DISGRACEFUL treatment of Afl Members

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, and to add to the misery of being an AFL member, they charge us $16 this week, now cmon, it should be free.

Who cares that club members have to pay $111 for a premium seat, we should get our seats for free.:p:p:p:p:p

By the way, I ****ING LOVE MY AFL MEMBERSHIP.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh, and to add to the misery of being an AFL member, they charge us $16 this week, now cmon, it should be free.

Who cares that club members have to pay $111 for a premium seat, we should get our seats for free.:p:p:p:p:p

This actually gives me the tom ****, during the year it's $5 to reserve a seat yet during the finals the exact same process is 3 times as much

The biggest disgrace is that the AFL competes with its clubs for members and membership dollars followed closely by the fact that the AFL allows its members into the GF before the competing clubs get all their members in.

Well you can get it for free, if you risk the chance of walk up still being available on the night. :D

I don't mind all those security checks of cards, etc. My biggest gripe is that they need to renovate the AFL members stand. After visiting the Pondsford stand, the facilites they have are absolutely fantastic compared to the crap dished up on the wing. I suspect the MCC section after their recent transformation a few years back is top class too.

The biggest disgrace is that the AFL competes with its clubs for members and membership dollars followed closely by the fact that the AFL allows its members into the GF before the competing clubs get all their members in.

About $100 of my membership goes to Geelong...... not sure what you on about mate ?

Wasn't the Southern Stand built with money from AFL members? It's easy to whinge about AFL and MCC members but without them the MCG wouldn't be nearly as big or as good as it is.

Well you can get it for free, if you risk the chance of walk up still being available on the night. :D

I don't mind all those security checks of cards, etc. My biggest gripe is that they need to renovate the AFL members stand. After visiting the Pondsford stand, the facilites they have are absolutely fantastic compared to the crap dished up on the wing. I suspect the MCC section after their recent transformation a few years back is top class too.

They are about to spend around $50 Million on refurbishing the Southern Stand, and that way they believe the MCG will be right to go if we get the World Cup in 2018 or 2022.

The seating in all stands isnt much difference, but yes the concourse and amenities in the new stand are far better then the old Southern Stand.

Will hopefully improve after the upgrade.

Oh, and to the person who said AFL members get their tickets before club members on GF day, you are wrong.

Club Members get their tickets through a ballot, and are therefore allocated well before the tickets for AFL members go on sale on the Sunday after the prelim.

And with the AFL members, only the 2 competiting clubs AFL members can but GF tickets on the first day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah apparently you have to pay $275 buck as a joining fee for your first year

...I didn't even have to pay that. Haha. At the time I joined, I worked for a major sponsor of the AFL, and they waived it.

I think the AFL membership is bloody good value, and that is the primary reason I swapped over from club membership.

The way AFL members these days are being treated is nothing short of an absolute joke. A few points I'd like to make.

1. Having to show your ticket to get into level n and p every time you go in and out. As an AFL member, you should have access to these areas even if you don't reserve a seat. You still should be allowed to walk around these areas. It is very annoying having to show your ticket everytime you walk out to have a piss or when you are carrying food back in. If people are going to sit in the wrong sits, people with the right tickets will call the attendants over to sort it out, don't annoy everyone else by overpolicing something.

2. Nazi like attendants. I was standing on level n last night with a couple of people. Some of the guys were being fairly loud, but not swearing or doing anything wrong. An attendant came over and asked us what was going on. Aren't we allowed to stand in the foyer section of n (past the gate, but before the seats) and talk these days.

3. The attendants SNATCH your ticket off you both at the gates when you come in and when you are going to your seats. If you want to see our tickets, ASK. Do not grab them off us rudely.

4. I know a mate who went to the Bulldogs Cats game on his membership card, he showed up and swiped it. He was pulled up because it was a concession and asked to show his concession card. He explained that he didn't have it and that id should be enough because he had to show proof of concession entitlement at the start of the year to get the concession membership. If he shows the id, this is enough. But the moron at the ground couldn't get this. Absolute disgrace.

5. Asking us to bring our memberships to finals. If we reserve a seat with our membership, we shouldn't have to. What about people with guest passes? They don't even have memberships. Work that out? What are they going to do with the people on guest passes.

The standard of service for afl members has got worse every single year. It is about time they started giving us value for money and treating us like humans when we get to the ground. They really need to stop acting like Nazis.

I will be putting my complaint in writing to the afl membership department, I urge anyone who feels the same to do so as well.

END OF RANT.

Don't think any of these issues concern me overly. Have never had an issue with the attendants and having to bring membership cards or show concession cards is no big deal.

Personally there are bigger issues with AFL membership than these eg. the skyrocketing cost to reserve a finals seat (if you want a decent seat you've no choice but to book for most finals) and the exponential rise of a GF seat. I remember the days when a GF seat was free!!

The MCC is a real club that actually looks after its Members. The AFL "Members" is just another cashcow for the AFL. They dont give a rats about anything other than income.

If us AFL members aren't looked after, how come I've been able to go to four finals over the past fortnight for around $50 all up?

How come I'm able to keep my reserved seat at Skilled Stadium?

You can go to both.

How long does it take to get to gold?

could be longer if you joined now. I first joined in 96 and only got full membership in 2004. I'd suspect if you joined now the wait would be longer. Still fantastic though, the only diff between silver and full is prelim and gf.

Great that you can always get access to the gf, I've only missed once in the last 5 years and that was because i gave the ticket to my swans supporting brother in 05.

You're getting entry to a shitload of games, including finals, in the best stadium in the country for 2/5ths of **** all.

You should be on your hands and knees kissing the AFL's arse.

Wouldt go that far. But nah i have had no issues with the afl and i have been an afl member for over 10years.

Remove this Banner Ad

DISGRACEFUL treatment of Afl Members

Remove this Banner Ad

Back