D1 Division 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Dave Robbins (2x VFL Liston Medal, Sandringham B&F, VFL & WAFL Premiership Player... to name a few) will be down at Parkdale tomorrow night joining his mates for season 2011.

The Vultures will be exciting to watch.

I heard Dave Robbins (2x VFL Liston Medal, Sandringham B&F, VFL & WAFL Premiership Player... to name a few) will be down at Parkdale tomorrow night joining his mates for season 2011.

The Vultures will be exciting to watch.

Some of them will have to get changed out on Nepean Hwy - theres going to be 100+ down at Gerry Green for a run!! Gotta love pre-season.......

Too early to be naming teams as premiers (esp in October). Happens every year and 95% of the time its wrong. Werribee did it and finally got it right after naming themselves for the last 8 years.

It is shaping to be a good year though. CY's travelling along ok

Alright its January now, almost February. The Vultures will win it by a mile.............................................................................:thumbsu:

Have the big name recruits trained for Parkdale yet? With all these big names it sounds like they will give Gold Coast a run for their money. But I wont believe it until I see them playing in Round 1.

Have the big name recruits trained for Parkdale yet? With all these big names it sounds like they will give Gold Coast a run for their money. But I wont believe it until I see them playing in Round 1.

Radford - Yes (obviously)
Tregear - Yes
Grant - Yes
Haynes - Yes
Capsalis - Yes
Connely - Yes

Lachlan Oakley, Dave Robbins & Ricky Hayward are meant to be heading down this week

GP, you signed off without letting us know mate.

Obviously like giving us the 'Dad's Army' recruits but keeping low on a rumored big departure.

I'm sure it will come out in the wash soon I suppose.

Ok, I have re-contacted my sources this morning and they state Roachford has gone to Bonbeach for $700 a game.

Not sure if he was Parkies best player but those numbers seem massive.

Don't know much about the kid so hoping Mustang of Not-Going-Places may confirm and if this will put a dent in their optimism for the flag, if it is fact.

Tregear - Who ?
Grant - Who ?
Haynes - Who ?
Capsalis - Who ?
Connely - Who ?

Lachlan Oakley (Who ?), Dave Robbins (okay, heard of him) & Ricky Hayward (Who ?)

Perhaps all clubs should just reel off random names for the hell of it to show the other teams how well we've recruited !

Tregear - 125+ VFL games, VFL premiership, Sandringham Captain
Grant - 80+ VFL games, VFL premiership, Vic Country, Country All Australian
Haynes - 100 + VFL games, 100+WAFL games, 2 VFL Premierships, 4 WAFL Premierships, WAFL B&F
Capsalis - played VFL, Chelsea B&F
Connely - Chelsea Premiership Full Forward

Lachlan Oakley VFL Premiership Player, WAFL League Leading Goal kicker 2005, Essendon listed, Dave Robbins (okay, heard of him) & Ricky Hayward 100+ VFL games, VFL Premiership Player

Haynes - 100 + VFL games, 100+WAFL games, 2 VFL Premierships, 4 WAFL Premierships, WAFL B&F

Lachlan Oakley VFL Premiership Player, WAFL League Leading Goal kicker 2005, Essendon listed, Dave Robbins (okay, heard of him) & Ricky Hayward 100+ VFL games, VFL Premiership Player

So basically the club has recruited a bunch of elite but old ex-Sandy lads who will lift the average age of the senior side well into the 30s.

Classic case of short term gain, long term pain. If I were a local kid just hitting senior footy, why would I sign at Parkdale to play with an elite Superrules outfit?

So basically the club has recruited a bunch of elite but old ex-Sandy lads who will lift the average age of the senior side well into the 30s.

Classic case of short term gain, long term pain. If I were a local kid just hitting senior footy, why would I sign at Parkdale to play with an elite Superrules outfit?

There has been 40+ numbers down at training every night... so it seems the young blokes are just fine with it. They are enjoying the challenge, improving and learning from the older blokes.

Hopefully the club has a good year, which inevitably breeds a competitive environment and brings more players down for future longevity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been 40+ numbers down at training every night... so it seems the young blokes are just fine with it. They are enjoying the challenge, improving and learning from the older blokes.

Hopefully the club has a good year, which inevitably breeds a competitive environment and brings more players down for future longevity.

Fair enough Mustang. I hope it works out well for Parkdale, who we (Werribee) have never faced, but as a fellow suburban club surrounded by numerous suburban clubs capable of luring players away, we can empathize.

Division 1 looks like being very competitive again, I thought NOBs, B-T and Willy were the most capable of improving on last year. Good luck to Parkdale, I hope they enjoy the trip to the CYMs!

Cheers Grum

SO it would appear that these blokes are playing at the lowest level of their careers. I am assuming that they are now also at their lowest level of individual performance and also that their attitude it is fair to say won't not nearly be as high. I am tipping 1/2 these players will be out "injured" each week and just resting little niggles. However, if Parkdale make the four it could be a headache for oppositions.

Ladder

NOBS
Old Geelong
Williamstown
Parkdale
Peninsula
Bulleen Temp
Banyule
Whitefriars
Old Paradians
Old Mentonians

Parkdale - impressive numbers/experience. What would be interesting is the age of these guys? Good on a small ground but slow on a big ground? Good point from Share Da Passion about injuries as it will happen at times and will they have the depth to cover them? They could be a bunch of individuals <insert cliche here> .......

hillary-thumbs.jpg

GOOD FOR YOU

I still have no idea who they are, but their stats read pretty impressively, no question about that. Then again, so did Old Camberwell when they had Rayden Tallis, Rory Hilton, Kent Kingsley, David Loats and one other recently retired AFL player. Got them nowhere though.

Pretty sure it got them a flag a couple of years ago?

Del - I wouldnt be posting pics if I was you. A few here could reply with a better pic associated with your name..... ;)

Sorry Sir

But seriously, this Division is littered with history of players who have come down from playing a higher grade of football and think that they will be able to run around and dominate the grade, even though they are well into their 30s.

Even though their skills may be still up to scratch, the level of service they recieve from their teammates is often the difference between these individuals going out on top or embarrasing themselves

Parkdale would need to improve if they want to be competitive in this division.

history states that sides that come down don't always do that well the following year.

So will be interesting to see how they go.... It will also be interesting to see if they fall!

Parkdale would need to improve if they want to be competitive in this division.

history states that sides that come down don't always do that well the following year.

So will be interesting to see how they go.... It will also be interesting to see if they fall!

You seagulls full yet?
You keep taking all the chips that have been thrown,,
Having said that Mitch Grant has returned to where he began, just bringing some friends with him

You seagulls full yet?
You keep taking all the chips that have been thrown,,
Having said that Mitch Grant has returned to where he began, just bringing some friends with him

I couldn't care less, I won't be watching d1 this year. Just have a read, and see similar stuff from aquinas. Now they arnt watching d1 either!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back