D1 Division 1 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SFL would like us to think so, but everyone from Parkdale denies it. There are rumours around South Melbourne, Albert Park and South Mornington as well but i would be surprised if any jumped ship. On the other side of things Black Rock and Surrey Park to the ammos have popped up again. At least the second would give Chadstone a winnable game

That would stir things up a bit. Go out with a premiership. Not sure how the promotion/relegation would work in this case if Parky do go. 1 up, 1 down?

Both Black Rock & Surrey Park would be stuck in D4 for a while i'd say.

That would stir things up a bit. Go out with a premiership. Not sure how the promotion/relegation would work in this case if Parky do go. 1 up, 1 down?

Both Black Rock & Surrey Park would be stuck in D4 for a while i'd say.

Southern league officials wish that Parkdale would come back to their league but it definitely won't be happening. Also banyule must be really worried after their performance on Saturday and rumour has it they have lodged an investigation with the ammos for one of the best hip and shoulders you will ever see. Considering it was in front of three umpires and nobody from banyule remonstrated with the 2 time vfa league best and FAIREST who delivered it they are wasting everyone's time. Maybe it may bite them on the ar*e if parky put an investigation into how their player ended up with 20 stitches under his eye....maybe they should put more time into working out how to beat nobs and stopping the old grey fox

The SFL would like us to think so, but everyone from Parkdale denies it. There are rumours around South Melbourne, Albert Park and South Mornington as well but i would be surprised if any jumped ship. On the other side of things Black Rock and Surrey Park to the ammos have popped up again. At least the second would give Chadstone a winnable game

I'm on the South Mornington committee and this is the first I have heard of us changing leagues, we got out of the SFL for a reason 5 years ago, complete made up rubbish

Southern league officials wish that Parkdale would come back to their league but it definitely won't be happening. Also banyule must be really worried after their performance on Saturday and rumour has it they have lodged an investigation with the ammos for one of the best hip and shoulders you will ever see. Considering it was in front of three umpires and nobody from banyule remonstrated with the 2 time vfa league best and FAIREST who delivered it they are wasting everyone's time. Maybe it may bite them on the ar*e if parky put an investigation into how their player ended up with 20 stitches under his eye....maybe they should put more time into working out how to beat nobs and stopping the old grey fox

Sure was! It was an absolute bone rattler, one of the hardest hits I have ever seen. I was right behind Robbins(how good was his second half?) and he did deviate off his line a little to hit him but it all appeared fair, as there didn't appear to be any elbows or head high contact. Boy, was it a big hit.

Interestingly, Parky then kicked the next six goals with the cagey veteran Oakley, a real force in the goal square. It was fascinating to see Banyule fold so meekly in the last part of the quarter as it was only 4 points the difference when Robbins delivered the knockout blow(literally!)

Banyule didn't have the greatest body language at 3/4 time and their coach brockwell, spoke really well about what they had to do to win the game, so theri finish was disappoointing. With both their sides having surprising losses, the pressure is on this week.

How the heck can a side that finished 3rd with 6 loses vs a team going through the season undefeated produce the top 2 players and 3 of the top 5 players in the division all on double points?.

No case to answer, ammos had a look before anything was followed through and deemed it fair.

I haven't seen any footage but I was watching from the sidelines and it was spectacular! Clean hit, straight down the middle with no raised elbow or shoulder to the head. It was beautiful! The force of the hit alone was astounding but it did lead to Braddy(?) hitting the ground fairly awkwardly.

There was no remonstration on the ground towards Robbins as there was no visible malice in the bump. I thought at the time that Braddy's courageousness and the sight of him being stretchered off would fire the Banyule boys up but it was in fact the opposite with Parkdale increasing their lead by 4-5 goals.

With NOB's attack on the footy and Banyule stumbling it should make for a cracking Preliminary Final!

I haven't seen any footage but I was watching from the sidelines and it was spectacular! Clean hit, straight down the middle with no raised elbow or shoulder to the head. It was beautiful! The force of the hit alone was astounding but it did lead to Braddy(?) hitting the ground fairly awkwardly.

There was no remonstration on the ground towards Robbins as there was no visible malice in the bump. I thought at the time that Braddy's courageousness and the sight of him being stretchered off would fire the Banyule boys up but it was in fact the opposite with Parkdale increasing their lead by 4-5 goals.

With NOB's attack on the footy and Banyule stumbling it should make for a cracking Preliminary Final!

Yes it will be very interesting to watch the preliminary on Saturday as I thought NOBS played exceptionally well. Their eveness across the ground was outstanding. They kicked the ball beautifully to position, marked everything in sight, plenty of hard running and commitment.

Banyule will really have to be on their game to get over the top of them!

Well deserved win on Sunday NOBS.

Should be an absolute ripper game saturday! NOBS skill level and the way they play the bigger ground will trouble Banyule on central reserve. And if reports are correct and Banyule allowed themselves to be bullied out of a win last week, I would expect that they will come out firing and physical sat.

