Swinburne University - 68
Point Cook - 66
Manningham Cobras - 50
North Brunswick - 48
Box Hill North - 48
West Brunswick - 45
Mt Lilydale - 32
Chadstone - 26

Interesting that in Round 10 we won by 106, Albrecht kicked 8, Spencer 6, absolutely killed them and the Box Hill North player gets the 3 votes?? We did have a good spread getting 78 of the 108 available but the mind boggles a bit at decisions like these!

And Costorphin tore us a new one in R13 against Eley Park and didn't get a vote!

Yep, always going to be the odd anomoly (as per above), but nothing like the farce that was 2011.

Ruck Machines ladder stats show they got it basically right.

For all my umpire bashing, they seemed to have been put straight in 2012 by the Wallbanger. Will need to remind them though every year as no doubt they will slip up as they get older - Tugger must be about 95 by now....:):)

Interesting that in Round 10 we won by 106, Albrecht kicked 8, Spencer 6, absolutely killed them and the Box Hill North player gets the 3 votes?? We did have a good spread getting 78 of the 108 available but the mind boggles a bit at decisions like these!

That seems to happen a bit with BHN, who umpired you blokes that day?

As the player who got those votes, I'm a little bit embarrassed as I don't think I got near it that day.
The only feasible reason I can think of is that the umpire filled in the vote sheet upside down. There were definitely more worthy vote recipitants on the day.

Overall though I think the winner was deserved so don't let this over analysis take anything away from him.

As the player who got those votes, I'm a little bit embarrassed as I don't think I got near it that day.
The only feasible reason I can think of is that the umpire filled in the vote sheet upside down. There were definitely more worthy vote recipitants on the day.

Overall though I think the winner was deserved so don't let this over analysis take anything away from him.

But you are a very attractive man Jethro...perhaps you gave the umpy a sly wink??? o_O

And Costorphin tore us a new one in R13 against Eley Park and didn't get a vote!

Yep, always going to be the odd anomoly (as per above), but nothing like the farce that was 2011.

Ruck Machines ladder stats show they got it basically right.

For all my umpire bashing, they seemed to have been put straight in 2012 by the Wallbanger. Will need to remind them though every year as no doubt they will slip up as they get older - Tugger must be about 95 by now....:):)
NOT QUITE HARVEY but I am seven years older than my teeth

Well South Mornington versus Swinburne in both games. I for one didn't see that coming. Someone that was at the ground - was it blowing a gale in the third for the seniors?

Milney made his way down there for the first time this finals series, and Eley Park were spent in the third quarter. They were a man up when a Swinny player got red carded late into the 2nd but couldn't get their hands on the ball! Should be a cracking contest this week. Good luck to all involved.

Milney made his way down there for the first time this finals series, and Eley Park were spent in the third quarter. They were a man up when a Swinny player got red carded late into the 2nd but couldn't get their hands on the ball! Should be a cracking contest this week. Good luck to all involved.

So Swinburne kicked away one man short? Impressive. Seeing you want to take over the record writing next year Milney - what would you article for this weeks big conclusion be?

Seniors
South Mornington vs Swinburne Uni - A really really tough pick. The last 2 games have both been thrillers. South Mornington with some time to heal up and Swinburne with a massive confidence building win over Eley Park. Albrecht vs Mauran in the key match up IMO. I say Albrecht will win the battle and kick 5 goals. SM to win by 5 points.

Reserves
South Mornington vs Swinburne Uni - I have to go with SM in this one. The fact the BHN beat Swinburne in the reserves (round 13) leads me to this conclusion. South Mornington by 23 points.

Hassaballa will be a big out for Swinburne assuming they can't successfully challenge his report (which shouldn't have been a report).

I shall have a crack at my preview soon...

Shouldn't have been a report? From where i was looking, it was a pretty stupid thing to do and will cost him a grand final spot. Stomping on a player no matter how hard or soft is a pretty weak act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on the other side of the ground so I didn't have the best view of it, looked like the opponent was holding his leg though. Silly thing to do at this time of year either way.

I shall have a crack at my preview soon...

Shouldn't have been a report? From where i was looking, it was a pretty stupid thing to do and will cost him a grand final spot. Stomping on a player no matter how hard or soft is a pretty weak act.

A "weak act" is one that is deliberate and with intent. If that was the case here, I would suspect the Eley Park players would have flown the flag for their commarade. At the very least the player aggrieved would have looked to even up. Not sure if this actually occurred. Suggest being held by the leg maybe a contributing factor if thats what happended?

Anyways, me thinks in the magoos SU lads will be hot favorites having inflicted SM only two defeats for the year. Ruck Machines comments about their loss loss to BHN is valid but that was 7 weeks ago and in ressies footy that is alot of water under he bridge. Having a look at the squads, suggest the SU lads have bolstered their squad and will salute first on Saturday.

The seniors is quite interesting. 1 win each in consecutive weeks with only a kick between them. Which team has more momentum going into Sat? I think there is mutual respect and both teams have key players that must be stopped. SM's good players are known to all whereas they maybe a bit more mystery to the SU line up? Either way expect a classic GF with no quarter given and the victor will have earned this premiership. Too close to call.

The ruck battle will be interesting. Smith has been probably the premier D4 ruck over five years, and the SU rucks accounted for their EP counterparts with ease on Saturday.

Congratulations to both clubs on deservedly being promoted.

I think that Swinburne will take home the cup.

Sth are a good side, but they are either in decline or the rest of the competition are catching them.

Swinburne by 3 goals.

Really couldn't give a toss about the reserves cup. Nice for the players, but that's about it.

Anyways, me thinks in the magoos SU lads will be hot favorites having inflicted SM only two defeats for the year. Ruck Machines comments about their loss loss to BHN is valid but that was 7 weeks ago and in ressies footy that is alot of water under he bridge. Having a look at the squads, suggest the SU lads have bolstered their squad and will salute first on Saturday.

11 of the 22 that played on Saturday also played in the Round 13 loss to BHN ... quite a different team.

Still tipping SM though.

Glad to see two teams that RCAFC had some good battles with last year, coming up to join us in D3 next year! Had a really good rivalry with Swinburne last year so looking forward to the games next year already! However in saying that, we'll be lucky to have even hald of the 2011 side on our books for 2013.

South Mornington just won the granny by about 15 points...

Number 2 took some really good grabs and snagged 3 goals in the final quarter..

Did anyone else see the hit on Swinburne's number 10 in the first 10 minutes? Resulted in a red card. I was on the sideline about 10m away - at the wrong angle that kind of thing can break a guys neck... I didn't see the ump take his number at all. Good on the Swinburne players for not going over the top remonstrating as well.

I'm not sure who the player was... Basically he was charging out of the f50 as Swinburnes #10 was paddling the ball the other way trying to pick it up, the SM player hit him high at full pace. I honestly thought there would be a serious neck / head injury after hearing the smack, but thankfully he was able to get up and came on again later in the qtr... I know that penalties are always softer in local comps, and we don't have slo-mo, but if it was head high, which it did look like, the SM player deserved a few weeks IMO. Could've been much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back