D4 Division 4 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any footage of Chaddy singing the song?
On Facebook or other social media?
I'm sure that's footage 9 of the 10 clubs would be interested in seeing.
Congrats boys.

Gee a Point Cook reserves player reported... must be pretty serious for a 2's umpire to make a booking... Oh wait, it's the angry little umpire from BHN... He was picked last in every sport he played and must try to exert his power over all on the footy field... Wonder why it's taken him so long to report someone this year?
Well done to Chaddy! The tip rat picked you!!!

Tips Round 17:
NB by 2 goals over PC. NB to get it right this week, against a shaky PC side, pushed by chaddy, drew with BHN
SM by 15 goals over CH. Chaddy might not even turn up, or if they do they will still be drunk from celebrating.
EP by 10 goals over BHN. EP way too strong, even though BHN drew on the weekend.
MC by 20 goals over MTL. MTL going backwards at a steady rate.
SU by 2 goals over WB. WB to push the students all day.

Reserves:
NB,SM,EP,MC,WB.

Just noticed most are picking Mt Lilydale and West Brunswick to struggle a little this season. Maybe you know some things that I dont, but in the 8-9 years ive been involved with vafa from memory i think pretty much every side relegated to D4 comes down and does it fairly comfortably. I know this time of year we all seem to think this is the year. For a fact West Brunswick will be a stronger side than last season bar any major injuries which leads me to think they should just about go undefeated and as for Mt Lilydale they have run with two intra-club matches with around 60 blokes playing at each, by all reports nothing but a flag is good enough in 2012.

Surely the coach gets sacked after becoming the first team in 69 games to lose to Chadstone??!! Sitting 9th in the 1's and 8th in the 2's is a long way off from a flag!!!!!!!!!

The jump (or drop) to D3/D4 is not great. I imagine South Mornington would be in the top 3 this year in Div 3.

Wow - well done Chaddy!!!!!!! Great stuff!

And it couldn't have been against a better rabble. Looks like clubbies beckons for the sh*tfarmers.......
Surely the coach gets sacked after becoming the first team in 69 games to lose to Chadstone??!! Sitting 9th in the 1's and 8th in the 2's is a long way off from a flag!!!!!!!!!
Aside from the rumour swirling, can somebody please confirm the Mt Lilydale fallout from the weekend.

Sneako?
I am emerging from my cave to try and get some perspective and fact into the personal comments about Chaddy and Mt lilydale re performance and the clubbies issue and "sackings".
I have umpired both sides several times this season,Chaddy have shown vast improvement and in the latter part of the season can claim to be competitive,also consider the fact that in the first 6 games they played they had 6 broken bones.
Mt lilydale a similar story,this season 4 broken legs,2 broken jaws and an ACL for their captain his season over and an operation looming.
When considering comments about sackings and clubbies also consider if your clubs could have performed any better with these injuries???

This season D4 has stepped up several degrees, both individual players and clubs skills are climbing continually and from a white maggots perspective I see every week hard contests at the ball followed by an opposition hand grabbing a jumper to pull an opponent up of the turf,great contests but respect for each other.The chaddy game against the lillies was a shinning example.

What a round of D4 footy. Chadstones 1st win if 4 years, EP just getting over the line against NB and the draw between PC and BHN.

Why can't every round be that exciting!

Hey guys, just using all avenues, I have facebooked, tweeted, sent emails and left messages, updated our website and now using Big Footy. The game against Chadstone this week has been moved to Bunguyan Reserve, Tyabb. It's off Frankston-Flinders Rd Tyabb, next to the United service station.

I am emerging from my cave to try and get some perspective and fact into the personal comments about Chaddy and Mt lilydale re performance and the clubbies issue and "sackings".
I have umpired both sides several times this season,Chaddy have shown vast improvement and in the latter part of the season can claim to be competitive,also consider the fact that in the first 6 games they played they had 6 broken bones.
Mt lilydale a similar story,this season 4 broken legs,2 broken jaws and an ACL for their captain his season over and an operation looming.
When considering comments about sackings and clubbies also consider if your clubs could have performed any better with these injuries???

This season D4 has stepped up several degrees, both individual players and clubs skills are climbing continually and from a white maggots perspective I see every week hard contests at the ball followed by an opposition hand grabbing a jumper to pull an opponent up of the turf,great contests but respect for each other.The chaddy game against the lillies was a shinning example.

All teams have injuries.

If the D4 comp has stepped up, then lets hope the umpiring votes in the league medal has also stepped up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee a Point Cook reserves player reported... must be pretty serious for a 2's umpire to make a booking... Oh wait, it's the angry little umpire from BHN... He was picked last in every sport he played and must try to exert his power over all on the footy field... Wonder why it's taken him so long to report someone this year?
Well done to Chaddy! The tip rat picked you!!!

