D1 Division 1 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You don't deserve the extra airspace vafaeye but I'll happily go into bat for my club without hiding behind an alias.
Therry's club culture non-existent?
How about getting 400 people to Etihad Stadium for the Ricky Bannister Recover and Rebuild fundraiser in 2013 after he became a quadriplegic?
Or the annual Ricky Bannister Cup against Yarrawonga every March that raises funds for varying causes?
Or hosting 300 people for the Mick 'Chief' Petrevski Cup in 2016 to raise funds for our life member who was suffering ill health?
Go through our senior and reserves playing lists, there'll be more father-son players and brothers at our club than any other club in Division 1. That's culture. There'd also be more players with 150+ games to their name because players don't want to leave when they come to us.
Our playing list is built solely on family connections and word of mouth, with 80 per cent of our players coming through our under-19 system.
How about our culture in women's footy? One of the inaugural teams in 2017, now top of the ladder because the girls love the club and have worked hard on their game over the last three seasons.
Paying players? What players? And with what money? Whatever money comes in goes back into supporting the players.
How you're given a chance to peddle your agenda, only the administrators can answer.
Damien Ractliffe, member at Therry Penola.

Played them 5 times in the last 3 years. All they want to do is fight. The big [not IQ] brothers don't realize that punching to the head can be disastrous. Put one of our kids into the fence for a laugh early round. We still won but crap venue to go to. Supporters are feral and semi pissed. Club culture non existent. Want any more?

THE EYE
DON'T HIT ME!

:mad:
The brothers at Therry are a throw back to the 80s. As I said we are unlucky enough to have played them regularly. Bar runs the entire day and it is a sorry excuse for a club. They won't be able to understand this post because they are inside it! Haven't moved on from paying players and to use grog money to fund it. As I said in the early round big boy deliberately put a youngster into the fence with no remorse. Clubs in general like a hard and fair game. Brothers are expert in behind the play and umpire blindside attacks.

THE SAD EYE

:(

You don't deserve the extra airspace vafaeye but I'll happily go into bat for my club without hiding behind an alias.
Therry's club culture non-existent?
How about getting 400 people to Etihad Stadium for the Ricky Bannister Recover and Rebuild fundraiser in 2013 after he became a quadriplegic?
Or the annual Ricky Bannister Cup against Yarrawonga every March that raises funds for varying causes?
Or hosting 300 people for the Mick 'Chief' Petrevski Cup in 2016 to raise funds for our life member who was suffering ill health?
Go through our senior and reserves playing lists, there'll be more father-son players and brothers at our club than any other club in Division 1. That's culture. There'd also be more players with 150+ games to their name because players don't want to leave when they come to us.
Our playing list is built solely on family connections and word of mouth, with 80 per cent of our players coming through our under-19 system.
How about our culture in women's footy? One of the inaugural teams in 2017, now top of the ladder because the girls love the club and have worked hard on their game over the last three seasons.
Paying players? What players? And with what money? Whatever money comes in goes back into supporting the players.
How you're given a chance to peddle your agenda, only the administrators can answer.
Damien Ractliffe, member at Therry Penola.

Think possibly Eyeball and Hesslop and Clotheshorse and Sipper and Fun Island are talking about on the field culture [mentions of reserves as well]. Multiple mentions of drunk supporters and snipping. Don't think it is a conspiracy between them all?
Off the field money raising is admirable but not what the issue is. They did say that you would not be able to see it because you are in it. This is often a problem of self perception of not being what others see. Paying surely not?

Oh what fun it is to ride .........

Pretty comfortable that 'sniping' is a misconception and our record at the tribunal would validate that, while the 'drunk supporters' suggestion has no merit at all. Occasionally the ressies boys get behind the goals and might get stuck into a defender, but wouldn't be much different around the country. Maybe players feel intimidated by our crowd because we get more spectators to our games than most clubs, home or away.

On the field, we play the game hard. Lots of clubs don't like coming to Oak Park, heck there are days where we hate the conditions too, but we take advantage of them because we're comfortable there. Reserves in the same boat. At this level of footy, you do what works for you and stay in your lane and that's our brand. Unless they want to name specific incidents and put them up for MRP scrutiny, they're simply taking weak pot shots from behind a keyboard.

Damien Ractliffe.

Think possibly Eyeball and Hesslop and Clotheshorse and Sipper and Fun Island are talking about on the field culture [mentions of reserves as well]. Multiple mentions of drunk supporters and snipping. Don't think it is a conspiracy between them all?
Off the field money raising is admirable but not what the issue is. They did say that you would not be able to see it because you are in it. This is often a problem of self perception of not being what others see. Paying surely not?

Oh what fun it is to ride .........

Finals teams? UHS, Kew, Preston and Therry
Grand final teams? Kew UHS
League best and fairest? Tight race this year, Cloke or Calcedo's or even Falcone
Any interesting things you’ve noticed? Feel as though this year it is pretty high standard and even across the comp minus Op and WB , Therry are still snipers which is no suprise.
Anything that’s surprised you? UHS took the div by storm as well as Kew bouncing back from last year, thought preston would be lower on the ladder after a rough start but now looking at finals

Huge games this week with Oakleigh vs Kew & Therry vs SMS, and with kew and UHS having a relatively tough run home , Does anyone think Kew and UHS can be knocked off top spot? Therry look the goods.

Huge games this week with Oakleigh vs Kew & Therry vs SMS, and with kew and UHS having a relatively tough run home , Does anyone think Kew and UHS can be knocked off top spot? Therry look the goods.
Peninsula vs SMS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peninsula vs SMS
West Brunswick vs UHS
Prahran vs Therry
Oakleigh vs Kew
Preston
vs Old Paradians

dont change a winning formula

Pirates ship to set sail towards september
uhs in the battle of royal park
therry even if not in the octagon
kew to krush oakleigh
preston as the ants got marching 22 by 22

Finals teams? UHS, Kew, Preston and Therry
Grand final teams? Kew UHS
League best and fairest? Tight race this year, Cloke or Calcedo's or even Falcone
Any interesting things you’ve noticed? Feel as though this year it is pretty high standard and even across the comp minus Op and WB , Therry are still snipers which is no suprise.
Anything that’s surprised you? UHS took the div by storm as well as Kew bouncing back from last year, thought preston would be lower on the ladder after a rough start but now looking at finals

Preston pretty surprising to me too, considering we all basically had them 9-10th
I thought Parade would be a lot more competitive, and that Peninsula would be Top 2
Therry has done well
Thought Prahan would be more in the hunt for 4th
Has been an incredibly even year, a couple of deserving teams look like they'll miss

Uhsand Kew looking pretty certain as 1 and 2. I,m looking forward to Uhs vs Therry at Berns. Therry wo’t be as brave at an away ground. Do their supporters bother going to away games???

Uhsand Kew looking pretty certain as 1 and 2. I,m looking forward to Uhs vs Therry at Berns. Therry wo’t be as brave at an away ground. Do their supporters bother going to away games???
There were plenty in Glen Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back