D4 Division 4 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never drew that conclusion at all. If you read the post you will see that I have simply suggested that as VAFA D4 is in fact 7th division you would logically think that EFL Div 4 would be stronger. Have never played in either so just an educated guess really. So what’s you take then?

Top teams D3, bottom teams D4, Surrey Park (last year), Donnybrook u/9s

thanks for that guys. i think there are more teams in the vafa so there ought to be more divisions. but yeah somewhere between 2 and 4 sounds about right

It's good to hear that Chadstone is 'flying'.
Would it be a good idea to have a practice match organised between Chadstone and North Sunshine.
I'm sure such an event would attract beneficial media coverage, notwithstanding that it would be advantageous for both clubs in terms of recruitment advertising. :thumbsu:

It's good to hear that Chadstone is 'flying'.
Would it be a good idea to have a practice match organised between Chadstone and North Sunshine.
I'm sure such an event would attract beneficial media coverage, notwithstanding that it would be advantageous for both clubs in terms of recruitment advertising. :thumbsu:

Not to sure what the plans are with their practice matches. Maybe make contact with the club officials.

Fantastic to see that Chadstone are flying, looking forward to see the clubs progress throughout the pre-season. Hopefully for the comp and chaddy they will be competitive this season. Has Chaddy picked up a few players?

Thought I would get some discussion going.

Who are your nominations in the following categories?

Premiers:
Top 4:
Big Improvers:
Big Sliders:
League Medal:
Goal Kicking:

Premiers: West Brunswick (Always go straight back up don't they?)
Top 4: WB, Sout Morn, Swinburne, Eley Park
Big Improvers: South Mornington (Stability at coach should help)
Big Sliders: Mt Lilydale (They need a new ground.)
League Medal: Cisco
Goal Kicking: Some dude from WB or SM.

Chadstone to win a few games this year...
I think the Tigers will be hard to beat.

Premiers: West Brunswick (Always go straight back up don't they?)
Top 4: WB, Sout Morn, Swinburne, Eley Park
Big Improvers: South Mornington (Stability at coach should help)
Big Sliders: Mt Lilydale (They need a new ground.)
League Medal: Cisco
Goal Kicking: Some dude from WB or SM.

Chadstone to win a few games this year...
I think the Tigers will be hard to beat.

You're not one of us anymore Waz. You can't just waltz in here and drop your comments anymore, but then again the way things have been quiet here lately, you would think you were the main man getting discussion here happening in the past - I think you were!

Anyway, I agree!
Going by history in this forum, let's just all accept that those who came down are going to play off in the GF because there's always a magical spark that occurs when you get hammered in D3 then come back down!

I think EP will be quite hungry and I'll throw in there SM and SU. Chadstone definitely going to improve which is fantastic.

No one rating the Snakes on D3 forum??? How are your guys traveling?

Everyone has RC coming last in the D3 forums Kotsa.

Fair enough I suppose.. We haven't done anything to prove otherwise.

Waz, Who knows how any teams will go this year. All comes down to recruiting, Injuries and how much the club wants it.

Well done on a fantastic rebuild at Richmond, after all those years of being down in the dumps I admire what you have done for the club. Best of luck in D3, I am sure that you guys will do well.

Premiers:
Top 4:
Big Improvers:
Big Sliders:
League Medal:
Goal Kicking:

Top4: who know's, depending on injuries and recruits.(pressure is always on the recruiting department this time of year isn't it?)

Big Improver's: Well I am hoping that Chady are, they need to be.

Big Sliders: I think Eley Park are due, again depending on recruits, they have to many older players and each pre-season is only going to get harder. However, they are a very good club but I think that they have had there chances to go up.

League Medal: There is a couple players on my mind at the moment but I will wait until end of Feb to answer that when the clubs transfers come through. Each team I am sure are going to get a few new players of quality.

Goal Kicking: I am hoping that a Box Hill North player will win this, however I believe there is a lot of goal kicking Mid fielders that will take goals away from the forwards this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waz, Who knows how any teams will go this year. All comes down to recruiting, Injuries and how much the club wants it.

Well done on a fantastic rebuild at Richmond, after all those years of being down in the dumps I admire what you have done for the club. Best of luck in D3, I am sure that you guys will do well.

Well said TT!
Once again, well down to Waz and his team last year. Just goes to prove that every now and then, it's not always the teams that come down that go straight back up. So there's hope for every team, or at least we all get to feel that this time of the year!

Premiers:
Top 4:
Big Improvers:
Big Sliders:
League Medal:
Goal Kicking:

Premiers: Swin (but gee I hope not cant stand them)
Top 4: Swin, WB, MtL, PC
Big Improvers: PC, young team need to win away, alway good kids coming through
Big Sliders: SM, more hoping than any real idea on this one!!
League Medal: based on the vote from last year who knows!
Goal Kicking:???

Can't see any improvment from Chaddy (sorry) just dont have the draw that RC had (given location) to attact players?

Yeah agree with Point cook as big improvers. Like close rivals Werribee Amateurs, Point Cook have the junior system in place that can feed a strong future senior side. This will be possibly the second year the junior 18's have come right through juniors and fed into seniors so im expecting a couple of very handy junior players will strengthen their list. Also the signing of Langfield should help hugely. With a young list you need strong characters and Langers will be just that. Loud and a relentless worker across half forward. Great pick up and I'd love to see them make the Grand final to reward hard work from Frazer.

Yeah agree with Point cook as big improvers. Like close rivals Werribee Amateurs, Point Cook have the junior system in place that can feed a strong future senior side. This will be possibly the second year the junior 18's have come right through juniors and fed into seniors so im expecting a couple of very handy junior players will strengthen their list. Also the signing of Langfield should help hugely. With a young list you need strong characters and Langers will be just that. Loud and a relentless worker across half forward. Great pick up and I'd love to see them make the Grand final to reward hard work from Frazer.

Think Faz maybe the change you need to make next to take the GF step, been great but may lack game plan side? simlar to where I think RC found themselve last year good list just lacked game Plan?? (although did make GF)

Probably worth mentioning - Point Cook have had about a dozen transfers from Geelong / Highlands / WRFL.... Busiest team in D4 as far as transfers go so far this year.... Is that just paperwork being done early on, or something for other teams to worry about?

Probably worth mentioning - Point Cook have had about a dozen transfers from Geelong / Highlands / WRFL.... Busiest team in D4 as far as transfers go so far this year.... Is that just paperwork being done early on, or something for other teams to worry about?

What league are their Under 18s in? Would imagine some of these would be their unders registering for their Senior teams.

Same thing has happened each year so that's not out of the ordinary. Natural improvement should see them definitely pushing for finals this year.
With all respect to pc, many clubs can get 12 players doesn't mean the players they get are any good! They should improve on field however as they have the largest area to get players from!

What league are their Under 18s in? Would imagine some of these would be their unders registering for their Senior teams.

Correct Bingle, The juniors right through from 9's to 18's are still wrfl. So they will be getting re registered as ammos.
The FAZ comments about his so called lack of game plan. Ive never seen him coach but have heard it maybe isnt his strongest point. But Point cook would not be too worried at this stage. He is a good face for the club and a good people person. For point cook its more about building a strong club from the bottom before they rise up the grades. Going up too quick could end in floggings and demotion which might scare juniors away from flowing through into the senior group. But it is time they won a final and 2013 push for a premiership. Good luck to all teams.

Granted, scoobie, but I had a look at the clearances and I recognize most of them as non junior registrations......

Some handy footballers coming from the juniors too. Under 18's won a flag last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back