Should be an absolute ripper game saturday! NOBS skill level and the way they play the bigger ground will trouble Banyule on central reserve. And if reports are correct and Banyule allowed themselves to be bullied out of a win last week, I would expect that they will come out firing and physical sat.

Nobs will be ok with the physical stuff. A win this week will finally take the club back up to C section and on the road to the higher grades, after a straight sets exit in under Terry Scanlon in 2008. The Gillon is a fair size ground to play on ever second week

Well, the Bears suffered a surprise loss last week, in both grades actually, and will be keen to bounce back this week in probably one of the season's two pivitol games. But I think that all the efforst during the season may come to nought come 5pm Saturday.

Seniors.
Preliminary Final
Banyule vs North Old Boys

Reserves
Preliminary Final
Banyule vs Whitefriars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, the Bears suffered a surprise loss last week, in both grades actually, and will be keen to bounce back this week in probably one of the season's two pivitol games. But I think that all the efforst during the season may come to nought come 5pm Saturday.

Seniors.
Preliminary Final

Reserves
Preliminary Final
Banyule vs Whitefriars

I'm going to have to disagree.

Seniors

Reserves
Banyule vs Whitefriars

I'm going to have to disagree.

Seniors

Reserves
Banyule vs Whitefriars

I am going to have to disagree with both tips too.

Banyule V NOBS - too much run and carry for the Bears.
Banyule V Whitefriars - the omission of the seniors will help them bulk up stocks.

I am going to have to disagree with both tips too.

Banyule V NOBS - too much run and carry for the Bears.
Banyule V Whitefriars - the omission of the seniors will help them bulk up stocks.

Okay it might have been a month ago but NOBS will need to improve a great deal from the last time these two played. I saw the match and was unimpressed by NOBS

I would expect this match to be a lot closer with Banyule falling just over the line but either way the Grannie against Parkdale looks like being a cracker

Tough selections for both games, got to have faith for the Friars reserves but they may be hurt by losing the seniors if players arent qualified whilst Banyule can pick anyone not playing Seniors

In the seniors, Banyule have been dominant all year and you would expect them to bounce back but NOBS were bloody impressive last week and their second half of the year they have been superb whilst Banyule may have been coasting or the long season taking its toll and then caught off guard in the first final

Be interesting, you have the team who are probably hitting their straps at the right time and may be the last chance for some of them to try and push the side up a couple of grades v the team who has been looking like heading straight up since day 1

Going to tip the Friars to take out the early game but Banyule to salute in the seniors and save their season

More chance of Old Xavs joining the SFL.

Interesting to see that the Parkdale superstar full forward has been appointed coach at the Hampton Hammers in the SFL next year.

Interesting to see how many stay with Rads next year at the Vultures and how many go with Oakley. May be a hard decision considering they are all close mates. Although with Hampton able to pay the decision might not be that hard for the old timers in their last years!!!

Congrats to both teams on making it to the grand final and earning promotion to Premier C. Both have dominated the competition and thoroughly deserve their achievements. Now one will put some icing on their cake.

Senior Grand Final
Parkdale vs Banyule

Reserves Grand Final
Old Geelonng vs Banyule

banyule = biggest chokers since, since since,,,,,, (insert suggestions here please)

Choking.... interesting choice of words.

Parkdale yesterday were amazing, one of the best football sides I have seen in 20 years of ammos.

We are very proud of our performance at Banyule. We have gone from a mediocre d2 side to c grade in the space of 2 years. We are very young and have plenty of upside. Parkdale were too strong, too clean and way too good.

Interesting to see what will happen at Parkdale with Oakley now coaching in the SFL and a lot of others - Haynes, Robbins, Heywood, etc on the wrong side of 30.

Well done to Parkdale and what they have achieved this season and congrats to our boys on an outstanding season. In the end beaten by a far superior side.

Choking.... interesting choice of words.

Parkdale yesterday were amazing, one of the best football sides I have seen in 20 years of ammos.

We are very proud of our performance at Banyule. We have gone from a mediocre d2 side to c grade in the space of 2 years. We are very young and have plenty of upside. Parkdale were too strong, too clean and way too good.

Interesting to see what will happen at Parkdale with Oakley now coaching in the SFL and a lot of others - Haynes, Robbins, Heywood, etc on the wrong side of 30.

Well done to Parkdale and what they have achieved this season and congrats to our boys on an outstanding season. In the end beaten by a far superior side.

Well, when your side does through undefeated, then loses two finals by largish amounts, I reckon choker is fair enough.

I missed the GF yesterday but saw Banyule v Parkdale and also Banyule v NOBS. Going through a season undefeated shouldnt be underestimated, it was a great effort. Perhaps because they were so dominant throughout the season maybe some of the Bears didn't know how to react when they were seriously challenged and faced with the reality of clawing back a deficit and winning a game. In any case they deserve the promotion and should prove to be a tough opponent for many in C grade. Really looking forward to strong Div 1 in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back