Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

• Yes

Votes: 90 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 35.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So yes. You do see the problem with imagining.

I imagine you watched the game through the lense of an Essendon fan who had just watched Hawthorn win a final the week before , something your own club hasn't managed for 20 years. So yeah, I imagine you could easily imagine nearly half our goals came from incorrect umpiring.

3 points. "Dismantled". LOL.
I can only hope for Hawthorn's sake (and let's be honest, most of us do realise this), that the club doesn't take the 'it was only 3 points' view - and instead takes Sam Mitchell's view that this proved that they were merely the 6th best team in the comp.

So many clubs fall for the lure of the close loss, without being able to see the actual reality before them. They get sucked in.

Like you are.

That's why deads*it fans don't get to run footy clubs, and instead are banished to footy forums to pretend that the clubs they choose to barrack for are better than they really are.

Wow please read the Damien Barrett article on the AFL website regarding the matter you Hawthorn sooky bums.
“Go read the article by the guy who wanted you to lose draft picks for tanking”.

😂

The most ignorant of football fan only looks at the scoreboard without considering the context of the game.
Here’s some context for you. Hawks played shit and still almost won.

Last edited:
So Ginni said "see you in 14 days" to his friend on social - not directly addressing any port players - before the game and you think this is the same as a team's senior coach going out onto the field after he's just won, and taunting a member of the losing team, calling them a ****wit or dickhead after they've lost? You really think this is acceptable behaviour from a senior coach and can't understand why he was fined?

So I assume you wouldn't be offended if I said that I think that makes you a bit of a dickhead, and perhaps even a complete ****wit. To me that sounds like an offensive post, but I guess you'll just chalk it up to friendly banter.
Spot on. (It's easier to sarcastically embrace every ill fitting word you put in my mouth).

If you need to type up another 80 angry paragraphs about it I can send you my email address.

Almost moral victory territory. Especially since Hinkley went against the spirit of football.

If Sicily was Bairstow it would've worked even better.
This reads like Swahili to me.

I can only hope for Hawthorn's sake (and let's be honest, most of us do realise this), that the club doesn't take the 'it was only 3 points' view - and instead takes Sam Mitchell's view that this proved that they were merely the 6th best team in the comp.

So many clubs fall for the lure of the close loss, without being able to see the actual reality before them. They get sucked in.

Like you are.

That's why deads*it fans don't get to run footy clubs, and instead are banished to footy forums to pretend that the clubs they choose to barrack for are better than they really are.

I don’t think Sam needs us to worry on that score somehow. Key part of a threepeat which we now see took extreme mental toughness and sacrifice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I guess that is a trap that is hard to fall into when you support Gold Coast.

Hawthorn easily beat the form team of the competition the week before, then played a previously Humiliated Port (the side who finished second on the ladder) on their home deck, and lost by 3 points. Only a deadshit Hawthorn hater would call this 'dismantled.

Now that Hawthorn have been exposed as thin skinned sooks. I'd expect every team will be bringing the niggle and sledging against them next year.

Hinkley is the thin skinned sook. Sooked all week amongst his players over Ginni's insta post. Sooked after the game to Ginni, showing how hurt he'd been by "see u in 14 days".

If Port loose this weekend, how much of it is down to the massive distraction caused by his post-win taunting of the losing side? Coaches usually talk about minimising the distractions during the finals series in order to focus on the matter of winning their next game. Port have been in the media all week for all the wrong reasons, will it unfocus them come the prelim? I hope so.

Now that Hawthorn have been exposed as thin skinned sooks. I'd expect every team will be bringing the niggle and sledging against them next year.
Sicily can't control himself so targeting him will always make sense to milk some frees and 50m penalties.
Maybe Collingwood will be able to get within 10 goals of us next year.

I’ve been telling everyone since I’ve been on this site Hawthorn have the softest fans in the league by a significant margin and it is being exposed again.
The club is successful, the fans can’t deal with tough times so take the easy way out. They are soft, they had completely disappeared in the past few years so of course they can’t take it. They almost completely lost their club in a merger.

Their membership will sky rocket next year though as they sniff success again.
There are not many hawk fans over the age of 50.

I’ve been telling everyone since I’ve been on this site Hawthorn have the softest fans in the league by a significant margin and it is being exposed again.
The club is successful, the fans can’t deal with tough times so take the easy way out. They are soft, they had completely disappeared in the past few years so of course they can’t take it. They almost completely lost their club in a merger.

Hang on what?
There are heaps over 50

Before certain BF members put up posts I’m sure they don’t check or know whether they’re in ‘AFL - Australian Foolball League’ or ‘Bay 13’!

Yeah, our support has dropped off so badly that we’ve continually broken our membership record for something like 13 of the last 15 years.

It was a decent and typical whiskers rant though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Back