D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the Ivanhoe discussion really interesting.
Quick question to the Chumpmeister, was the move to the NFL discussed last year when the club was sitting 14-0? Or, only recently?
I've seen a few games of Div 3 NFL football as my nephew plays at Mernda and it doesn't look like much fun.
Mounzer - the discussion has been going on for past 5 years or so (especially after 2018) season, but club was broke. Quite a lot has changed since then with VAFA, NFNL and IJFC along with our club in that time.

We were told on Saturday that 'this' process actually started last year and that some on field success wall papered over some risks to club moving forward re player numbers. So off the back of that I suppose that is a 'yes'

Chump 🏆

Mounzer - the discussion has been going on for past 5 years or so (especially after 2018) season, but club was broke. Quite a lot has changed since then with VAFA, NFNL and IJFC along with our club in that time.

We were told on Saturday that 'this' process actually started last year and that some on field success wall papered over some risks to club moving forward re player numbers. So off the back of that I suppose that is a 'yes'

Chump 🏆
Thanks mate.

UHS-Vu v Prahran - should be a cracking game between to very good teams. I think the two blues are starting to get some players back and finding the mix they want heading into the tail end of the season. will get the away win.

Therry v Ivanhoe - Therry had an outstanding win last week and would be 1.01 this week to knock off the Hoers even after a good win last week from our boys. I think we be competitive, but you would expect the current form/greater talent of TP to get this important game done for them.

West v GE - shock loss for the ladder leaders last week and I am sure they will be very keen to get back on the winner list. That said, any game at West is hard to win as they play the ground so well it's worth several goal. I think GE will bounce back though and get the 'W'.

Kew v OP - Whilst both have a mathematical chance of still playing finals I would suggest they are very long odds at this stage of the game. The best of OP matches it with anyone, but inconsistency - due to player availability/injuries - has hurt big time. Kew find themselves in a similar position, due to similar reasons and would be VERY disappointed to be sitting well off the pace at this stage of the year. Kew, just .... as it at home.

Preston v Oakleigh - the Bullants will challenge at home, but a win here for the big bodied boys from the Krushes will almost certainly lock them away the double chance come finals time. And that is going to be VERY important in a very even contest across the top 5 sides vying for those final 4 spots. Krushers to win.

Good luck all, no injuries, Chump :trophy:

I find the Ivanhoe discussion really interesting.
Quick question to the Chumpmeister, was the move to the NFL discussed last year when the club was sitting 14-0? Or, only recently?
I've seen a few games of Div 3 NFL football as my nephew plays at Mernda and it doesn't look like much fun.
Building a premiership list and getting decimated to several well funded neighboring clubs, and a marquee player denied a kick of the footy with us due to an outrageous hypocritical decision by the amateur hierarchy is far less fun I can assure you.
I’d rather play in a competition that treats all its member clubs as equal as opposed to the one it’s currently in.

Building a premiership list and getting decimated to several well funded neighboring clubs, and a marquee player denied a kick of the footy with us due to an outrageous hypocritical decision by the amateur hierarchy is far less fun I can assure you.
I’d rather play in a competition that treats all its member clubs as equal as opposed to the one it’s currently in.
Could not agree more biggie. I get the feeling the horse may have well and truely.....

Shame, but if the past can't help the future then you need to move on. IMO.

Chump 🏆

Thank goodness the players are returning after last week's loss. Today GE seniors, reserves and under 19A won. The thirds and girls lost.
Spare me Strobler. A bruise free win today for the seniors over a bang average opposition and it’s thank god our players are back! Must’ve been a really tough time being able to fill about 7 sides every week with all those unavailabilities. Look forward to seeing you in the D1 thread again next year when GE absolutely shirk the big stage

Spare me Strobler. A bruise free win today for the seniors over a bang average opposition and it’s thank god our players are back! Must’ve been a really tough time being able to fill about 7 sides every week with all those unavailabilities. Look forward to seeing you in the D1 thread again next year when GE absolutely shirk the big stage
There is a special thread for GE haters like you. Please use it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm told from a reliable source from the Combine that the pies at West Brunswick are $8 , what a disgrace
Yes, the pies were $8, all show and no go. In fact, the canteen was not far off being a disgrace, extremely limited food and drinks. Had trouble at 1/2 time paying cash with a $10 note for a drink.

Yes, the pies were $8, all show and no go. In fact, the canteen was not far off being a disgrace, extremely limited food and drinks. Had trouble at 1/2 time paying cash with a $10 note for a drink.
Most are now $5 for them as well as the same for a hot dog , must be don skinless !

Could say the same about the garbage you post. Take it to the thread for the snobs of the world you mug

Therry Penola have the best hotdogs I’ve ever had in a local footy club canteen! Delicious

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I did say I thought their pies were the best. Most now have reasonable coffee and not cheap instant.

$8 ! NOT ON . Surely you really don't think you're the only club with injuries and overseas travels !
Whilst I'm not saying some prices mentioned on here are right or wrong, some of the challenges facing clubs are now having to pay roles that were previously volunteered. If you factor in $20-$30 an hour for canteen / bar then something has to happen with prices.

Chump 🏆

Whilst I'm not saying some prices mentioned on here are right or wrong, some of the challenges facing clubs are now having to pay roles that were previously volunteered. If you factor in $20-$30 an hour for canteen / bar then something has to happen with prices.

Chump 🏆
Not that much Chump

No, I would agree that would be excessive IF correct. Just thought I'd add a little financial balance to the conversation.

Chump 🏆

P.S please PM me if anyone needs any accounting services .... IAFC gets a 5 % clip 😊
How much should a can be , we charge $6

Remove this Banner Ad

D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back