D2 Division 2 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was my reaction as well, 3 weeks was the minimum sentence he could have received

The appeal says more about the club than the player. Fact Whitefriars player knocked out in a dead ball, unprotected situation. Clearly even Garvey Train SAYS [HAVING SEEN THE SHORT VIDEO THAT HAS DISAPPEARED] that it deserves 3/4 weeks. Tribunal pleads "not guilty" and gets 3 weeks which was way too light. Old Parade then ignoring the fact that they know from the video that it was a callous, calculated hit off the ball can see a possible breach in procedure and appeal.

These days everyone talks about "Club Culture" and what their values are worth. What does lodging the appeal say about O Parade? Win at all costs? Hurt who you like, how you like, act outside the rules etc in an effort to bring home a glorious fairly won premiership? Not for mine. It compromises the VAFA ideal of playing For the love of the game. Not that any/many from my club will be watching but we will be supporting the other team UHVU.

Byline - Hope the O Parade Player and club apologised for his actions with some remorse [maybe that's why only 3 weeks].

Will be a paperwork issue or timing. Caught on video in a disgraceful act so why try to get off on a technically - will taint the club forever. Gee I hope they don't win.

Does that mean someone can actually get off based on paperwork? I doubt its timing, I am sure the footage was sent very quickly.

Realistically had Whitefirars won the game - the bloke who got concussed would not be playing this week.

If he plays, the vafa will have failed the football community.

Could be worth sending the footage to a third party or the AFL and see what they make of it.

Does that mean someone can actually get off based on paperwork? I doubt its timing, I am sure the footage was sent very quickly.

Realistically had Whitefirars won the game - the bloke who got concussed would not be playing this week.

If he plays, the vafa will have failed the football community.

Could be worth sending the footage to a third party or the AFL and see what they make of it.
Back I heard stories of players getting off due to umpire spelling the players name wrong.

He won’t get off. Dw about that. Vafa would look insanely stupid.

Back I heard stories of players getting off due to umpire spelling the players name wrong.

He won’t get off. Dw about that. Vafa would look insanely stupid.

Nearly as stupid as the Whitefrairs supporters on here. He got 3 weeks, move on and concentrate on how you guys can make it up the grades. For Krusering to suggest other action..... its been a while since you posted on VAFA but your intelligence definitely hasn't increased in the time you have been away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nearly as stupid as the Whitefrairs supporters on here. He got 3 weeks, move on and concentrate on how you guys can make it up the grades. For Krusering to suggest other action..... its been a while since you posted on VAFA but your intelligence definitely hasn't increased in the time you have been away

Its a poor assumption to think we are necessarily whitefriars. i am certainly not. however, I did see the footage of the incident and hope he gets everything he deserves for the unprovoked dog act.

Is it true that OP withdrew the appeal because Kandalakis was too much of a coward to face the tribunal?

Fair enough, there has been some clear hostility on this board of late, let's have a D2 trivia contest to settle everyone down.

1- I am green
2- I am the captain of my club
3- I lack respect for my club and the league
4- I prefer hitting players off the ball than celebrating with my teammates
5- I will likely cost my club a premiership

First one to answer gets immunity from king hits* for 12 months

*pending OPs approval

Fair enough, there has been some clear hostility on this board of late, let's have a D2 trivia contest to settle everyone down.

1- I am green
2- I am the captain of my club
3- I lack respect for my club and the league
4- I prefer hitting players off the ball than celebrating with my teammates
5- I will likely cost my club a premiership

First one to answer gets immunity from king hits* for 12 months

*pending OPs approval
Time to let it go mate.

Judging by the lack of tribunal results put up I dare say the rumours of appeal were true.

How the club actually wasted an ounce of energy on that is staggering. Couldn’t be more guilty and the chances of being cleared were nil.

Judging by the lack of tribunal results put up I dare say the rumours of appeal were true.

How the club actually wasted an ounce of energy on that is staggering. Couldn’t be more guilty and the chances of being cleared were nil.

Poor old Whitefriars, just Concentrate on d2 in 2019.

Lets put a couple of facts to the story:

1) No appeal and didn't even consider an appeal - took the 3 weeks and didn't even question the verdict
2) Uni High supplied the video to the league

Krusering, your lack of intelligence astounds me.

1) No appeal and didn't even consider an appeal - took the 3 weeks and didn't even question the verdict

OP did appeal and then withdrew this appeal mid arvo yesterday. This is fact old timer and about 3-4 regular posters in this thread are all over it, as they are closely related to VAFA house. But nice try.
Anyway..good decision to withdraw it. Was not going to end well for player or club.
Time to all move on and watch what should be a cracker of a GF. Uni for me.

Sorry old timer you're wrong.

An appeal was made it was to be heard last night however parade withdrew appeal around 3pm yesterday afternoon. Probably because of the bad attention they were receiving from the vafa community and because there was no hope of getting it off.
Don't try to cover up the shambles parade has put them self through the past week.

Im not surprised Uni High supplied footage if they had it - smart by them.
However, it should not matter in the slightest how the footage was received. the only thing that matters is justice was served.

I Hope kandilakis can learn from other captains/players in this league going forward and apologize to the bloke he hit unprovoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back