DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to know if the talk around Ormond injuries is "straight to the word" or a bit of "smoke and mirrors behind the window". 7 is a lot to deal with. I've said from around the half way point Ormond will be #1 challenger, however it'll be very difficult now. You'd have to think Williamstown really only need to turn up on Saturday if the above is accurate.

If a player is badly injured then a club has every right and should put forward a complaint to the controlling body but the Old Mentonian bloke who was bumped fairly by the Orm bloke was/is fine, the word going around as to the identity of the Old Mentonian bloke taking videos of "incidents" into the VAFA is very interesting in that it was he who did the same to Glen Eira albeit that incident resulted in a blood nose. PM me if you wish to get a clue as to the schoolgirl dobbing clubs in for accidental contact.
The 7 injuries will hurt the orm seniors and also the Reserves as they are long term injuries as I understand.
Looks like Old Mentone have struck again with Bullen Temp gun player Paul Florence up on a charge from the last round against you know who

Black and White, Bedford is ON THE MONEY, My source happens to be the son ( player) of a current committee person and they have 7 certain non starters for this Saturday from last Sunday and it appears that at least 6 have been ruled out for the rest of the finals which impacts the ressies tilt at the flag too. And of course we have the bloke suspended as a result of a girl squeeling at Old Mentonians.

Peninsula Old Boys Football Club seeks expressions of interest for the following positions for the 2014 Season and beyond:
· Senior Coach
· Reserves Coach
· Thirds Coach
· Under 19s Coach
Having played in the finals in 2012, promotion to C-grade in 2013 and the club finishing seventh in its first year in C-grade, the Club is looking to continue the growth. We have a young and enthusiastic list and excellent facilities in our base at The Peninsula School, Mt Eliza.
Applications should be forwarded via mail to: Peninsula Old Boys Football Club, PO Box 361 Mornington 3931 or via email to: pacoghlan@bigpond.com.au Enquiries to Phil Coghlan, President, on 0400 919 598
Closing date for applications is Friday 27 September

Pazza I reckon Sunday may have been even worse. It takes a bit out of the players when it is so windy. Rovers would be happy with the rest without doubt..

Don't forget the Division 1 Medal vote count is on tonight from 8:00pm on 96.5 Inner FM. Who will be named B&F tonight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can we expect to see in the preliminary final on Saturday (regardless of who wins out of Williamstown CYMS and Ormond)-a close contest (1-12 points) or a blowout (10+ goal win)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Heart says Ormond but my head says Willy, Orm are ravaged by injury and suspension to key players, could not have come at a worse time - will not be windy and therefore I reckon Willy will win every quarter by at least 2 goals - Willy by at least 8 goals easily unfortunately.

Whoever wins it will be a reasonably close game. I'd say no more 5-6 goals in it.

If either side gets a run on in the last qtr, the flood gates could open as heads will drop knowing they've missed out on a GF.

I still don't think the injuries are as bad as what Bedford & Perspective are saying, so i'll go with Ormond by 32 points

The Orm side has 3 key position players out plus others and the suspendesions and have got 2 kids that are 16 and 17 playing so you might be right that IF a team gets a run on the flood gates could open up in the last stanza. Kids will run out of puff. The injuries are substantial

Im not sure, but they have played most of the year I would say, But gee they struggled last week at the end apparently but so did many as they conditions would have taken it out of them. It was a tough day to be playing footy anywhere, I was somehwre else not bayside at it was windy there so I could imagine Trevs oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back