D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Walking the fish around the lake yesterday when I dropped into Lindsay Hassett.
Talking to wicks mates, they had around 13-14 magnets on the back of the board and another dozen or so from the twos all unavailable for different reasons. And the scoreboard showed it unfortunately.

Highlight of the day was former SMD coach call wicks players Fat c-bombs while playing with his kids, who then cowered away when confronted by wicks supporters and a SMD spectator shoving a wicks player in the last quarter then accosting him in the club room post match.
I wouldn’t want to be confronted by Wicks supporters, they have a bad habit of coward punching people

SMD players and supporters are most likely spawned from the Albert Park Lake. One amazing fact I recently learned about Axolotls is that they can regenerate (if they lose a body part). This is quite similar to SMD club who seemed gone for all money only a few seasons ago. Shame really as would like to see the back of them
Insertion alert. A fact that i recently learned about the Bulleen 2s is that they have conceded 800 more points than any other team this year, with a % below 10!!. Talk about gone for all money.

Insertion alert. A fact that i recently learned about the Bulleen 2s is that they have conceded 800 more points than any other team this year, with a % below 10!!. Talk about gone for all money.
Not surprising, think they have had 2x 300 point losses (WF + MHSOB) and an almost 200 point loss (nobs)

Surely teams arnt playing there strongest sides against them!!

Good on them for sticking it out and getting a team on the park each week, wouldn’t be easy for them

I wouldn’t want to be confronted by Wicks supporters, they have a bad habit of coward punching people
Be careful Mr Peanuts as the VAFA couldn't prove these were Wicks supporters, even though the Wicks sent the video of the game to the police in the thugs defence. Very community minded of them, sending in "evidence" to support someone they didn't even know.

Not surprising, think they have had 2x 300 point losses (WF + MHSOB) and an almost 200 point loss (nobs)

Surely teams arnt playing there strongest sides against them!!

Good on them for sticking it out and getting a team on the park each week, wouldn’t be easy for them
Yep it sucks sometimes doesn't it, but great on BT for putting out a squad each week. As much as its a percentage boost for others teams, please be careful. Last thing we need is another club to fold and leave the competition. They put out a few goals last week which was good at least.

Be careful Mr Peanuts as the VAFA couldn't prove these were Wicks supporters, even though the Wicks sent the video of the game to the police in the thugs defence. Very community minded of them, sending in "evidence" to support someone they didn't even know.
Careful with the language calling that guy a pean*t that's not going to help the matter

are you the longmuir from swans or Fremantle? big fan either way cheers

Brunswick
SMD
Wattle Park
MH
SMS

If we win next week, MH to 4th dependent on MH winning. If we win and MH lose, we go to 6th, Friars to 5th and MH to 7th and Hawthorn go to 4th. If Friars win and MH lose, there is a one game gap between 4th and the rest. If Friars win and MH win both stay on same points but us and Hawthorn go another game back. There's a lot hanging on next week. Relegation will be Aquinas and BT, but all other teams in the hunt still for the illustrious 4th spot. Us and SMS cannot lose or find ourselves 3 games back. Hawthorn, MH and Friars gunning for the 4th. Friars with the better percentage and are finding form but can't afford to drop games against lower opposition like SMS. We had a bright start this year in D2 when not many expected us to have a good crack but now with 5 losses in a row it makes it tricky, but we are still in the hunt.

In the reserves it looks like its between MH and Brunswick and potentially SMS. Will be an interesting matchup in Round 17 to see which team is the better. Brunswick have dispatched everyone in the 2s except a close one against SMD. Could they also be peaking too early? Only time will tell. MH after losing to Brunswick have found their form, comfortably beating Friars and SMS who are the other top 4 fancies, however their closest win was against us, we shouldn't of dropped that game, especially at home. This does give us a glimmer of hope, but with some returning faces we will be a powerhouse for the second half of the year I reckon.

Keen to see my animals beat the WF. Hoping everyone enjoys the rep footy weekend it's pretty decent quality. Congrats to Sam Kieseker for being the only player to represent division 2, has not been talked about, he's a gun!

Last edited:
Brunswick
SMD
Wattle Park
MH
SMS

If we win next week, MH to 4th dependent on MH winning. If Wattle win and MH lose, we go to 5th and Hawthorn go to 4th. If Friars win and MH lose, there is a one game gap between 4th and the rest. If Friars win and MH win both stay on same points. There's a lot hanging on next week. Relegation will be Aquinas and BT, but all other teams in the hunt still for the illustrious 4th spot. Us and SMS cannot lose or find themselves 3 games back. MH Hawthorn and Friars gunning for the 4th. Friars with the better percentage and are finding form, but so are MH. We had a bright start this year in D2 when not many expected us to have a good crack but now with 5 losses in a row it makes it tricky, but we are still in the hunt.

In the reserves it looks like its between MH and Brunswick. Will be an interesting matchup in Round 17 to see which team is the better. Brunswick have dispatched everyone in the 2s except a close one against SMD. MH after losing to Brunswick have found their form, comfortably beating Friars and SMS who are the other top 4 fancies.

Keen to see my animals beat the Friars. Hoping everyone enjoys the rep footy weekend. Congrats to Sam Kieseker for being the only player to represent division 2, has not been talked about, he's a gun!

Looks like it’s down to 6 teams in the reserves with SMD sitting 1 game out of the 4 and flying at the moment
Hawthorn 2 games out of the 4

Good to see the finals race well alive in both grades at this point of the year. Plenty to play for and plenty of games left to come that will shape the 4

Looks like it’s down to 6 teams in the reserves with SMD sitting 1 game out of the 4 and flying at the moment
Hawthorn 2 games out of the 4

Good to see the finals race well alive in both grades at this point of the year. Plenty to play for and plenty of games left to come that will shape the 4
Yep for sure, great to see the division so tight between the 1s and 2s. All teams are in it besides Aquinas and BT in the 1's and 2's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back