D2 Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seniors.
Grand Final
Bulleen Templestowe vs Prahran. The Bullants were many tipsters choice for the flag since before pre-season and haven't really don't anything too wrong - although the Raiders might disagree. The Two Blues were also tipped to be in the big dance and although their form was patchy at times have also gained promotion. Think that the rested Bullants might just be that bit fresher when the chips are down in a very close game.

Reserves.
Grand Final
Old Paradians vs Bulleen Templestowe

Preliminary Final Preview

Prahran over Eltham by 18 Pts (Home ground advantage has largely determined the winner of the two contest between these two teams this year, however, Sab Ciavola was dominant in the match at Research with six goals, so his performance tomorrow I see as critical for this contest. If the Four Blues can keep him under three goals they should win, however if he bags a Half D, Old Eltham may get up. Even though, Prahran’s kicking for goals left a lot to be desired last t time out, I do not expect this continue and Ciavola wasn’t the only key forward to be held goalless last week. Similarly, Adam Sleight had a game to forget and me thinks he may look to atone for this performance. Sure to be close for much of the day, but I favour the boys from Toorak Park to break the nexus – similar to last week – by three quarter time).

Preliminary Final Review

1/1 (69/93 cumulative) as Prahran, as expected, played the better football when it counted and find themselves in the enviable position of having a chance for back to back pennants. For Old Eltham, a season that promised much but ultimately falls just short of club or team success. A tough assessment I know, but they had the players to be a real chance this year and will be most disappointed.

Grand Final Preview

Bulleen over Prahran by 22 Pts (Many will see this as a soft tip, but the
Bullants have been clearly the most consistent team of the season and possess arguably the finest game structures and individual depth as well. Jimmy Musster will get his standard 30 touches, so I suspect that Bulleen will forget about him and look to nullify the men on the next rung down the food chain such as Matty Pell and Blayne Dempsey. The Four Blues will look to pressure the ball carrier so as to ensure Justin Khouri is not allowed precise delivery and if they can control the drop in the defensive corridor they may be able to frustrate the Bullants for much of the day. Bulleen have too many guns however, and will finally break Prahran late in the third to take out a much deserved premiership cup. Kristian Cherbakov would be favoured to take out the Fellows Medal so that is good enough for me)

Good luck to both teams

Quasi

I still can't fathom how BT won. Despite great games from Edsall and Florence, a few others lowered their colors. 26 for Prahran was clearly a class above, the 2 big forwards were too good for our key backs. The little guys ra n the ball forward extremely well....they should've kicked a lot more goals than 10. I think the Bullants desperation and effort in the contests pulled them through. The move of Cherbs into the middle (after spending 3 qtrs in attack) was a match winner IMO.

Florance won the Tony Fellows medal. Played well and kick significant goal late but I reckon voglis(4) Jesse Wilson, Chibs and a few others better.
seriously a sensational game, there wasnt any passangers for either side today. there was no clear BOG either. both teams will definatly be contenders in D1 next year.

What a great game.. Skeed, where were you?
I thought Prahran were pretty unlucky to loose. The game ebbed and flowed with each side dominating at times.
Prahran went too wide early. And their skill level wasnt great but managed to stay in the game at half time.
Then they started going through the middle a little more as the game opened up.
Sleight was great after half time. No.23 for BT gave him a little too much room and zoned off. And paid the price.
Didn't agree with Cherbs playing mainly as a forward for the first half. He turned the game in the 3rd. Prahran needed to run a tagger on him.
No 1 from BT was best on in the first half got plenty while tagging Musster. Musster was ordinary. Gotta feel for him though as he always gets a close tag. Edsall was great all day.
I wouldn't have had Florence in my top 5 players. Certainly not best on in my book. Sure he did some good things but I doubt he had 15 posies. Plus turned the footy over with 2 mins to go and almost cost BT the game. Cowell was well held. Khouri ate too many donuts pre-game and gave nothing.
Dempsey CHB for Prahran was best on ground in my book. Great marking and decision making. Strong in defence.

All round a great game to watch. Well done to both sides.

What a great game.. Skeed, where were you?
I thought Prahran were pretty unlucky to loose. The game ebbed and flowed with each side dominating at times.
Prahran went too wide early. And their skill level wasnt great but managed to stay in the game at half time.
Then they started going through the middle a little more as the game opened up.
Sleight was great after half time. No.23 for BT gave him a little too much room and zoned off. And paid the price.
Didn't agree with Cherbs playing mainly as a forward for the first half. He turned the game in the 3rd. Prahran needed to run a tagger on him.
No 1 from BT was best on in the first half got plenty while tagging Musster. Musster was ordinary. Gotta feel for him though as he always gets a close tag. Edsall was great all day.
I wouldn't have had Florence in my top 5 players. Certainly not best on in my book. Sure he did some good things but I doubt he had 15 posies. Plus turned the footy over with 2 mins to go and almost cost BT the game. Cowell was well held. Khouri ate too many donuts pre-game and gave nothing.
Dempsey CHB for Prahran was best on ground in my book. Great marking and decision making. Strong in defence.

