D3 Division 3 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn got what they deserved, glen eira 2's started the job last week. Part time tough guys, very good with the snipe, but go missing when it's time to put the head over the ball. Quick to back down when confronted by an opponent of size and experience. Numbers 1, 24 and 21 in particular cowards when crunch time came. Scores flattered them.

Never start a fight you can't win and finish. Tell that to the Hawthorn coach. saw plenty of backdowns when confronted, that's called cowardice.

Its been an interesting year in D3

Best clubs to have a drink with at their ground: Canterbury and South Melb.
Worst clubs Aquinas and UHSVU. No room at Swinburne.
Arrogant clubs Aquinas, Hawthorn and UHSVU
Cheating reserves umpires; Well you all know who i'm talking about.
Thugs: Hawthorn. Mention Power house who are tryhard thugs

Special thanks to the clubs that stayed behind to have a drink at our ground.

We are now officially the Glen Eira Gryphons. Same jumpers but new logo and hopefully we will go ok in D2.

Am I right in suggesting number 96 as well?
They had several that crapped themselves when camped under a high ball, think he was one of them. On the other side the club captain of GE, was knocked out by an assault from behind, dislocated a finger, but continued to take pack marks and lead from the front. I know which side I'd want to be with in the trenches. Still, respect to Hawthorn, they won the minor premiership and celebrated that hard several weeks ago.

Hawthorn got what they deserved, glen eira 2's started the job last week. Part time tough guys, very good with the snipe, but go missing when it's time to put the head over the ball. Quick to back down when confronted by an opponent of size and experience. Numbers 1, 24 and 21 in particular cowards when crunch time came. Scores flattered them.
I'm more surprised how NB only managed to finish 6th on the ladder that year

24 is a mule, built like a bull and can play footy, however, is as cowardly as they come and is a fake tough guy. Often hits hard off the ball or hits late. Tries to intimidate others but generally that doesnt work in finals

and that was a surprise, looking back at results, a close win against chadstone and losses to Mt.Lillydale almost de-railed them, definitely an interesting year that was full of surprises

Its been an interesting year in D3

Best clubs to have a drink with at their ground: Canterbury and South Melb.
Worst clubs Aquinas and UHSVU. No room at Swinburne.
Arrogant clubs Aquinas, Hawthorn and UHSVU
Cheating reserves umpires; Well you all know who i'm talking about.
Thugs: Hawthorn. Mention Power house who are tryhard thugs

Special thanks to the clubs that stayed behind to have a drink at our ground.

We are now officially the Glen Eira Gryphons. Same jumpers but new logo and hopefully we will go ok in D2.

That's a POST from a Glen Eira Official
Clubs have long memories!

THE EYE
:oops:

Not an official but a follower for over 40 years. Would you like to say what is wrong with what I said or have the guts to nominate what club you are from.

Going back you said you were the timekeeper [official enough] - My club [middle these days] is obvious from my poster name - Ex player who likes to reveal the real!
Clubs you have nominated as arrogant etc along with Hawthorn will remember.

THE EYE
:huh:

Going back you said you were the timekeeper [official enough] - My club [middle these days] is obvious from my poster name - Ex player who likes to reveal the real!
Clubs you have nominated as arrogant etc along with Hawthorn will remember.

THE EYE
:huh:
I would suggest an official of the club is a committee member not a volunteer who helps out at home games as a timekeeper when required.

We (Canterbury) have played against local rival Hawthorn in two of our three seasons in the VAFA. We have never beaten them. They have smacked us three of the four times we played them - the other was closer but they still won comfortably. In all of those games they have mouthed, provoked, sniped and generally behaved incredibly arrogantly on the field. Now don't get me wrong - I like arrogance. But you have to be able to back it up.
They have huge numbers, they have bigger bodies, they have really good players, they believe they are the best.
They have no premiership flags.
None.
During the last flogging we copped, I did invite one of their players to come in the rooms, have a beer, and have a look at the two flags we won last year because it will be his only chance to see one. He didn't.
He should have taken the chance.
Sometimes I write posts like this and then I delete them before pressing Post Reply.
Not this time

We (Canterbury) have played against local rival Hawthorn in two of our three seasons in the VAFA. We have never beaten them. They have smacked us three of the four times we played them - the other was closer but they still won comfortably. In all of those games they have mouthed, provoked, sniped and generally behaved incredibly arrogantly on the field. Now don't get me wrong - I like arrogance. But you have to be able to back it up.
They have huge numbers, they have bigger bodies, they have really good players, they believe they are the best.
None.
During the last flogging we copped, I did invite one of their players to come in the rooms, have a beer, and have a look at the two flags we won last year because it will be his only chance to see one. He didn't.
Sometimes I write posts like this and then I delete them before pressing Post Reply.
Not this time
Great post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None.
Not this time

Seems like this sums up many clubs opinions Fosters. Can't be all wrong.

None.
Not this time

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:

Last edited:
None.
Not this time
You forgot their club 18 flags from a group called Hawthorn but not even associated with the club really.

Love the fact that the 'Gryphons' could very well be promoted(?) to D2 for 2017 season which is the section they are registered for in the 2016 season.
Glen Eira Gryphons for 2017!

Just looking back at some old posts. Looks like Gatorboy was on the money. Well done to the Gryphons. Are we allowed to call you that yet Killerwasp?

Just looking back at some old posts. Looks like Gatorboy was on the money. Well done to the Gryphons. Are we allowed to call you that yet Killerwasp?

Glen Eira Gryphons has a nice ring to it. Interested to see how they go in higher division once the euphoria from the partnership has worn off. Never good to lose a club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back