've beaten us, as i played against this side and there best player was Davo or Mick Hill. The only side that would've beaten us that i have seen was the Eltham 17's from 2 years ago. Give credit where credit is due, we did have a good side consisting of 19 players that had played knights or diamond valley representative at some stage.

flipout said:

And we reckon you'd be one of the great saviours of the mediocre Bundoora, who also play in the mediocre league, beaten by West this season.

If you are indeed playing for Bundoora enjoy winning many games then losing the GF if you make it, your club will probably won't field a side most mornings cause you'd all still making your way home from the pub.

If you were any good you'd be playing in the Ammos where skill comes before brawn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wonderman said:
And we reckon you'd be one of the great saviours of the mediocre Bundoora, who also play in the mediocre league, beaten by West this season.

If you are indeed playing for Bundoora enjoy winning many games then losing the GF if you make it, your club will probably won't field a side most mornings cause you'd all still making your way home from the pub.

If you were any good you'd be playing in the Ammos where skill comes before brawn.

your a **** no1 likes you ifooty,wonderwoman,under18 insider am i forgeting any other oof your little geek loser acounts in which you log on and talk complete sh.it

magpiemaniac said:

Dear M' Maniac,

For the record, lets just say that I am highly affliated with the Eltham senior club, but have seen many of the under 17 games during '06.

From what I have seen, there are some very good talented players in this group who will relish in their move up to U19.5 Footy in '07, and many who will also be pushing for and will get a crack at senior footy as well.

Your point about no decent top age players is very ignorant. Ben Natoli as you have highlighted is a very good player, who apart from an illness early in season, played some very dominant games in the Magoos and a few games up in the 1's.

There were also players like Beau Briggs, Matt Williamson, Raf Marini & Darren Patterson who were given and took their chances at A-Grade level and were all very capable players. Adam Tsapsaris is another star on the rise, but I couldn't see him coming back into the fold as I think he is a 200 A grade game player in the making.

Some of this years under 17's players also had a crack at open age footy during the season. Naish Chapman was outstanding in his 3-4 appearances, Merks had a shot in A Grade against Bundy when they were in full flight, and the Panthers were ailing from several injuries. He will get many more chances at this level, if opportunity for his higher aspirations don't eventuate.

There are also other U19.5 players to fill the top age bracket such as Justin Brown, Mark Buckley, Owen Robertson, Aidan Smith, Luke Mullenger, Jesse Duggan, all who played significant roles in B grade footy this year.

Some of these Blokes may choose to stick with Open Age footy in '07, but Let me say this - If they did play u19.5 footy along with the incumbant bottom age players, I think the Panthers could be a legimate contender. But as highlighted by Merks earlier, it is only October.
icon10.gif

Good Luck to all the other sides :thumbsu:

Kickass said:
Dear M' Maniac,

For the record, lets just say that I am highly affliated with the Eltham senior club, but have seen many of the under 17 games during '06.

From what I have seen, there are some very good talented players in this group who will relish in their move up to U19.5 Footy in '07, and many who will also be pushing for and will get a crack at senior footy as well.

Your point about no decent top age players is very ignorant. Ben Natoli as you have highlighted is a very good player, who apart from an illness early in season, played some very dominant games in the Magoos and a few games up in the 1's.

There were also players like Beau Briggs, Matt Williamson, Raf Marini & Darren Patterson who were given and took their chances at A-Grade level and were all very capable players. Adam Tsapsaris is another star on the rise, but I couldn't see him coming back into the fold as I think he is a 200 A grade game player in the making.

Some of this years under 17's players also had a crack at open age footy during the season. Naish Chapman was outstanding in his 3-4 appearances, Merks had a shot in A Grade against Bundy when they were in full flight, and the Panthers were ailing from several injuries. He will get many more chances at this level, if opportunity for his higher aspirations don't eventuate.

There are also other U19.5 players to fill the top age bracket such as Justin Brown, Mark Buckley, Owen Robertson, Aidan Smith, Luke Mullenger, Jesse Duggan, all who played significant roles in B grade footy this year.

Some of these Blokes may choose to stick with Open Age footy in '07, but Let me say this - If they did play u19.5 footy along with the incumbant bottom age players, I think the Panthers could be a legimate contender. But as highlighted by Merks earlier, it is only October.
icon10.gif

Good Luck to all the other sides :thumbsu:

ur a legend mate

mattyr said:
your a **** no1 likes you ifooty,wonderwoman,under18 insider am i forgeting any other oof your little geek loser acounts in which you log on and talk complete sh.it

I am shattered, I admire you mattyr, and I always look forward to your thought provoking comments, I do not know these other people you are referring to, and as I am so shattered I will take my computer and no-one will ever hear from me again.

But Bundoora and Eltham will still struggle

Roy Boy said:
I'd dont know how many of you guys actually saw this team play this year but to think that the defending champions, who have been rated by many as the best U'19 side in the last 10 years to not be able to beat them then you know nothing.

Actually I'm glad that all you Eltham & Greensbourgh sucks are underestimating them, so that when they come out and beat you by 10 goals in the first round or two you wont know what has hit you.

And just so that your aware that this years leading Goalkicker, Comp B&F winner and Comp 5th place getter (after playing 8 senior games) will all be eligable to play again next year as well as 12 other premiership players.

Best team in the last 10 years is a big call. Teams like Eltham and Greensborough have always been the best juior teams in the DVFL and West Preston will learn that fact next year.

And as for your B&F winner (who i cant believe kicked that many goals) maybe he should try and help out in the big picture and play the whole year in the 1st team if he is so good

wonderman said:
You guys will not win a game and probably won't have side by round 11

yer alright mate, well u obvisouly dont play cause ya a girl and ur over 40 anyway says ya profile with greatguy or under 18 insider who whoever the fu ck else u are so keep of this thread thats relevant to people who are pretty much under 20 years.. u dont know **** mate, and if u somehow do get a life and get a job that doesnt involve u glearing at a computer screen trying to fire up 18 year olds

Merks #17 is keeping his identity very anonymous at this stage and theres a lot of mystery surrounding who he is. Just on Eltham without trying to get too carried away lets not forget how competetive they were in 2005 beating every team at least once and if they can get that group together plus some good recruits and most top-age U/17s premiership players and the coach from this year they should be a very solid unit. But pre-season hasnt even started yet

flipout said:
Does anybody have any information on Anthony Noor and where he's heading next year, an absolute gun.

Well the great man Noor has got quite a few offers on the table at this stage. Apparently he may be making the move to skipper Watsonia seniors next year. It will be a toss up between that, South Morang 3rds, Fawkner Park or Thomastown reserves

the G train #9
Just on Eltham without trying to get too carried away lets not forget how competetive they were in 2005 beating every team at least once

Oh and i remember how they choked in the finals getin done by 5 goals against boro even with varsamarkis playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Diamond Valley Under 19s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back