D2 Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions do need to be asked......what about the belters that work behind the bar at the home of the turtle?
I haven't been to Eltham this season, but 2 years ago I made the 6 hour trans-country journey and was very surprised at the talent serving up the hot dogs and powerades. I spent about $45 on sausage rolls and killer pythons that day, all in an excuse to spend a mere 30 seconds in front of the angels behind the counter.

Watch what you say about my Grandma & Aunty Beryl mate - I'll let them know that your up for it though, they're both single, 84 & 63... but single!!

I believe Speight may have gone to school with Aunty Beryl.

Watch what you say about my Grandma & Aunty Beryl mate - I'll let them know that your up for it though, they're both single, 84 & 63... but single!!

I believe Speight may have gone to school with Aunty Beryl.

This forum is turning into a pile of sh!t. Really bored u r not from eltham! I don't believe any1 from PA's playing list would be on here either!!! Not many genuine posters on here any more!! Bigfooty was once a decent place to discuss footy, now all I read is fake posts and info by people pretending to be from a club that their trying humiliate!

Over it and out!

Eltham will battle to fire a shot off away from your bog of a paddock. It's a blight on the competition that we are forced to travel to the end of the earth to play a mediocre side in Eltham.

Anyhow, given that there Eltham have sourced some decent players away from clubs that are allowed to pay players, I'm sure it won't be long until the VAFA launches an investigation, bringing the Turtles to their knee's.
Posted by numeral ned

"your bog of a paddock"
Ned have you been to the turtles home gound it is far from being a bog it would be one of the best surfaces in the division along with latrobes wait to you go to St emmaus or parades ground lucky that Aquinas are not in this divison this year their bottom oval was a disgrace last year

we are forced to travel to the end of the earth .
what a joke of a comment 45 to 60 mins from the city is not far to travel
there is longer distances to travel than that in the Ammos if that is too far then join a suburban league

Will have to agree with the majicman on this one. Turtle park is a very good surface and one of the better ones going around sadly its 4 times larger that Ferndale so we are generally spent after the warm up. ESL is a shocker and you need to strap the ankles up there!

Big game for SMS this week if we cant get over the line here we will be battling it out all year to avoid the drop

Guru Out!

Tips for the week:
Parade over St Leos - 38 pts
Monash over BT - 2 pts
Therry over South Melb - 12 pts
St Marys over La Trobe - 50 pts
PA over Eltham - 8 pts (match of the round)

PA to knock off a tough Eltham side in a bruising encounter on a slippery Toorak Park surface. PA looking the goods now as Numeral Ned stated: the train has left the station - GET ON BOARD!

I have taken Monash in an upset over BT - reason being, that it will be wet, and tight at the home of Monash. BT will lose a couple of games this year and this one appears to be one of them.

Therry in a titanic struggle against the districts.

WhoAmI?

Parade over St Leos - 50 pts (Parade to stomp st leos)
Monash against BT - 32 pts (Good game but BT just to good)
Therry over South Melb - 38 pts (Therry too strong all over the ground)
St Marys at La Trobe - 20 pts ( At the uni boys home the ground might just be too big for SMS)
PA over Eltham - 12pts (Match of the round its home ground avantage here)

Parade over St Leos - 50 pts (Parade to stomp st leos)
Monash against BT - 32 pts (Good game but BT just to good)
Therry over South Melb - 38 pts (Therry too strong all over the ground)
St Marys at La Trobe - 20 pts ( At the uni boys home the ground might just be too big for SMS)
PA over Eltham - 12pts (Match of the round its home ground avantage here)

4/5 last week, this weeks tips

Parade vs emmaus - parade by 10 goals
Monash vs bulleen temp - bulleen temp by 7 goals
Therry vs sth melb - therry by 8 goals
Latrobe vs st Mary's - st Mary's by 3 goals
Prahran vs eltham - eltham in the match of the round

