Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

• Yes

Votes: 90 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 35.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well its reported he also said something like you wont be getting on a plane this week or to that effect. Who knows he might have even dropped a swear word at one point god forbid. But for a club that has been on the front foot with the celebrations, antagonising etc you'd think you might be able cop a fraction of it coming back the other way.

Don't remember any of our players approaching the opposition coach after any of our wins this season and taunting them over the loss. You got any examples of this? You even have any examples of Hawthorn players taunting opposition players after a Hawks win this season? Stop equating what Hinkley did with with what Ginni did. They are not equivalent. Ain't the same ****in' ballpark; it ain't the same league; it ain't the same ****in' sport.

Don't remember any of our players approaching the opposition coach after any of our wins this season and taunting them over the loss. You got any examples of this? You even have any examples of Hawthorn players taunting opposition players after a Hawks win this season? Stop equating what Hinkley did with with what Ginni did. They are not equivalent. Ain't the same ****in' ballpark; it ain't the same league; it ain't the same ****in' sport.
Hawthorn has been showboating, taking selfies on field with the opposition in view and carrying on with social media all season. This is twisting the knife, but because its a young team, they were winning and neutrals were on board (with the stupid "hokball" shit) it was just "oh the young fellas just having a bit of fun"

Now that it has bitten them on the arse it's all of a sudden a huge issue and a different ballpark? No, taunting takes many forms and Hawthorn has been doing it all season. Cop it on the chin and move on, use it as fuel next year or whatever, but this act that Hawthorns coach, captain and now apparently fans is performing is just embarrassing to watch as a neutral.

Your club and Ginnivan started it but by god Hinkley and Port Adelaide finished it. The moral of the story here is don't dish it out in the first place if you can't take it.

good point...

This all started because a Hawks player posted up a stupid instagram thread. This would of never happened in the 1980s though.

Sicily and Mitchell are soft and if it hasn't already, it'll rub off on the team. Being able to dish it out but not able to take it back goes to show that the current clown show will not last for very long before it implodes. Take some more selfies boys, it might cheer you up
Only disrespectful difference between “Shaun 2 more games to go Mannagh” and Ginni… is Ginni gets clicks. Mannagh equally as disrespectful but he’s a nobody.

In the season with the most atrocious umpiring ever (blames AFL, not umpires), it would of been sooo bad for the Hawks to have got any further, like abandon all hope for the game bad. Dogs in 2021 were pretty proficient at drawing the free kick but Hawthorn were next level this year. That GWS game 'oh mah looordy'.Even in the weekends game the spiral of madness continued. Hawks brought the game more into disrepute this year with a bad example for the children much more than Kenny did ruffling your brown & gold feathers for being arrogant turd burgers.

Anyone remember the cover up in 2007 of the documents with the list of Hawk naughty names? The year before they upset the Cats.

West Coast were crucified for partying too hard. Hawks got to ride on to a dynasty.
I think you didn’t go back far enough in time

I have to admit, the amount of comments I've read about how offended everyone is over goal celebrations and post game selfies, is pretty bloody amusing!

There's some serious mental gymnastics and head ****ery going on there to use those to claim we're taunting or disrespecting opposition.

And those same people are questioning our mental strength? Crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t watch any football media and think that JG was way out of line and deserved his whack.
Did he deserve a whack on IG or even im a tackle during the game… or directly after the game on the field, from the Port coach in a way that was evident to everyone at home?

Think about it. Not a great look for Ken or the AFL.

The Hawks had one of the best seasons I remember a young side having and all the chatter is about the BS words outside of play or celebrations, who gives a heck.

At the end of the day you’ve sooked up over a handful of words after Ginnivan provoked and went at Port.
I’ll take things that never happened for $800.

Did he deserve a whack on IG or even im a tackle during the game… or directly after the game on the field, from the Port coach in a way that was evident to everyone at home?

Think about it. Not a great look for Ken or the AFL.
JG is a grown man. He can take it. Or should be able to take it. Jesus, this is all very soft.

JG is a grown man. He can take it. Or should be able to take it. Jesus, this is all very soft.
And he did take it.

This all blew up because a senior coach decided to goad a player and club after they’ve just lost a final.

I can only imagine the outcry if the boot was on the other foot, with all the damage Hawthorn have done to so many in these pages over the years.

You can apply all the mental gymnastics you want to, but if you really think that Ginnivan was so deserving of a whack for commenting on Grundy’s instagram it’s bloody laughable when you then make excuses for Hinkley, and don’t even mention Mannagh talking about “2 games left” or Hinkley himself talking about “see you next week” on Thursday.

LOL

Only thing a bit rich is the AFL.
Yeah, why would they want a senior coach to behave after the siren. So rich of the AFL to expect they.

Derp.

Players that have to put their head over the ball in game can say as they please as far as I'm concerned (within reason).

Using a guard of honour as an opportunity to sledge oppo players after the fact is spineless...
So your saying Rachelle should keep his mouth shut?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree players talking is fine they gotta go out and back it up (or try to) ginni wasn't amazing but had an OK game...

Coach that doesn't have to back it up, talking shite after the fact at a time they're meant to be honouring another player career... see previous post
Ginni was very soft when it came to putting his head over the ball.

Happy to get the Joe the goose once his team mates have done the work.

My boys did the same in 2022....Craig McCrae took them from 17th to a Preliminary Final loss to Sydney (in Sydney) by a point. It was there that Jack Ginnivan (see he's not just a "young player" from Hawthorn) lay on the ground in disbelief that they'd missed the chance of a GF.

This doesn't expose a mental fragility with Hawthorn's new team. They'll burn inside like we did and with several new "recruits" coming in to bolster their defence, they'll be even more strident in their attempt at another premiership. Port on the other hand have been flakey for years now, they're not a young team on the up, and what Ken's done now will give lots of other teams (not just the Hawks) the impression that they (the entire club) can be got in....even by a social media post.
Port were younger than the Hawks.

Did Mannagh start it with the Brisbane Lions when in a post game interview he said “we have still have 2 games to go”?

Only disrespectful difference between “Shaun 2 more games to go Mannagh” and Ginni… is Ginni gets clicks. Mannagh equally as disrespectful but he’s a nobody.
the fact that you can't see the difference in Mannagh's benign comment and what Jack did is a great example of 'Hawthorn induced cognitive dissonance'

I do hope if daddy Fages makes fun of Mannagh that our captain also threatens to smash his head in and our coach cries in the press conference as well though.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Back