D2 Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if the Ammos have made a stuff up, they have Prahran and OP's listed to play Central Reserve in Glen Waverley and BT and Eltham at Bill Lawry??

I'm the one that stuffed up lout. 2nd semi's are at Bill Lawry on Saturday, with 1st semi's at Central on Sunday.

Interesting they scheduled them at different grounds, and where they are going to schedule the prelims and GF if a team gets an advantage having played at a ground the other team hasn't.

A pretty nothing round 18; Bulleen, Prahran and my Turtles all did what was expected where as OP become the 3rd top 4 victom of the monash yoyo's home ground upswing. what's the secret here Johnny?

Out at Eltham it was straight kicking that did the job for us, Souths are easliy the most improved team in the 2nd half of the year.

Looking in the Best's it looks like all the predicted game breakers are finding form heading into finals with:

Sleight (PA)
Cherbakov (BT)
Florence (BT)
Ciavola (Elt)
Galvin (Elt)

All being named among their teams best on the weekend with Musster and Pell notably missing from the Prahran line-up??? Rested? Injured? Work commitments?. Also notably, Boundy didn't get a mention and from recent posts sounds to have been either well-held or dissinterested at ECR on the weekend.

Can someone give me a bio on Bill Lawry oval, the bigger the ground the better for the Turtles in my opinion.

A pretty nothing round 18; Bulleen, Prahran and my Turtles all did what was expected where as OP become the 3rd top 4 victom of the monash yoyo's home ground upswing. what's the secret here Johnny?

Out at Eltham it was straight kicking that did the job for us, Souths are easliy the most improved team in the 2nd half of the year.

Looking in the Best's it looks like all the predicted game breakers are finding form heading into finals with:

Sleight (PA)
Cherbakov (BT)
Florence (BT)
Ciavola (Elt)
Galvin (Elt)

All being named among their teams best on the weekend with Musster and Pell notably missing from the Prahran line-up??? Rested? Injured? Work commitments?. Also notably, Boundy didn't get a mention and from recent posts sounds to have been either well-held or dissinterested at ECR on the weekend.

Can someone give me a bio on Bill Lawry oval, the bigger the ground the better for the Turtles in my opinion.

Straight kicking did the job for YOUR turtles hey? Well read mate. Tell me, anything of note happen in the two's game earlier in the day?

Wasn't at the game on the weekend Arthur, didn't claim to be.

So, yes I am relying the vafa match report. Which with only 2 extra scoring shots my takes was that it could have been closer if SMD kicked a little straighter, sorry if I got this wrong. Stand by my call that SMD are the most improved team (again going from vafa reports if that's ok Arthur).

Having said that, it sounds like you were there, I'd love to hear your match report Arthur, as well as any other thoughts and comments you have leading into finals.

It is a chat forum after all.

Wasn't at the game on the weekend Arthur, didn't claim to be.

So, yes I am relying the vafa match report. Which with only 2 extra scoring shots my takes was that it could have been closer if SMD kicked a little straighter, sorry if I got this wrong. Stand by my call that SMD are the most improved team (again going from vafa reports if that's ok Arthur).

Having said that, it sounds like you were there, I'd love to hear your match report Arthur, as well as any other thoughts and comments you have leading into finals.

It is a chat forum after all.

I don't think you're from Eltham as you claim to be.

What happened during the Prahran v Emmaus reserves game? Anybody know more about who won?
PRAHRAN Assumption Seniors and Reserves will both play on Sunday after the VAFA Board yesterday (August 27) denied the club's submission for four premiership points to the Reserves from last Saturday's abandoned game v St Leo's.

Prahran Assumption lodged a submission that the Reserves should be allocated four points for a forfeit rather than two points for an abandoned game following last Saturday's fixture. St Leo's refused to play citing the Toorak Park centre square was too hard and uneven
As there is no avenue of appeal, the club must abide by the ruling.

from Prahran's web site

Round 18 Preview
Parade
over Monash by 6 Pts (On last weeks form the Raiders will do this in a canter, but they clearly have the toughest assignment of the four finalists as the Gryphs have already knocked off Prahran and Eltham on their home patch and will be keen to make it one more. I suspect much of their chance rests with the inclusion of the great Lee Wells back from injury. The Gryphs have sorely missed his heroics down back over the past fortnight and he is the heart and soul of East Caulfield Reserve. Monash will probably pinch this one, but they are pitted against a side chock full of confidence and talent who are most unlikely to cut their hosts any slack. Luke Dore to be best afield).