Round 2 Preview

Prahran over Emmaus by 5 Pts (I shall give the Four Blues one more chance before I drop off them completely. No doubt a new coach means new gameplans and structures and this may take a while to get used to, however, do not expect another performance of the like of last week. On the other hand, Emmaus were hardly impressive either in going down by 80 points, but back at home will be hard to toss).
Turtles over the Gryphons by 2 Pts (I reckon this may be the closest one of the round and the home ground advantage is the only thing that sways me in Eltham’s direction. The Gryphons unveiled a host of new recruits last week in an effort to bolster their spine and their forward line looks as good as ever. The Turtles seem to have a most miserly defence, so this may not be a high scoring affair. Eltham just).
Bulleen over SMS by 31 Pts (Even though St Mary’s impressed last week, Bulleen-Templestowe had no peer in their football lesson at Toorak Park. I suspect this to be even in the first half, but the Bullants to pull clear in the Premiership Quarter).
Therry over Parade by 16 Pts (One has not heard much from the boys north of the city so far this season and this may prove a real blessing as they quietly go about their business. Therry may in fact be one of the strongest sides in the division with players of the calibre of Luke ‘killer’ Kowalski and Mick Pell making sure of their structures being implemented. Parade were most disappointing last time out, but scoring shots suggest they may have been better than at first glance. I expect this to be closer than many, but class should prevail).
Sth Dist. over Latrobe by 48 Pts (No one could select the Trobers after their performance against the Turtles, but Districts were only marginally better. The word from Lindsay Hassett, however, was that South had a few out and if that is the case, improvement is expected. Can only see this going one way).

Round 2 Review

4/5 (6/10 cumulative) was a far better return as only the Raiders surprised me in downing Therry in a gritty performance at Garvey Oval. Prahran bounced back with much aplomb, destroying a now dispirited Emmaus by almost 80 points. Eltham proved too strong for the Gryphons in a match they could’ve won by a lot more, coach Alan Sutherland would be sure to have paid special attention to Goalkicking throughout the week. Bulleen Templestowe look 10 goals better than anyone at this stage, Jack Cowell prominent amongst 12 goalkickers for the Bullants who had the game in the bag at quarter time. The Bloods won a dour affair at Albert Park but were hardly impressive against a spirited, yet undermanned Latrobe cohort.

Round 3 Preview

Paradians over Emmaus by 21 Pts (The Wattle Park boys are yet to raise the bat for three figures cumulatively in eight quarters of football, so I do not expect a sudden turn of events here. Parade were much better last week with David Boundy leading from the front and should be a little too strong).
Bulleen over the Gryphs by 56 Pts (I have already stated that the Bullants look far better than anyone else and I don’t expect the Gryphons to be able to quell their midfield dominance. Add to the mix an attacking backline and a plethora of goal scoring options and you have a very well-oiled machine indeed. Monash will try and rough up the Bulleen boys early on, but it will have little or no effect).
Therry over South by 38 Pts (Whilst Districts would have a spring in their step after last week’s result, it will be short lived due to Therry’s superior firepower. Luke Kowalski to continue his fine start to the season).
SMS over Latrobe by 26 Pts (A real ‘8 pointer’ for the Combine even this early on and one which can help their cause no end. The Trobers have even been less successful in front of goal than Emmaus so I simply cannot see them kicking a competitive score. I suspect the home side will try and shut down the game – even on their giant ground – and mitigate the damage. St Mary’s comfortably).
Prahran over Eltham by 9 Pts (Clear match of the day for mine and the jury is still out regarding the Turtles so looking forward immensely to this result. I feel that the Four Blues will run and carry the footy a little too efficiently for their visitors; however, I would not be surprised if Eltham made them earn it every step of the way as they have been ultra-impressive so far against weaker opposition. Close call).

Good luck to all

Quasi

All home teams this week.

Progressive 4/5

Prahran v St Leo's - 18 points. Will be serious concerns down Prahran way if they can't win this won. St Leo's hard to judge after a big loss to an impressive Therry unit. With the four blues missing some big guns will only get up by a few goals.
Eltham v Monash - 3 points. Match of the round. Both teams coming off strong wins and this game will determine how good they are and if they are contenders. Eltham seem to share it a lot between them, but against not much opposition. Interesting Ciavola kicked 5 and didn't get named in the best. Almost tempted to pick Monash here but at the Turtles home ground they will get done... just.
Bulleen v St Marys - 33 points. Was a contender for match of the round but think Bulleen will be too strong for a young St Mary's side and whilst will be close for a few quarters, the Bullants will run over the top of them. With Florance and Cherbakof kicking a few last week(with other notable contributions) the Bullants have a winning forward line.
Therry v Paradians - 24 points. Parade will be dissappointed with their accuracy last week and don't think they will be far behind the leaders. But Therry will be top 1-2 contenders this year with what seems to be a very balanced team. Pell to continue with his good form.
Souths v La Trobe - 38 points. Could be a very important game come Round 18 to see who will be relegated. Neither team will want to be thinking this so early but who ever loses this will be in for a long year. Souths are a proud club and will want to improve from last week and run over the students this week.

