D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on each team
Hampton - pretty even across the ground, with a few stars (eg carnovale) particularly on the ball and up forward and move the ball very quickly. If their defence can hold up they will be hard to beat.

Ormond - very strong midfield with Hine and Buckley, Atkins very good down back. Smattering of other very solid players across the ground. Do rely on midfielders to kick goals so Hampton would need to shut those players down to win.

Oakleigh - amazing run to get in. Definitely not as deep as the top 2 across the park, but very good midfield and wings and move the ball in numbers quickly. Generally high scoring but can be scored heavily against. If they get first hands on it and Cloke kicks straight, who knows?

Therry - big bodied contested mids (egglestons) very hard to contain and obviously the bannisters up forward. A lot hinges on if the bannisters play and if they can fire. If they do, they are a sniff, but to do it three weeks in a row might be a stretch?

I don’t rule out Therry and Oakleigh being able to sneak into a GF, but to play three great weeks of finals to win it all, including beating both Hampton and Ormond might be a bridge too far as I don’t think either side has the same depth as the top two. Oakleigh did have a great 2nd half of the year and there’s no certainty in finals. PEGS won from third last year and Willy from fourth a few years back. Ormond have had heartbreak in D1 two of the last three years, Grand Final loss and a straight sets exit, is this the year they turn it around? They’ve done everything they’ve needed to up until this point....Hampton were the best side (but not by much) all year. Hard one to tip.

The two O’s for me this week but, really, who the hell knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game at Bill Lawry today. Was a shootout.. Therry kicked 13.21, missed shot after the siren. 40 out point to draw, goal to win.. failed to make the distance...Threw it all away.. overheard supporters behind the glass at Bill Lawry having a crack at the umpiring, probably wrong team to be blaming.

Anyone at EP yesterday can give anything on what happened with Hampton?

Nice to watch a good game today with no allegiance, less stressful in the tight ones!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

bedford What are your thoughts on the game this weekend? I can't help but feel although Cloke is the best player in the comp, Hampton will be too strong across the field. Have been proven wrong with a few of Oakleigh's midfield and half back line showing a lot this year. They've definitely surprised me. Do you think a bit of Saturday afternoon came with Hampton's inexperience and youth? Ormond have a lot of mature bodies and are very well drilled.

bedford What are your thoughts on the game this weekend? I can't help but feel although Cloke is the best player in the comp, Hampton will be too strong across the field. Have been proven wrong with a few of Oakleigh's midfield and half back line showing a lot this year. They've definitely surprised me. Do you think a bit of Saturday afternoon came with Hampton's inexperience and youth? Ormond have a lot of mature bodies and are very well drilled.
I still think Hampton is the fav this week as they bat deeper than the krushers , but 11 wins out of the last 12 is outstanding form . Depth is the key as Oakleigh don't have much. Looking forward to the match, hopefully raining and shitty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back