Grand final teams?
League best and fairest?
Any interesting things you’ve noticed?
Anything that’s surprised you?
UHS, Kew, Preston, Peninsula
UHS, Kew
Hard to go past Cloke
Poor ground conditions in general, ours has been the worst in a long time
How non-competitive OP and WB have been in general, thought they'd be solid.

I'd be interested to see how they deal with 36 teams in the divisions next year. I reckon they should go 10-10-8-8. How they work it from 10-9-8-9 I don't know.

UHS, Kew, Preston, Peninsula
UHS, Kew
Hard to go past Cloke
Poor ground conditions in general, ours has been the worst in a long time
How non-competitive OP and WB have been in general, thought they'd be solid.

I'd be interested to see how they deal with 36 teams in the divisions next year. I reckon they should go 10-10-8-8. How they work it from 10-9-8-9 I don't know.

What about 12-12-12?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What about 12-12-12?

Means either the season is too long or you don't play everyone twice. 10-10-8-8 means the lower divisions can have longer breaks through the middle of the season when everyone is in Europe

What about get rid of the u23’s and the top end clubs who have 4+ sides enter into div 4 as well. That would be very interesting

Or we can do 10, 10, 8, 8. A reasonable suggestion given that it doesn't include byes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played them 5 times in the last 3 years. All they want to do is fight. The big [not IQ] brothers don't realize that punching to the head can be disastrous. Put one of our kids into the fence for a laugh early round. We still won but crap venue to go to. Supporters are feral and semi pissed. Club culture non existent. Want any more?

THE EYE
DON'T HIT ME!

:mad:
Down at sms yesterday, a senior player out for some weeks with broken ribs due to an incident with an eggleston, if only the games were filmed in all grades!
Was a great contest between sms and oakleigh, great last quarter to watch!

There’s 8 sides in d3 at the moment and they have 2 byes each week, might pay to look at what’s happening in the lower divisions

Because they committed to an 18 round season instead of using a 14 round one.

So your saying that div 3 and 4 should be 14 round seasons?

Yes. Div 3 and 4 always seem to struggle more with European departures more than any other club so they can take a few more byes but also finish up earlier than everyone else.

Yes. Div 3 and 4 always seem to struggle more with European departures more than any other club so they can take a few more byes but also finish up earlier than everyone else.

What makes you say that? Do you have any facts to prove this? I understand that your up and about after beating Oakleigh yesterday on a day with horrible conditions that may have played into your hands but finals are generally played on big grounds with good conditions which may not suit you.. ammo footy is a great thing.. before you know it you may be down having a 14 game season, but you’d be all for that

What makes you say that? Do you have any facts to prove this? I understand that your up and about after beating Oakleigh yesterday on a day with horrible conditions that may have played into your hands but finals are generally played on big grounds with good conditions which may not suit you.. ammo footy is a great thing.. before you know it you may be down having a 14 game season, but you’d be all for that

In a D4 reserves game yesterday there were over a dozen players for both sides with >3 games for both sides, suggesting that they're struggling for numbers. Literally the first game I clicked on. Another one had a team with only 17 players. Another with 20 vs 21. A D3 reserves side had 19.

And what does our win yesterday have to do with that? We're an outside chance of finals still. A 14 round season makes sense for the lower grades.

In a D4 reserves game yesterday there were over a dozen players for both sides with >3 games for both sides, suggesting that they're struggling for numbers. Literally the first game I clicked on. Another one had a team with only 17 players. Another with 20 vs 21. A D3 reserves side had 19.

And what does our win yesterday have to do with that? We're an outside chance of finals still. A 14 round season makes sense for the lower grades.

Legend, in the grand scheme you are in the lower grade

Legend, in the grand scheme you are in the lower grade

We're in D1 and an outside chance of making finals. Still have a core of around 24/25. We're not going down to D2 this year, and in the grand scheme of things we have 3 mens teams with a chance at finals.

We're in D1 and an outside chance of making finals. Still have a core of around 24/25. We're not going down to D2 this year, and in the grand scheme of things we have 3 mens teams with a chance at finals.
So you’ll float around and have no success with no serious sustainability, I understand this all to well

Down at sms yesterday, a senior player out for some weeks with broken ribs due to an incident with an eggleston, if only the games were filmed in all grades!
Was a great contest between sms and oakleigh, great last quarter to watch!

The brothers at Therry are a throw back to the 80s. As I said we are unlucky enough to have played them regularly. Bar runs the entire day and it is a sorry excuse for a club. They won't be able to understand this post because they are inside it! Haven't moved on from paying players and to use grog money to fund it. As I said in the early round big boy deliberately put a youngster into the fence with no remorse. Clubs in general like a hard and fair game. Brothers are expert in behind the play and umpire blindside attacks.

THE SAD EYE

:(

So you’ll float around and have no success with no serious sustainability, I understand this all to well

Hmm, this group has had three senior grand finals, a couple of reserves flags, an under 19's flag and a genuine chance at a thirds flag. Keep your crying to yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back