D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Big game today where Therry came to play and won by under a goal. Great effort. Had the full works today with 7 umpires. Res, under 19 A and girls had wins. Seniors were nearly 6 goals down last quarter and nearly pinched it.
Reports on the 3 umps ? hearing the old one was shitenhousen

Care to elaborate?
Not here. It has nothing to do with VAFA or football.

Discussion:

Cheeky dig for my vote on Ivanhoe FC leaving vafa
I know mate.
Interested in your rationale though. Certainly not a good year this year but I would think you can consolidate and rebuild again in VAFA. In the NFNL, your side will have the added pressure of finding player payments.

I know mate.
Interested in your rationale though. Certainly not a good year this year but I would think you can consolidate and rebuild again in VAFA. In the NFNL, your side will have the added pressure of finding player payments.
Or added opportunity to recruit via that method? Dependant on how you look at things. We were told yesterday the bank balance is now in good order.

There have been several reasons articulated over the past weeks on the challenges facing the club that have lead to this option being considered.

If we have a hard/honest look at things we have had 4 good years in 27 since landing in the divisions and with the changes happening in the VAFA, professional leagues and our juniors during that same time line this is more than consolidation and rebuild. This is about the best chance of survival.

The more I have been told, the more I think it is an option to explore.

Chump 🏆

Last edited:
Or added opportunity to recruit via that method? Dependant on how you look at things. We were told yesterday the bank balance is now in good order.

There have been several reasons articulated over the past weeks on the challenges facing the club that have lead to this option being considered.

If we have a hard/honest look at things we have had 4 good years in 27 since landing in the divisions and with the changes happening in the VAFA, professional leagues and our juniors during that same time line this is more than consolidation and rebuild. This is about the best chance of survival.

The more I have been told, the more I think it is an option to explore.

Chump 🏆
Whichever direction the vote goes, Good Luck!

And in 5 years, most of the current crop of players will have moved on: the new younger troops will be left with the result, whether NFL or VAFA, whether positive or negative.

I question the wisdom of current players with minimal club history voting on such an important matter.

Whichever direction the vote goes, Good Luck!

And in 5 years, most of the current crop of players will have moved on: the new younger troops will be left with the result, whether NFL or VAFA, whether positive or negative.

I question the wisdom of current players with minimal club history voting on such an important matter.
Thanks Seaside and it will be interesting to see what happens in the end.

I tend to agree that some sort of minimum years of service could be prudent for clubs to have in their constitution at times like this. That said, I also question the understanding of life members who may not have been involved at the club in 20 years. Whilst there is no doubting thier years of service validates their right, it is more about a 'current' understanding than an emotional historical attachment.

I really don't know what is right or wrong with the above mentioned examples, but one final way of looking at it could be ....... are the current crop/youngsters the ones who are BEST placed to determine and drive towards the future, rather than those of the past?

Chump🏆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also have a major sponsor lurking in the background perhaps with some extra funds available to use if the move occurs , something they haven't/ couldn't use with the existing amateur status.
Ivanhoe will find dollars to cover payments albeit for div 3 NFL I doubt they will be that high anyway

Thanks Seaside and it will be interesting to see what happens in the end.

I tend to agree that some sort of minimum years of service could be prudent for clubs to have in their constitution at times like this. That said, I also question the understanding of life members who may not have been involved at the club in 20 years. Whilst there is no doubting thier years of service validates their right, it is more about a 'current' understanding than an emotional historical attachment.

I really don't know what is right or wrong with the above mentioned examples, but one final way of looking at it could be ....... are the current crop/youngsters the ones who are BEST placed to determine and drive towards the future, rather than those of the past?

Chump🏆
Chumpy Chump, if Ivanhoe players are to be incentivized when they go across to the NFL, does that mean they can slip a legend like you a few dollars to improve you living arrangements down there at Hoe Park?

Also, the biggest loser out of all this is this Div 1 thread! And to new beginnings on Div 3 thread in 2024!
Actually, second biggest loss as you well know the biggest loss is for Ivanhoe moving?

Chumpy Chump, if Ivanhoe players are to be incentivized when they go across to the NFL, does that mean they can slip a legend like you a few dollars to improve you living arrangements down there at Hoe Park?

Also, the biggest loser out of all this is this Div 1 thread! And to new beginnings on Div 3 thread in 2024!
Actually, second biggest loss as you well know the biggest loss is for Ivanhoe moving?

Ha ha ha - no upgrade to the humpy Brainy one. I think that is the last thing on the committees mind right now :) Lets see where it all goes, I am sure we will get another update on Thursday night when we all catch up (Thursday beers) and see how things are progressing.

Do you get paid to post in the NFNL forum??? :cool:

Chump :trophy:

They also have a major sponsor lurking in the background perhaps with some extra funds available to use if the move occurs , something they haven't/ couldn't use with the existing amateur status.
Ivanhoe will find dollars to cover payments albeit for div 3 NFL I doubt they will be that high anyway
Are you saying a business would give more money on the proviso it pays players??
I find that rather strange.

Are you saying a business would give more money on the proviso it pays players??
I find that rather strange.
Well this wouldn't be amateur hour any more would it ?
Of course the club would be forced to chase significant sponsorship to cover match day payments moving ahead.
Example- Marbuilt tip in a significant amount of dollars to Bundoora FC and attract a lot of good VFl footballers.
There are a few largish buildings going up on Bell St currently with ties to IFC I'm sure they will be approached in the not too distant future if the move eventuates.

Of course the club would be forced to chase significant sponsorship to cover match day payments moving ahead.
Example- Marbuilt tip in a significant amount of dollars to Bundoora FC and attract a lot of good VFl footballers.
There are a few largish buildings going up on Bell St currently with ties to IFC I'm sure they will be approached in the not too distant future if the move eventuates.
Has the Club applied for membership of the NFL?
Where does IAFC go should their application be denied?

It's been said previously that they are currently in discussions with the NFNL.
You will find the club is still at consultation level with its players and members and that a club vote is still to take place.

If the constituents gave the go-ahead then a formal application would no doubt be lodged.
If they were denied then they'd remain in the VAFA, but there is one vacancy at present in the NFNL before a 10-10-10 set-up is attained.
Given the club's geography, it would be a win-win situation for both parties.

Last edited:
I get that.
But, the post was saying that a sponsor was likely to give more cash to the club once they start paying players???
Marbuilt aren't sponsoring Bundoora because they pay players. They are sponsoring to give back and build their brand in the local community.
What has stopped the club approaching those companies on Bell St till now??

I get that.
But, the post was saying that a sponsor was likely to give more cash to the club once they start paying players???
Marbuilt aren't sponsoring Bundoora because they pay players. They are sponsoring to give back and build their brand in the local community.
From what I’ve heard, Marbuilt employees quite a few players. I could be wrong.

I get that.
They are a current sponsor of Ivanhoe, we're at Saturdays luncheon and I'm sure they will continue to sponsor the club not matter what competition the club finds itself in.

Chump 🏆

Has the Club applied for membership of the NFL?
Where does IAFC go should their application be denied?
Be highly unlikely they decided to explore the option to join a competition and call an extraordinary meeting without the prior knowledge of the NFNL dontcha think ?!

I find the Ivanhoe discussion really interesting.
Quick question to the Chumpmeister, was the move to the NFL discussed last year when the club was sitting 14-0? Or, only recently?
I've seen a few games of Div 3 NFL football as my nephew plays at Mernda and it doesn't look like much fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

D1 Division 1 - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back