All round a great game to watch. Well done to both sides.

Agreed no1 (Wilson i think) from BT was brilliant in the first half made Musster look like a padestrian, there's a new speedster in town!

Sleight was good, but shanked a kick 35m out, straight in front with 8 minutes to go which would have put Prahran in front, they never re-gained the lead after that. Big fella had his big moment.

Also agree that the no. 26 (Dempsey) backman from Prahran was outstanding!

Pitty Prahran couldn't get up for Parsons last game.

Haven't seen much of PA this year but I must say the contest they provided in the GF was outstanding. Two committed teams hard at it all day right down to the wire and no doubt BT would have been much relieved to hear the siren. I've been to many higher grade GF's having greater skills over the years but as a contest this game was outstanding - not many on the forum and including the D2 scribe gave Prahran any chance and yet they almost snatched it. The difference I thought was that BT made more of their chances when presented and also moving Cherbakof late in the game was telling.
Dempsey from PA was clearly best afield IMO followed by Cherbakof and then maybe Wilson (that guys' quick).
Kudos to PA captain Sleight for his second half and trying to drag his team over the line.
Going forward BT appears to have much upside with its' young list while Prahran will need to address its' ageing list if it is to continue the rise up through the grades. Great game, great day - thanks to both clubs.

Too true TT...a great day, great crowd and played in good spirits. Dempsey was my BOG by a long way, but how good was Cherbs in the last 40 minutes? Showed why he is one of the best in D2. Just heightened my opinion of him as a gun player and a phenomenal leader

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too true TT...a great day, great crowd and played in good spirits. Dempsey was my BOG by a long way, but how good was Cherbs in the last 40 minutes? Showed why he is one of the best in D2. Just heightened my opinion of him as a gun player and a phenomenal leader
The 2 opposing captains I thought were inspirational for their teams in the 2nd half and both clubs showed the spirit of why ammo footy is alive and well in this day of the mighty dollar being thrown around to young players. Just a great game on Sunday and pity we can't return again this week for a replay...!!

Haven't seen much of PA this year but I must say the contest they provided in the GF was outstanding. Two committed teams hard at it all day right down to the wire and no doubt BT would have been much relieved to hear the siren. I've been to many higher grade GF's having greater skills over the years but as a contest this game was outstanding - not many on the forum and including the D2 scribe gave Prahran any chance and yet they almost snatched it. The difference I thought was that BT made more of their chances when presented and also moving Cherbakof late in the game was telling.
Dempsey from PA was clearly best afield IMO followed by Cherbakof and then maybe Wilson (that guys' quick).
Kudos to PA captain Sleight for his second half and trying to drag his team over the line.
Going forward BT appears to have much upside with its' young list while Prahran will need to address its' ageing list if it is to continue the rise up through the grades. Great game, great day - thanks to both clubs.

TT you always start by saying you don't watch Prahran, haven't seen much of them etc etc .

Are you a two blues man or not? You have even followed up to Kilmore in the past!

Definitely was an amazing game of footy. Disappointing loss to PA who really should have won it. Another disappointment was the BOG going to a guy who had very little positive impact on the second half of the game. Hard to awar BOG to a player in a losing side, perhaps? Who makes the decision and how is my question?

Thanks for the discussion/banter during the year boys and girls i'm off to the D1 thread to catch up with my old mate Uncle Mick

Who do you think will be the big movers for 2013 in D2? Glen Eira, St Johns, Ivanhoe & Yarra Valley are coming to D2 next year. I hope St Mary's young list can stay together and add a few bigger bodies to become a finals side next season.

Let us know your B & F top three at each club as well.

Thanks for the discussion/banter during the year boys and girls i'm off to the D1 thread to catch up with my old mate Uncle Mick

Mick

Can you still see the game from over the back fence of that house?? Maybe we meet there at 2pm when the Ants come Hampton! HBP will rally our boys and we can have a reunion from the glory days of the 90s and early 00s. Chief, Ando, Softy, etc... Would be epic

Well the landscape for D2 2012 has changed a little in the last 24 hours. Glen Eira no longer set to join us from D1 and St Leo's spared relegation to D3.

I would have tipped Glen Eira to bounce back and start one of the favorites next year in D2.

Well the landscape for D2 2012 has changed a little in the last 24 hours. Glen Eira no longer set to join us from D1 and St Leo's spared relegation to D3.

I would have tipped Glen Eira to bounce back and start one of the favorites next year in D2.

Is that due to Rupertswood leaving?

Is that due to Rupertswood leaving?

Yes, so it's 2 up 1 down for all divisions inbetween. (Powerhouse, Monash Blues, Glen Eira and St Leo's all the lucky survivors)

Would have thought Glen Eira to be a contender and St Leo will no doubt improve but still not be challenging finals IMO. So this will change the landscape of the 2013 season a fair bit I would think. Effectivly a contender out and cellar-dweller in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back