D1 Division 1 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically
- Kew Knew the ground could be a issue during the week But waited for council
- kew didnt contact the Vafa regarding their concerns surely Vafa could've nudged the council a little bit to help out
- Vafa found out on the day of the game that there was a problem
- Kew was offered to play the Game at Preston but refused after the Vafa approved a ground swap
- Top ground is not up to Vafa Regulations , but Prestons ground is **** ME LOL

if you take all this is into consideration if I was Preston I would be claiming the points
Unbeliveable that a winter sport got called off due to MUD !
Even more to the point that Kew had options and from all reports wanted to go home in front of the open fire and drink Tea !

Easy decision for the VAFA here no questions
4 points Bullants

There has been games called off in other grades over the years & catch up games been made to play midweek at night.

Let me play devils advocate for a minute, force the clubs to come up with an option or no points for either. They both choose not to play they both can help find a resolution. Or just do the sensible thing & play this saturday but thats very boring for this forum & the attack on Kew for the last 24 hours

There has been games called off in other grades over the years & catch up games been made to play midweek at night.

Let me play devils advocate for a minute, force the clubs to come up with an option or no points for either. They both choose not to play they both can help find a resolution. Or just do the sensible thing & play this saturday but thats very boring for this forum & the attack on Kew for the last 24 hours

Only problem, where would they play

Only problem, where would they play

I very very much enjoy your sarcasm, however Vic park (if rolled) ;) ,elsternwick, stadbroke park? only up the road & i think kew rovers slightly aligned????

but force the hand of the 2 clubs to think outside the square & make it happen dont just say "all too hard" thats a horse i lost a lot of money on

So basically
- Kew Knew the ground could be a issue during the week But waited for council
- kew didnt contact the Vafa regarding their concerns surely Vafa could've nudged the council a little bit to help out
- Vafa found out on the day of the game that there was a problem
- Kew was offered to play the Game at Preston but refused after the Vafa approved a ground swap
- Top ground is not up to Vafa Regulations , but Prestons ground is **** ME LOL

if you take all this is into consideration if I was Preston I would be claiming the points
Unbeliveable that a winter sport got called off due to MUD !
Even more to the point that Kew had options and from all reports wanted to go home in front of the open fire and drink Tea !

Easy decision for the VAFA here no questions
4 points Bullants

So basically
- you have no idea what actually happened
- don’t know how administration works
- don’t know how the vafa works

If you take all this into consideration it’s blatantly obvious you should keep your opinion to yourself for the sake of not embarrassing yourself.

That’s not how the world or the vafa works. It was NEVER approved to be at Preston. Not even for a second. Had it been raised on the Friday, the vafa still wouldn’t have approved it because of the bureaucratic fallacy they play out week in, week out.

If you don’t know the facts, don’t claim you do.

I very very much enjoy your sarcasm, however Vic park (if rolled) ;) ,elsternwick, stadbroke park? only up the road & i think kew rovers slightly aligned????

but force the hand of the 2 clubs to think outside the square & make it happen dont just say "all too hard" thats a horse i lost a lot of money on

Kew merged with north kew some years back. North kew played at straddy. But of course Xavs got stradbroke...🥴

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So UHS go a game clear on top?? ;)

Even if the top oval was smaller, preston offered to play the game at their ground? kew surely could of just done that. barely a 20min drive.

Even if the top oval was smaller, preston offered to play the game at their ground? kew surely could of just done that. barely a 20min drive.
Have you walked across the top oval at Kew, pepperpete99?? FFS, you blokes have got to get the facts before spouting crap.
A 20 min. drive? Spare me!

I get really despondent at times with our so-called illustrious members and their comments. Talk about a shark feeding frenzy!!
FFS, please sit back and absorb situation and facts. Regardless of the the state of the ground or the size of boundary fence or the colour of pavilion, the VAFA will inevitably cast their decision. We'll hear it in due course. Meantime, back off with the martian speculations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get really despondent at times with our so-called illustrious members and their comments. Talk about a shark feeding frenzy!!
FFS, please sit back and absorb situation and facts. Regardless of the the state of the ground or the size of boundary fence or the colour of pavilion, the VAFA will inevitably cast their decision. We'll hear it in due course. Meantime, back off with the martian speculations.

Speaking of which, when will the VAFA come to a decision?

So basically
- you have no idea what actually happened
- don’t know how administration works
- don’t know how the vafa works

If you take all this into consideration it’s blatantly obvious you should keep your opinion to yourself for the sake of not embarrassing yourself.

That’s not how the world or the vafa works. It was NEVER approved to be at Preston. Not even for a second. Had it been raised on the Friday, the vafa still wouldn’t have approved it because of the bureaucratic fallacy they play out week in, week out.

If you don’t know the facts, don’t claim you do.

You re right
I dont know how Vafa works or their administration

But I do know 1 FACT

Kew didnt want to play PLAIN & SIMPLE
Any administration can come to the conclusion !

NO one has embarrassed them selves except who ever at kew made the decision not to play !
#runforthehills #Itstoomuddy

You re right

But I do know 1 FACT

NO one has embarrassed them selves except who ever at kew made the decision not to play !

I find it hard to believe that (at the time) the first placed 8-2 Kew, wouldn't want to play against the 6-4 Preston (who by going off the VAFA website, accounted for quite easily last time they played). I do however, find it easy to believe that a Preston supporter would come onto BF after a year in the shadows to take pot shots at a club, without all the facts coming to light. Unless you were there on the day, I believe, like the rest of us, you should wait and see what the league has to say after they hear both sides of the story.

I find it hard to believe that (at the time) the first placed 8-2 Kew, wouldn't want to play against the 6-4 Preston (who by going off the VAFA website, accounted for quite easily last time they played). I do however, find it easy to believe that a Preston supporter would come onto BF after a year in the shadows to take pot shots at a club, without all the facts coming to light. Unless you were there on the day, I believe, like the rest of us, you should wait and see what the league has to say after they hear both sides of the story.

I find it very strange also why they wouldnt want to play
BUT !

There were plenty of options to have the game played ?
None of them were taken up

Cant get away from the fact that smacked the Bullants last time which makes it even more puzzling !

You re right

But I do know 1 FACT

Bit precious... Ross Gregory Oval gets muddy.. but we play

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back