D3 Division 3 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the best mark I've seen in local footy at Albert Park a year or two ago. Great jump & super hands.

He was by far the best player we played against this year. Both times we played them, he blew the game apart off his own boot. Worthy winner.

How McLaren polled so many votes in a side that got pumped every week is beyond me.

If the weather plays a part on Sunday, which coach has more tricks up his sleeve to influence the outcome?

It's a very good day for football. I understand #96 (aka the most arrogant outside front runner in the VAFA) got belted figuratively and literally. That's a shame.

Before the game started he belted Ashy on the wing and later got steamrolled and sooked! Won't be drinking FOSTERS tonight. They had blokes more interested in hitting saints off the ball rather than have a go at it. Too old and slow. Missed the winner of the medal?? Nearly at the rooms ...you beauty.

Congratulations Glen Eira, outplayed us all day. Deserved to be Premiers. Enjoy the celebrations.
Well played Zeroseven. You never had the guts to say hello but enjoy the beers tonight. You blokes have earned them!
See you next year.

Congratulations Glen Eira, outplayed us all day. Deserved to be Premiers. Enjoy the celebrations.
Well played Zeroseven. You never had the guts to say hello but enjoy the beers tonight. You blokes have earned them!
See you next year.

Looked for you but not sure who you are - nice bunch of snipers you have assembled. Noticed a majority of true Hawks supporters in the bar all day when they should have been out actively supporting. Hope you were not in there leading from the rear??

Looked for you but not sure who you are - nice bunch of snipers you have assembled. Noticed a majority of true Hawks supporters in the bar all day when they should have been out actively supporting. Hope you were not in there leading from the rear??

Graciousness at its best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a past Glenhuntly player it was a great result yesterday. 22 years in the making. Glen Eira / Monash Gryphons, it doesn't really matter does it. Afterall we have the cup and that's all that counts in the end.
The hawks had some great players that tried all day and at time looked like they might get a roll on. Both sides couldn't seem to break past centre half forward for most of the first 3 quarters of the game. In the end the running legs and tenacity of the Saints steam rolled a bigger and heavier opponent who looked like they gave up after the Saints kicked the first in the last.
It was just a shame that there were a number of hawks players more intent on belting the smaller players in the Saints side than playing the ball. If you want to play that rubbish go and play in the Southern league.

Well done Saints!!

As a past Glenhuntly player it was a great result yesterday. 22 years in the making. Glen Eira / Monash Gryphons, it doesn't really matter does it. Afterall we have the cup and that's all that counts in the end.
The hawks had some great players that tried all day and at time looked like they might get a roll on. Both sides couldn't seem to break past centre half forward for most of the first 3 quarters of the game. In the end the running legs and tenacity of the Saints steam rolled a bigger and heavier opponent who looked like they gave up after the Saints kicked the first in the last.
It was just a shame that there were a number of hawks players more intent on belting the smaller players in the Saints side than playing the ball. If you want to play that rubbish go and play in the Southern league.

Well done Saints!!

The All Seeing EYE did not see this one but the above seems like a common thread?
Might be like their namesakes.

THE EYE
?

As a keen follower of the Divisons I sometimes wonder at the vitriol thrown at the Hawks? Is it a bit tall poppy stuff. Looking at the results over the last four years they have only lost 8 home and away games (5 in 2015), finished on top of ladder 3 times, been promoted twice and contested 2GF's. Would be the best winning percentage of any club over that time in the Vafa.

Interested to get views on why the hate.

Last edited:
Well done to GE, I didn't expect to see such a one sided scoreline.

D3 in 2017 opens right up now in my eyes. La Trobe and UHS early favs, without knowing a great deal about the two teams coming up. Based on previous history im sure they will be there or there abouts.

As a keen follower of the Divisons I sometimes wonder at the vitriol thrown at the Hawks? Is it a bit tall poppy stuff. Looking at the results over the last four years they have only lost 8 home and away games (5 in 2015), finished on top of ladder 3 times, been promoted twice and contested 2GF's. Would be the best winning percentage of any club over that time in the Vafa.

Well Red. Not tall poppy because they have won NOTHING in there 20 odd year history. They got caught playing an unregistered player who got rubbed out under someone else's name and then still tried to get out of it. Dropped a grade and officials outed for a number of years. Div 4 didn't welcome their attitude and thankfully the family club W Brunswick did the right thing. Their reserves have been a protected species because of their well documented last two "special umpires!" Soon as finals start straight out.

Yesterday was a disgrace. The medalist, Harro, along with Big Jules and others were unfairly targeted many times but continued to get up and play the game. They have never developed juniors and rely on the Biff. Well it got them nowhere yesterday as usual.

Don't hate them actually feel sorry for them! They have lost the unloseable twice.

Imagine only losing 8 home and away games in four years without a premiership to their name? Jeez that would sting.

In all those years, with all that vitriol being thrown around, I can't recall a single neutral supporter jumping to their defence. Says plenty about the club.

Imagine only losing 8 home and away games in four years without a premiership to their name? Jeez that would sting.

In all those years, with all that vitriol being thrown around, I can't recall a single neutral supporter jumping to their defence. Says plenty about the club.

The greatest moments in hawks history was losing to WB in the GF in an unloseable GF
And then Losing to the 6th placed Northern Blues in the first finals by 10 goals (How does that happen)

It's a very good day for football. I understand a certain Hawthorn wingman (aka the most arrogant outside front runner in the VAFA) got belted figuratively and literally. That's a shame.
Hawthorn got what they deserved, glen eira 2's started the job last week. Part time tough guys, very good with the snipe, but go missing when it's time to put the head over the ball. Quick to back down when confronted by an opponent of size and experience. Numbers 1, 24 and 21 in particular cowards when crunch time came. Scores flattered them.

Hawthorn got what they deserved, glen eira 2's started the job last week. Part time tough guys, very good with the snipe, but go missing when it's time to put the head over the ball. Quick to back down when confronted by an opponent of size and experience. Numbers 1, 24 and 21 in particular cowards when crunch time came. Scores flattered them.

Am I right in suggesting number 96 as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back