Div 1 - NFL Tipping Comp 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Panther, Arsenal
OK, I am back for the keenly anticipated 2012 season.

This is the third year I have run this and I am happy to do it again. We had a fair few people ready and willing last season. There are no prizes other than boasting ability on BigFooty. Happy for some donations....

RULES:

• Tips MUST be in by 1pm game day, NO QUESTIONS. If you fail to have them in you will receive the worst tips MINUS 1.
  • This comp will only involve the Home and Away. We will do something different for finals.
  • Please make you tips VISIBLE ie, mark bold the team you think will win or delete the team you think will lose.
  • Please do NOT quote other peoples tips!!!!! Click on the Quick button not Quote button. (there will be penalties for this)
  • If you miss TWO weeks in a row I will take you off the ladder, not gunna stuff myself around.
  • The idea of this is to also generate conversation so try and add some thoughts on the game, also some random sledging...
  • My game, My rules.....:)
Bundy Rum consumption taken into consideration - I will have the ladder up by late Sunday/Monday.:cool::cool:

That's all I can think off, happy to take suggestions.

Cheers

DC

OK, round 1:

Northcote Park v Whittlesea
Macleod v Montmorency
Eltham v Heidelberg
Lower Plenty v Greensborough
Bundoora v West Preston-Lakeside

Happy Tipping:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Forget it Kickass, you are a shite tipper and will come close to last again....

Good to see a few early tippers, OK for Denny Cranes weekly biased and fairly often incorrect tips and opinions:

Northcote Park v Whittlesea - Under lights the Cougar will be out for an early win. Whittlesea probably had a better season than most expected last year and must build on it, an early scalp is needed but probably not here. Cougars by 30p.

Macleod v Montmorency - If you believe everything we have heard coming out of Para Rd this is their year. A lot of off field work and recruitment indicates they are having one massive crack. Macleod improved last year and know an early win at home is a must. Monty by 24p.

Eltham v Heidelberg - The powerhouse of the NFL have been a bit quite this off-season compared to previous ones, despite that everyone knows they are a team that will be up there and competing in September. The Panther had a disappointing year last year after making finals the previous one. Not much movement in players down at Central park but the younger guys are getting older and experienced. I am going for the upset here Panther by a goal.

Lower Plenty v Greensborough - All noise from the Cave seems not good. Lost players from last year but a club that wins 3 premierships in all grades must have some depth. Greensborough surprised a few early last year and faded late, they wlll want a few big wins to start the year. Slime by 60p.

Bundoora v West Preston-Lakeside - Great game to start the season, Bulls will want to prove that they are going back-to-back and the Roosters will want a big time scalp. This is one that could end up a memorable draw, need to pick one so I am sticking with the home side. Bulls by 3p.

Northcote Park v Whittlesea.. No knowledge on how both teams have faired in the pre season so really just going off last year's form
Macleod v Montmorency Spent some big dough and recruited some big names, i think they will be too strong for Mac.
Eltham v Heidelberg its a geelong vs richmond esk game... Cant see the tigers losing but eltham are capable of pulling something out of the hat, especially down at central infront of a big crowd. Still gunna go with the gut and stay with the tigers.
Lower Plenty v Greensborough Great to see lower up in div 1, a well deserved effort after several years of falling short but i can quickly see a Thomastown 2009 happening to the undermanned bears outfit. Boro comfortably
Bundoora v West Preston-Lakeside Great game to start the year off, Bundoora ofcourse reigning premiers and west who have picked up some gun players and chasing the glory they had in 2010.. Close, exciting game and i think the roosters will have the edge on the bulls.

Good luck to all teams and happy tipping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are my selections for Round 1.

Macleod vs Montmorency Tricky game but the visitors can eck out a win
Eltham vs Heidelberg The old stagers should get over the line
Lower Plenty vs Greensborough Could be a long season for the new boys
Bundoora vs West Preston The flag raisers should get the win
Northcote Park vs Whittlesea The Parkers to start the season on a good light

Monty in a tight one
Heidelberg but not surprised if i am wrong
Greensborough should do it easily
Bundoora in the match of the round
NP should be to strong

Okay, I'm back and in for nthis season again. Good luck to everyone again this year. So here we go:

Round 1.
Macleod vs Montmorency Apparently someone has found a new vein of money underneath the Para Road sand mines
Eltham vs Heidelberg Even with a couple of important pre-season injuries the moneymen still look too strong
Lower Plenty vs Greensborough No love for the loveable, oops lower, Bears from anyone here
Bundoora vs West Preston Think the couple of defections may eventually hurt the Yulong boys
Northcote Park vs Whittlesea Can't see the Eagles turning the lights out on the Cougars

Northcote Park v Whittlesea NP have let games like this slip in the early in seasons past, new coach, new era, or same old NP. We'll wait and see
Macleod v Montmorency With a few big names into the line up for the magpies. Will it make a difference come September? It would be a massive scalp if Macleod could get the points but i believe Mont should get a win first up
Eltham v Heidelberg The young players at Eltham aren't that young anymore and have had decent senior experience under their belt. They need to step up this year and like Macleod have an opportunity to make a statement first up. However I believe there still could be a few tricks left in the old dog yet
Lower Plenty v Greensborough From all reports it could be a long year a head for the bears, although internally they seem confident, which is half the battle. Good luck to the boys but Im feeling the Borough to win comfortably
Bundoora v West Preston-Lakeside Youlong had been a complete bogey ground for the roosters for so long, however the past few seasons have seen a couple of absolute cracking finishes and I believe this will be another. WPL will be hurt by missing Billy Morrison but I still think they will reverse the Round 1 result of 2011, just.

NP , Mont , Panther , Slime , Bulls . Hey DC, now the footy is bsck can you shut up bout your f***ing one good game of golf. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 1 - NFL Tipping Comp 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back