Good luck to all.

No review, flat out with work for a change.

Progressive 8/10

Emmaus v Parade - 44 points.
Monash vs Bulleen - 24 points.
Therry vs Souths - 10 points.
Latrobe vs St Mary's - 36 points.
Prahran vs Eltham - 35 points.

Good luck to everyone on the weekend.

Emmaus St Leos vs Old Paradians The Raiders certainly bounced back last week and can keep the win column ticking over.
Monash Gryphons vs Bulleen Templestowe The Ants look like they will be the yardstick of the Division and should get another win here.
Therry Penola vs South Melbourne Plenty of wrist wringing out Broady way during the week and expect them to bounce back this week.
La Trobe University vs St Mary's Salesian A real difficult one to predict but going with the Students for no other reason than the game is at Bundoora
Prahran vs Old Eltham Match of the round between two expected finalists. Have been impressed with the Turtles so far and they get the nod in what should be an enthralling game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eltham will battle to fire a shot off away from your bog of a paddock. It's a blight on the competition that we are forced to travel to the end of the earth to play a mediocre side in Eltham.

Anyhow, given that there Eltham have sourced some decent players away from clubs that are allowed to pay players, I'm sure it won't be long until the VAFA launches an investigation, bringing the Turtles to their knee's.
Posted by numeral ned

"your bog of a paddock"
Ned have you been to the turtles home gound it is far from being a bog it would be one of the best surfaces in the division along with latrobes wait to you go to St emmaus or parades ground lucky that Aquinas are not in this divison this year their bottom oval was a disgrace last year

we are forced to travel to the end of the earth .
what a joke of a comment 45 to 60 mins from the city is not far to travel
there is longer distances to travel than that in the Ammos if that is too far then join a suburban league

Mate, parades ground is in the top 2 in the league.

not sure what league your talking about nackers? Prahran, La Trobe, Monash, Eltham and Bulleen better imo. This leaves Parade maybe 6th. Infront on only Therry (horrible), St Marys (stamp), Sth Melb (ok) and St Leos :)thumbsd::eek:).

royal flush its nice to be loyal to your club but top two in the league ? i think not the parade ground has more ups and down on the surface than than a 15 year with a bad case of zits

PA boys still relentless in their attack of BT I see. Sore losers or what!!!

Gee can't wait for the next post.(yawn)

Let it go guys, get over it, you'll have your chance for redemption next time round.

You guys are getting as boring as your game plan.

Please, your going to have another team to attack this week anyway and quite a few more during the year judging on your insipid performance in round 1. Save some for all the other teams that smack you this year.

Go Turtles

A few people have twigged that not everyone in this forum is who they say they are. I don't know that any true PA supporters were really bagging BT after the "insipid" round 1 result. I have BT to keep on winning but their toughest challenge so far this season might be the vast playing fields out in Eltham.... anyone got some GPS coordinates for BT?

A few people have twigged that not everyone in this forum is who they say they are. I don't know that any true PA supporters were really bagging BT after the "insipid" round 1 result. I have BT to keep on winning but their toughest challenge so far this season might be the vast playing fields out in Eltham.... anyone got some GPS coordinates for BT?

it's probably BT's shortest road trip for the year!

We've had a lot of rain, I shudder at the thought of the state of the ground. Water must just pour down those walls onto the ground.

Torps' back after a month in Syd on work projects - I'm off to see 3 v 4 out at Oak Park and will give feedback on the game - looks interesting given the form of both sides and I'll be hoping for a dry deck as a good indicator for both teams' future prospects

Torps' back after a month in Syd on work projects - I'm off to see 3 v 4 out at Oak Park and will give feedback on the game - looks interesting given the form of both sides and I'll be hoping for a dry deck as a good indicator for both teams' future prospects
Good one Torp. Should be a good read. I'll be out at Eltham with "Rocket1926" checking out the young Bullant Pups (?) (what are they?) vs Eltham. Looking forward to seeing if the young kids can handle the bigger bodies and the expected slop out at Research

tips for this week
Eltham v BT the turtles just on their home deck 14 points
SMS V Monash home ground advantage here SMS 5 points
Therry V PA clash of the round Therry at home 18 points
Latrobe V St leos battle of the seller dewllers the 4 points for this game will be very important for both teams the uni boys at home 12 points
SMD V OP OP in a romp here 50 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back