D4 Division 4 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assume you mean SMD dropped off big time. SM are on the up.

What a difference a week makes. Eley Park - turned the corner, or flash in the pan? SMD look to be falling away badly.

Tips:
North Brunswick vs SFX. SFX got closer to Parkside than I expected, but away to the top side is a different story, especially after a hard game last week.
South Mornington vs Mt Lilydale. SM need to keep winning and winning big to close the gap in % with SMD and stay ahead of EP. Bye round in MPNFL means that SM may be able to get a few blokes on temporary transfers. MtL haven't done much since beating NB, making me think that this may have been more about NB being complacent than MtL being much good. SM fairly easily.
South Melbourne District vs Elsternwick. Will go with the upset. After a surprisingly good start, SMD have fallen in a hole. Depth may be an issue. Elsternwick, despite being so low on the ladder, have kicked some very respectable scores in recent weeks. Elsternwick by less than two goals.
Parkside vs Masala. Difficult to see Masala winning a game this year. If they do, it won't be this one.
Eley Park vs Box Hill Nth. What would have been a hard call 3 weeks ago is now a pretty sure thing. EP by about 40pts.

Up in D3, 4-game gap has opened up between 8th and 9th, making relegation just about a certainty. Albert Pk and Latrobe Uni to join D4 in 2019, unless one gets a reprieve due to departure of a club.

mpnfl bye was last week, cant get temp permits after june 30th anyway and as ive said in the past we have only used 2 guys from mpnfl for a total of 3 games so its not a big deal anyway
In other news at selection last night we cracked the ton, after tomorrow we would have used 101 players, 50 through the seniors haha

Nth Brunny 25pts
Sth Morno 1pt
Elsterwick 60pts (im hoping)
Parkside 125pts
Eley 30pts (go BHN)

Last edited:
cant get temp permits after june 30th anyway
Wasn't aware of this. My bad.
In other news at selection last night we cracked the ton, after tomorrow we would have used 101 players, 49 through the seniors haha
This is a gobsmacking number of players for any club, let alone one that fielded a single side last year. Where do you get them from? Where were they last year? What is with the massive churn through the seniors?

Remainder of the season looks to be a cracker to decide 3rd and 4th.

Sth Mornington v Eley Park is almost an loser goes out game while South Melb have Masala and St.Francis taking on Elsternwick.

Bring on a big round of footy!

Went and watched North Brunswick ans St Francis yesterday and really enjoyed a great game of suburban football, the only blemish was the kicking for goal by both teams.
A lot of strong contests and the tackling by both clubs was a particular highlight, standout players for me were #8, 14 and 27 for St Francis whilst for North Brunswick #20, 17 and 72.
Both teams played a great brand of footy and for a neutral supporter it was great to see a hard contest but also played in great spirit.
Having watched a lot of NFL division 3 previously I'd say both these teams would do well in that competition, I have been impressed by the conduct of both players and supporters in the games I've watched and makes a pleasant change from the the drunks you get in other leagues.

Went and watched North Brunswick ans St Francis yesterday and really enjoyed a great game of suburban football, the only blemish was the kicking for goal by both teams.
A lot of strong contests and the tackling by both clubs was a particular highlight, standout players for me were #8, 14 and 27 for St Francis whilst for North Brunswick #20, 17 and 72.
Both teams played a great brand of footy and for a neutral supporter it was great to see a hard contest but also played in great spirit.
Having watched a lot of NFL division 3 previously I'd say both these teams would do well in that competition, I have been impressed by the conduct of both players and supporters in the games I've watched and makes a pleasant change from the the drunks you get in other leagues.

Thanks for coming Down to Allard Park, Lemon Morang. Going to be another cracker at Allard Park this week vs Parkside. Come down and introduce yourself, and I will shout you a delicious Brunswick Bitter Schooner after the game ( iii be behind the bar)

Thanks for coming Down to Allard Park, Lemon Morang. Going to be another cracker at Allard Park this week vs Parkside. Come down and introduce yourself, and I will shout you a delicious Brunswick Bitter Schooner after the game ( iii be behind the bar)
Thanks Claudia, if I can offload the kids I might take you up on that offer;).

Croydon north is a vets club only at this stage. However they have a ground and I believe mt Lilydale are in a bit of strife regarding theirs. Croydon north were planning on getting up and running next year, in the efl I believe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn’t that kinda doing it arse about?

Most clubs start with juniors, then when they get old enough, the are the genesis of the senior club.

Starting with only Vets sounds very odd.

