D1 Division 1 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been over 40 years since Uhs-Vu (then uhsob) were in the lofty heights of d grade, we were mid slide from a grade to d4. Looking most forward to the royal park clash with West Brunswick again & maybe the weekend away down on the Peninsula.

Go Vultures

2018 is done and dusted, let the 2019 discussion begin.

Penninsula
St. Marys
Oakleigh
Therry Penola
Prahran Assumption
Preston
West Brunswick
Kew
UHS-VU
Old Paradians

Agree with above RE Waters from Kew but so be it. Also thought M.Hine from Ormond and B.Simpsons from West Brunswick very unlucky from the games I saw. J.Lever???? Also would've thought the premiership coach would be COTY.

Makes it hard when the scribe doesn't see any of the games and relies on the TiB on the website - which can be skewed when clubs play fuddy-duddies. Do any of the clubs have contact with the scribe?

I would be in favor of the coaches picking the side.

Agree with above RE Waters from Kew but so be it. Also thought M.Hine from Ormond and B.Simpsons from West Brunswick very unlucky from the games I saw. J.Lever???? Also would've thought the premiership coach would be COTY.

Makes it hard when the scribe doesn't see any of the games and relies on the TiB on the website - which can be skewed when clubs play fuddy-duddies. Do any of the clubs have contact with the scribe?

Or better still, have the coaches nominate up to 5 players from their own team and then hand the nominations over to the VAFA State selectors, who will pick the team as if they are to play a match. The coach of the team of the year should be the premiership coach of that section.

M.Hine was nominated by the coach after the 2nd semi as the clubs are asked to nominate players , but for some strange reason they put Lever in.

M.Hine was nominated by the coach after the 2nd semi as the clubs are asked to nominate players , but for some strange reason they put Lever in.

Maybe as consolation for leaving the other Lever (Ash) out!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see Peninsula lose VFL listed star James Fletcher to MPNFL club Red Hill. Would Richmond have said he needed to go now the pirates see themselves in D1?

Any off season recruits?

I'd say every club would be doing a lot of work but you can never be sure of recruits at this time of year. Without the luxury of contracting players that paid leagues have there's always a chance guys will train during pre-season but then decide to play for cash or not come across - very hard to set anything in stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back