Turtles over South by 55 Pts (The Bloods have been very good in recent weeks but most likely played their ‘final’ last time out. Eltham have the double chance to play for and will have this in the bag by the main break. Sab Ciavola was not suited to the bog last time out and could have a ‘field day’ up forward. Old Eltham easily)

Therry over SMS by 11 Pts (The Lions have been largely disappointing this year, particularly in the second half of the season, so I give the Saints some chance. However, St Mary’s have put in some ordinary performances themselves and will probably not have the raw talent to cause the upset. Rowe and Egglestone to be prominent for the visitors).

Bulleen over Latrobe by 67 Pts (Seldom is there a final round without an upset result, but surely one cannot see it happening here. Whilst the Bullants have the double chance sewn up they will still want to take out the minor premiership and will do this easily).

Prahran over Emmaus by 52 Pts (If the Four Blues bring their A-Game, the margin could be a cricket score, but Prahran have shown this ruthless streak only on occasions in 2012 and will more than likely therefore only cruise to victory. Jimmy Musster has already clocked up about five best on grounds this season, so the odds are short on him making this a half D).

Round 18 Review

3/5 (66/90 cumulative) in another largely insignificant round of football as we all wait with bated breath for the finals to begin. Monash completed their inconsistent season with a resounding win against a lacklustre Paradians at East Caulfield. It seemed the Raiders had their minds fixed firmly on September as they rolled over without a whimper when the heat was applied. The other minor upset coming Ferndale where SMS had the measure of a bitterly disappointing Therry all day. The way the Lions have finished their season has been poor to say the least, Buck Rogers in awesome form for the home side. Eltham, Bulleen and Prahran all played effective and clinical football against weaker oppositions, although the Bloods certainly took it up to Old Eltham for three quarters.

Finals Preview – Week 1

One game in Northcote and the other Glen Waverley is a tad odd, but what the hey it will probably make little difference.

Second Semi Final

Bulleen over the Turtles by 21 Pts (The Bullants have played the most consistent and finest Football of anyone this season and on this fact alone, one must select them. Consistent performers such as Khouri and Cherbakov will do enough to ensure Eltham are made to wait one more week for promotion. Disposal efficiency will be the key to the game as both sides are hard at it and give no quarter. Sab Ciavola to be double teamed and kick three or less).

First Semi Final

Prahran over Paradians by 10 Pts (Wind is often a factor at the home of Mazenod and I suspect this will suit the Four Blues running style of game more than the clinical & structured, "switch" gameplan of Parade. Very hard to split these two however, as the Raiders know how to win finals pressure games. Having said that PA’s record in recent finals is first rate and Musster and Pell will relish the big stage. Prahran’s defence was first rate last week and this is the type of dour style of play that is needed to win finals. Parade have been good for much of the year, but are set to fall just short).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Whilst Johnny is still coming to terms with the end of the season at Gryphon town.. Here are my tips!.
Prahran to beat OP quite convincingly. 25+
and
Ill got for the upset Eltham over BT. BT seemed to have dropped right away on the last month or so and I think the Turtles might get lucky... Turtles by 9

Whilst Johnny is still coming to terms with the end of the season at Gryphon town.. Here are my tips!.
Prahran to beat OP quite convincingly. 25+
and
Ill got for the upset Eltham over BT. BT seemed to have dropped right away on the last month or so and I think the Turtles might get lucky... Turtles by 9
the last month including BT's comfortable round 16 win against Eltham?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we go for this weekends round of finals games:

Seniors.
1st Semi Final
Prahran vs Old Paradians. A classic match-up of a dour defensive unit against a quality attacking outfit. If the Raiders can contain some of teh Two Blues star forwards they should get across the line.
2nd Semi Final
Bulleen Templestowe vs Old Eltham. The Bullants form has been a bit shakey over the final few weeks although they did account for the Turtles in their last meeting but feel it's time for the artsy boys from the outer leafy suburb to move up a grade with an important win.