Tips Round 17:
NB by 2 goals over PC. NB to get it right this week, against a shaky PC side, pushed by chaddy, drew with BHN
SM by 15 goals over CH. Chaddy might not even turn up, or if they do they will still be drunk from celebrating.
EP by 10 goals over BHN. EP way too strong, even though BHN drew on the weekend.
MC by 20 goals over MTL. MTL going backwards at a steady rate.
SU by 2 goals over WB. WB to push the students all day.

Reserves:
NB,SM,EP,MC,WB.

NB v PC. Its been a long season and perhaps PC showing signs of fatigue or are they resting a few given their spot in the 4 was sealed weeks ago? NB probably the most consistant team outside the 4. Think may sneak home by 7 points

SM v CH. No one could begrudge the synners a historic breakthrough win. Although starting rank outsiders this week, SM have lost that early season aura especially since Albrecht has been missing through injury. SM by 40 points

EP v BHN. Another game that 3-4 weeks would have been chalked up a win for EP. BHN match up really well & EP seem to be finding ways to hang on. This will be close, EP by 10 points.

MC v MTL. MTL have too many good players missing and MC are slowly building a good side. MC take better form into this one. Cobras by 21.

WB v SU. WB have competed well in recent times especially at home. The state of their ground a factor. SU keep etching out solid wins and must go into this as favorites. SU by 4 goals.

Box hill nth nearly got the choccies against a top 4 side again..

They must be scratching their heads wondering what might of been if they played like this all year!

Swinburne boys might be tired in the legs this week. Could imagine the bog at West Brunswick was at its finest!

Good to see our boys put 4 quarters together. However I think a big month from nth has taken its toll. So a big win by the PC underdogs!

Looking forward to final round, and last home game!

Can chaddy have one more win? A few weeks ago, I thought this would be it, but BHN are going well. BHN by 25 points

North Brunswick to get over Manningham by a small margin.

South Mornington vs Swinny ! Wow wee! Can Swinny win at home? Sth mornington by 3 goals

Eley park are hard to beat at home! They will win.

Point cook to win - pure bias.

Just wondering on peoples thoughts for the D4 team of the year?

From Box Hill North, I would say that Mike Causer and Dan Penny should make it.

Mike Causer has played 11 games for the club this season, with at least 5-6 best on grounds. Causer has been named in the best for BHN 8/11 games that he has played. Causer has been a massive difference as to why BHN has been doing very well in the last month. With his ruck work and around the ground skills, he would have to be one of the best ruckman in the league at the moment.

Dan Penny- With 55 goals to his name, being in the best for BHN 10 times this season you would think he would have to make it. Lately Penny has been spending a lot of time in the midfield, hence why he hasn't been kicking as many goals as he would have if he was playing forward. His skill, defensive pressure and leadership is second to none.

Toby Manning is another outsider for mine. For a guy that has only played a couple seasons of football he is a freak. Playing off the half back line he has done a brilliant job for BHN. Another big reason why BHN have done well in the last month since he has been back from working interstate.

To be honest without disrespecting any other clubs I don't really know other players. I know this season with the comp having so many good players there could be at least 40/50 people that could be named.

Good luck to the teams that are going to be playing finals this season.

While we are nominating i'll put forward the following :

FB: Nathan Wheeler (SM)
HB: Nathan Brodie (SM)
HB: Corstorphin (EP)
CHB: Michael Clark (SM)
C: Ben Price (SM)
C: Jake Dade Bell (SM)
FP: Richie Spencer (SM)
FF: Jesse Albrecht (SM)
Tom Mitchell (SM)
Ruck: Scott Smith (SM)
Irving (WB)

Yes I may be biased being involved with SM but all these blokes deserve a spot.

A lot of south mornington players should be there.

Hopefully a few point cook guys get recognition they deserve!

Forwards pick themselves - defenders will be tough.

Keith Kavanagh & Rick Munn have been excellent for us down back.

Swinburne and Eley park should be pretty well represented.

Notaro, Irving, Penny are all certainties.

Not an easy job. Hopefully 3-5 point cook blokes get in.

There's always a few stiff!

I would agree that SM should have and are deserved to have lots of players in the team of the year.

HF: Notaro (NB) MacPherson (MC) Penny (BHN)
FF: Spencer (SM) Alberecht (SM) Viola (EP)

Pretty handy forward line.....

Someone else can have a crack at the rest....

With the amount of research that Gabelich lad does (hasn't contacted clubs once for info as far as I know) he is every chance to just pick the 22 who have been named in their team's bests the most.

With the amount of research that Gabelich lad does (hasn't contacted clubs once for info as far as I know) he is every chance to just pick the 22 who have been named in their team's bests the most.

Most accurate comment of the year. He is a fool.

i dont think spencer deserves a spot. takes the second/third best defender every week yet has only kicked 6 goals in 5 games against top four opposition!!!!

Has played down back many times this year, one when our FB went down with an ankle against Eley Park. Very Versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back