South Mornington & Eley Park now move even with South Melbourne & St Francis. Great 2nd half of the year by the two former to make a huge push for finals. I feel like SMD are the most vulnerable in the top 4, should be a great run home leading into finals. Quite a few teams a lot to play for. I'm going to do my best to go down and watch Parkside v NB in what could be a GF preview. I would have liked to go to the SM EPS game but a bit too far. Who are we tipping this week? I'll go with:
North Brunswick v Parkside - 18 points
Box Hill North v Mt Lilydale - 4 points
South Mornington v Eley Park - 13 points
Masala v South Melbourne - 85 points
St Francis v Elsterwick - 28 points

Thumping win to SM and a loss to SMD last week closes the gap in both points and %. Three way battle for 4th place (SFX level on points but % way ahead), but hard to see SMD reviving their fortunes.

R15 tips:
North Brunswick vs Parkside, otherwise known as the 2nd Semi Preview. Winner here would take a psychological edge to the 2nd semi - though being hot favourites would have its down side too. Think NB should be a bit too good at home.
Box Hill North vs Mt Lilydale. Line ball, but MtL has more wins so think they will squeak in.
South Mornington vs Eley Park, also known as the mock Elimination Final (though SMD are still about). EP are coming good at the right time but SM have bigger scalps to their name. Think SM reasonably comfortably.
Masala vs South Melbourne District. SMD have gone from 6-0 in their first six games to 2-6 from their next eight. They should be able to win this one though, surely.
St Francis Xavier vs Elsternwick. Elsternwick much improved in recent weeks but SFX still a level above them.

Last edited:
Quiet morning at work, so time to look ahead to the last 4 rounds...

North Brunswick (1st, 13-1).
Last 4 rounds: Parkside H, Eley Park A, Sth Morn H, SMD H
Likely run home: 3-1. May drop game to Parkside, or to SMD if resting players in last round.
Prediction: 16-2 (minor premiers).

Parkside (2nd, 11-3)
Last 4 rounds: North Brunswick A, BHN H, SMD H, Mt Lilydale A.
Likely: 3-1.
Prediction: 14-4 (2nd).

SFX (3rd, 8-6)
Last 4 rounds: Elsternwick H, Mt Lilydale A, BHN H, Eley Park A.
Likely: 3-1. Would say 4-0, but give respect to Elsternwick and Eley Pk for recent improvement.
Prediction: 11-7 (3rd).

SMD (4th, 8-6):
Last 4 rounds: Masala A, Sth Morn H, Parkside A, Nth Bruns H.
Likely: 1-3. Hard run home. Might get a 2nd win vs NB if the latter resting before finals.
Prediction: 9-9 (5th, on %).

Sth Mornington (5th, 8-6):
Last 4 rounds: Eley Park H, SMD A, Nth Bruns A, Elsternwick H.
Likely: 2-2. Very hard to pick. NB probable loss, others all line ball.
Prediction: 10-8 (4th).

Eley Park (6th, 8-6):
Last 4 rounds: Sth Morn A, Nth Bruns H, Elsternwick A, SFX H.
Likely: 1-3. Much better in recent weeks and are on a par with SM and Elst, but NB and SFX are pretty sure losses.
Prediction: 9-9 (6th, on %).

Elsternwick (7th, 6-8):
Last 4 rounds: SFX A, Masala H, Eley Park H, Sth Morn A.
Likely: 2-2. Masala definite win, EP and SM hard. Might beat EP, but probably not SM.
Prediction: 8-10 (7th).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting most people are picking SthM against EP when EP did them by 10 goals earlier in the year?

Nth Brun v Parkside should be a ripper!

Will be pretty interested to see Nth Brunny v Parkside result this week. I don’t think it will really matter who wins it, you learn more from a loss than a win in most cases. If this is to be a GF preview, who ever learn the most about their opposition could put themselves in the best position for September.

North Brunswick v Parkside - 30 points
Box Hill North v Mt Lilydale - 6 points
South Mornington v Eley Park - 18 points
Masala v South Melbourne - 54 points
St Francis v Elsternwick - 2 points

Last edited:
North Brunswick v Parkside - 130 points

North Brunswick to beat Parkside by 130 points?!?! Surely a typo!

North Brunswick v Parkside - 130 points
130 points surely you are taking the piss, what makes you come to that conclusion ??.
Can't see Elsternwick beating SFX either but stranger things have happened.

Nth. Brunswick & Parkside will play in the second semi final. St Francis will not likely drop a game. Sth Melbourne will win only one more game. Sth. Mornington will make the final four. Eley Park, plan your footy trip. 0-4 to round 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back