Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

• Yes

Votes: 91 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 53 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing thread.

Mental fragility? 2 30+ year olds, Sicily and a bunch of kids were the best in the comp since round 8, win a final and are a post away from another.

That's mental fragility? Really?

Didn't take long for them to be back living rent free in half the league again!

Thanks op.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I’ve been telling everyone since I’ve been on this site Hawthorn have the softest fans in the league by a significant margin and it is being exposed again.
The club is successful, the fans can’t deal with tough times so take the easy way out. They are soft, they had completely disappeared in the past few years so of course they can’t take it. They almost completely lost their club in a merger.

Their membership will sky rocket next year though as they sniff success again.
There are not many hawk fans over the age of 50.
What a sook. That was about as offensive as a Rhys Stanley set shot.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I’ve been telling everyone since I’ve been on this site Hawthorn have the softest fans in the league by a significant margin and it is being exposed again.
The club is successful, the fans can’t deal with tough times so take the easy way out. They are soft, they had completely disappeared in the past few years so of course they can’t take it. They almost completely lost their club in a merger.

Their membership will sky rocket next year though as they sniff success again.
There are not many hawk fans over the age of 50.

Half of our board eat dinner at 4:30pm.

I've heard Strapping Young Lad blends his food.

Nahh mate not unbeatable but definitely in the heads of other supporters like ureself. I can't wait for another few years of free kick Hawthorn u know its coming and I am looking forward to it
Nope... 2013 grand final and 2015 preliminary final are past me.

It's 2024 and felt like an eternity.

Glad how this finals series turned out. 2 non Vic sides in a grand final.

Nope... 2013 grand final and 2015 preliminary final are past me.

It's 2024 and felt like an eternity.

Glad how this finals series turned out. 2 non Vic sides in a grand final.
I don't think hawthorn fans care about non Vic sides winning I think quite a few may even be riding brissie cos of the connection. This Vic vs interstate doesn't concern most hawthorn s upporters unless u think some how it does?

Two relocated sides, who have 4 flags between them since
Ummm if were talking about the relocated sides of Brisbane and Sydney, it's actually 5 since 2000. Brisbane got a 3 peats in 2001-3. Lost a grand final in 2004 and 2023.

Swans have won a flag in 2005 and 2012. Lost grand finals in 2006, 2014, 2016 and 2022. Yeah they also lost one in 1996, but that was before the current final 8 system of 2000 onwards .

I don't think hawthorn fans care about non Vic sides winning I think quite a few may even be riding brissie cos of the connection. This Vic vs interstate doesn't concern most hawthorn s upporters unless u think some how it does?
Well since you are a hawks fan. I didn't think you cared about the cats vs Brisbane prelim final.

Actually... You possibly do. As a hawks fan, being rivals with the cats, I assumed you are happy the cats lost?

As for my personal view. I didn't care who won between Port and Sydney. I just wanted at least one non Vic side in the grand final.

As for the other preliminary final. I didn't care who won.... Well either way It made it interesting.

Had the cats won, I would of loaded up on the cats for the flag. They would of repeated what they did in the 2022 grand final.

Glad Brisbane won. Got a lot of respect for the Brisbane 2001-04 side.

Also 1st time since 2006 we have both spots taken by the non Vic sides.

I mean once again the fact it's two non Vic sides doesn't bother me. The fact of the matter is that there are more Vic sides than interstate. However the reality is the premierships have been shared by a few. It's the clubs that are run better than others or had a good run. It's the competition. Hopefully the comp will be more even but I am doubtfully as some clubs just better run than others.

Ppl may laugh at the culture of a club but it's hard to make an argument against the success these clubs had be it Geelong or hawthorn or Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Did Hawthorn just expose a mental fragility?

Back