Therry Penola
Eltham OC
La Trobe Uni
Emmaus St Leo's
South Melbourne Districts
St Marys Salesian
Prahran Assumption
Monash Gryphons

Who are the early favoutites? How will the promoted teams go?

Great effort by your mob to reach consecutive Grand Finals with Tricky Dicky at the helm. Especially coming from the Elimination Final. You part of this resurgence Rooster or are you leaving it to the younger blokes?

tips for next year PA will be the stand out and do a double promotion
top 4
Prahran Assumption
Therry Penola
Eltham OC
La Trobe Uni
last 6 and its a toss up between OP BT St leos to just miss out on finals
Old Paradians
Bulleen Templestowe
Emmaus St Leo's
Monash Gryphons
St Marys Salesian

tips for next year PA will be the stand out and do a double promotion
top 4
Prahran Assumption
Therry Penola
Eltham OC
La Trobe Uni
last 6 and its a toss up between OP BT St leos to just miss out on finals
Old Paradians
Bulleen Templestowe
Emmaus St Leo's
Monash Gryphons
St Marys Salesian

wouldn't surprise to see PA do more then a double promotion! wouldn't surprise to see them in Premier C(2014) or B(2015)....

wouldn't surprise to see PA do more then a double promotion! wouldn't surprise to see them in Premier C(2014) or B(2015)....
they'd need to pick up a few more ACK boys before they could do that. Big jump from D2 to C grade...

I haven't had any part in winning games since winning dual 'Coates Hire D2/D3 Player of the Rounds' in the mid 00's.

Gryphs have done well to make it through the finals, but after a 10-8 season, they'll need to improve do a bit of recruiting, but from what I read in the Div 3 forum last week, Sam Sheehans brother may be on his way over, which would be a very good start

2012 Canteen Prices

Just wondering what some people think will be the standard price of items next year. Any price rises expected? I have a feeling that a beer may cost $4 and I'm not sure I'm too hapy about it.

Standard 2011 Price
Beer Can (375ml) $3.50
Gatorade $3.50
Hot Dog with Cheese $3.50
Pie $3.50-$4
Sausage Rolls $2.50-$3
Soft Drink $2.00

As a conniseur of VAFA canteens, are there any good / terrible value or exceptional items to look out for next year in Div2 canteens?

2012 Canteen Prices

Just wondering what some people think will be the standard price of items next year. Any price rises expected? I have a feeling that a beer may cost $4 and I'm not sure I'm too hapy about it.

Standard 2011 Price
Beer Can (375ml) $3.50
Gatorade $3.50
Hot Dog with Cheese $3.50
Pie $3.50-$4
Sausage Rolls $2.50-$3
Soft Drink $2.00

As a conniseur of VAFA canteens, are there any good / terrible value or exceptional items to look out for next year in Div2 canteens?

Gold help you if you are connisseur of a Jimmy Beam or an alcopop. Depending on the club is can set you back $6-$7.00. It might be time for a few local gentry to start experimenting with home made beer and labelling it with their own clubs logo. You can have the SMS Bitter or the Paradians Lager.All proceeds back to the club and health insurance strongly recommended. All care no responsibility would be the motto.

so uncle mick have smd got their new coach already if so who did they get ?
SMD had a good top 4 or 5 players this year but a thin from there to 22 they will need to recruit a few more in the top 10 player bracket to be serious threat next year .
this years team were good bunch of blokes to play against look forward to next year

rickyp SMS has the right idea looking to the youth but it is a long season and the kids tend to get tired towards the end of the season.This is what happened to the uni boys from all reports they had injuries and the young boys were just sore and tired i heard someone from latrobe saying they had nine first year players all around 19 years old in their side at the end of the season.
It looked like they did just not have the bigger bodies to go with the likes of GE, Eltham and co having blokes around the 23/26 age group makes all the differance with being able to cope with a long season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to go past Eltham, Therry and Latrobe at the top end - Latrobe to improve their consistency after dropping off this year. Therry are a very, very good side, and Eltham are good on their day.

St Leo's will get worse for mine, will potentially face the drop, depending on how the new faces go. SMS, SMD new coaches and new faces. Hard to know where they'll go. Both to stay pretty stationary is a safe bet. RickyP, you've got no idea what you're talking about mate.

No idea on the boys from the divisions above and below, anyone got any inside tips there? I know Bulleen-Temp had a shocker of a year, but lost a few close ones and were still going in pretty keen late in the year, so expecting them to be better than form suggests.

That's my irrelevant 2 cents - nice to see the thread up and running nice and early!

I'm just wondering if the SM Districts are still going to be playing at Linsey Hasset Oval 2012?
And also would they like a spectator of two as i may be traveling along that Tram line a bit next year.

I'm just wondering if the SM Districts are still going to be playing at Linsey Hasset Oval 2012?
And also would they like a spectator of two as i may be traveling along that Tram line a bit next year.

Somehow I think South may have had enough spectators over the last few seasons. Time to get some players.

My mail is the 2011 Hampton Rovers dew kickers coach has won the senior coaching gig at LHO.

Uncle Mick may be abvle to share his thoughts...

Mail is correct Harper. He previously coached an U19 Premiership and was named U19 Coach of the Year as well as being an assistant coach to the Canadian team in the International Aussie Rules Cup held earlier this month. Fair to say he'll have a positive impact on the youth at SMD.

Mail is correct Harper. He previously coached an U19 Premiership and was named U19 Coach of the Year as well as being an assistant coach to the Canadian team in the International Aussie Rules Cup held earlier this month. Fair to say he'll have a positive impact on the youth at SMD.

Sounds like a great appointment Mick. Expect the Bloods to have a big year in their centenary.

i think SMS will be a genuine shot at finals next year, they have a chance but i personally don't think they will make it. I'm tipping them to finish 5th. My reason for this is a few things:

- New coach Erwin Leyden has proven success in a high grade

- Former AFL player Jarryd Allen as his right hand man

- Strong youth movement - Guys like West, who has definitely proven himself, and a fair few of the under 19's from last season who I am assuming will go up and have a crack at senior footy. There is some genuine talent there. Chipperfield, 2010 U18 B&F and 3rd in U19 B&F in 2011 and of course Jake Evans, 2011 U19 B&F, just to name a few.

Adding to my point on youth movement, I saw a game they played against St Johns, around Round 14 or 15. They played a very young side, they gave St Johns a run for their money. The youngsters were going in hard, trying their guts out. Supposedly 5 of them were first gamers, 2 of them second gamers. From what I saw, Jake Evans is a star of the future, they have a 16 year old who is certain to be a star, one who seemingly does not know how to drop a mark, as well as one very talented young ruckman.

Things are very bright for SMS i think. Anyone have any more info regarding their position? especially with their youth movement.

Thanks Jake

After a debaucherous trip to Echuca, the SMS boys will have no qualms about their footy, particularly after high noon.

After a debaucherous trip to Echuca, the SMS boys will have no qualms about their footy, particularly after high noon.

Seems to be a bit of talk about SMS at the moment. While they have got a new coach and assistant coach who are very highly regarded and a welcome inclusion, these two arent going to be charging out of the middle or kicking goals. They will need to pick up a few handy in's in my opionion to help with the younger lads. I see ESL have a new coach in a former afl umpire, hows things going at other clubs?

Guru Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back