Reserves.
1st Semi Final
Prahran vs Therry Penola
2nd Semi Final
Bulleen Templestowe vs Old Paradians

Jerry/Chips how many boxes of tissues have you gone through tonight? Well and truly beaten today. Hope the "great man" is ready for another year in Div 2.
Flag is on the Ants trophy rack so only interest now is who will be joining them in Div 1 next year. I favour PA over Eltham

Jerry/Chips how many boxes of tissues have you gone through tonight? Well and truly beaten today. Hope the "great man" is ready for another year in Div 2.
Flag is on the Ants trophy rack so only interest now is who will be joining them in Div 1 next year. I favour PA over Eltham
None, but thanks for asking Skeed. Sounds like you're the one who might be needing the tissues though, if you know what I mean.

We try to be gracious in victory or defeat. That's something that is completely foreign to a few down Bulleen way I think. The way they carried on after being beaten in the Reserves on Saturday was ridiculous. Everything seemed to be the umpires fault, and even abusing an injured player right in front of their interchange. All class.

We were beaten by a better team yesterday and we didn't really play that well. Prahran gave us nothing in the last when we had the breeze, and actually increasing the lead showed they just had more of what it took on the day.

None, but thanks for asking Skeed. Sounds like you're the one who might be needing the tissues though, if you know what I mean.

We try to be gracious in victory or defeat. That's something that is completely foreign to a few down Bulleen way I think. The way they carried on after being beaten in the Reserves on Saturday was ridiculous. Everything seemed to be the umpires fault, and even abusing an injured player right in front of their interchange. All class.

We were beaten by a better team yesterday and we didn't really play that well. Prahran gave us nothing in the last when we had the breeze, and actually increasing the lead showed they just had more of what it took on the day.

I don't know if Skeed is from Bulleen - I hope not. Either way his comments are not reflective of the club. Old Parade have beaten Bulleen twice this year so BT will be breathing a sigh of relief that Old Parade have been knocked out. I didn't see the reserves game so can not comment on that.

Two authoritative victories from the weekend.

Bulleen answered questions about their past month of football and will be in Div 1 next year, I'd imagine they would start favorites in the GF against either opponent.

Prahran prooved their finals pedigree over a Bound-less (punn intended) OP. Going from VAFA stats, no goals and not in the best suggests that the 'great man' didn't stand up or was well held. Jerry Granola I would think OP need to get a bit of support for Boundy if they are to contend in 2013. Perhaps you taking some of the chat forum heat off him might help too.

Sitting 0-3 against the ladder leaders in 2012 is probably not ideal for the Turtles but a win this week and anything can happen in the big dance.

This week is a mouth watering affair as the 2 stand-out full fowards (Sleight and Ciavola) go head to head. Notably Pell made his return after a 2 week break, only 9 games for the year but I'm sure Prahran have huge expectations on him to impact finals.

Turtles - Richardson, Galvin, Whiteside all need to be among the Turtles best this week.

Johnnyonthespot - what happened to your finals preview with each sides weaknesses exposed?

skeed is not from BT and not sure he has ever claimed to be. However I am. Missed both games on the weekend due to being away with work. VERY dissppointed to hear those comments about our club players, supporters making excuses in the earlier game and having a crack at injured players (crap if true under any circumstances). The updates I was getting during game indicated that Parade were clearly on top and deserved the win. Would have been highway robbery had we managed to get over the line in the last minute. Luckily for our blokes they won enough games during the season to bag the double chance so live on for another day.

In regards to BT breathing a sigh a relief with Parade exiting yesterday. I disagree. I (and many others around the club) would have loved to see them play again this year when it actually counted.

All in all a pretty fair effect by BT, Prahran and Parade to have both sides in the finals.

Bullants are flying down at Ajani. They're definitely unstoppable, the rest are just making up the numbers. The game Prahran and OP was abysmal and as far as I'm concerned neither team deserved to progress based on yesterday!

Bullants are flying down at Ajani. They're definitely unstoppable, the rest are just making up the numbers. The game Prahran and OP was abysmal and as far as I'm concerned neither team deserved to progress based on yesterday!

you are a goose mate.

Gotta agree with Rocket. Both Prahran and Parade were pitiful on Sunday. Cant see Prahran (if they get through) blowing wind up Bulleen's arse!!!!!! Not sure Eltham are much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back