D4 Division 4 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't look great for the NB player who appeared to be out cold before he hit the ground.
NB appear to have too much strike power up forward and also use the ball well compared to Parkside who sprayed it around a bit.
Does anyone know where the remaining finals will be played ?.

SFX to win both games this weekend and set up for what should be a cracking GF.
The wet weather predicted should suit the bigger bodies of SFX and they will be too physical for the young Parkside team.
The two times they have met this year have both been won by Parkside by the same margin of 4 points, so I don't expect a one sided game.
Will Parkside recover from the weekend's trouncing or will they continue to have the wood on SFX ?, can't wait for this one !.

Well said number 75, I tend to agree that the bigger bodies and experience that STFX have will hold them in good stead come this Saturday.
Does anyone know the size of Whitefriars ground? I have never been but I'd imagine it would be smaller then Garvey so will therefore suit STFX once again.

Well said number 75, I tend to agree that the bigger bodies and experience that STFX have will hold them in good stead come this Saturday.
Does anyone know the size of Whitefriars ground? I have never been but I'd imagine it would be smaller then Garvey so will therefore suit STFX once again.
Pretty sure the ground is quite large, AFL equivalent

Similar width, WF slightly longer

The wet weather predicted should suit the bigger bodies of SFX and they will be too physical for the young Parkside team.
The two times they have met this year have both been won by Parkside by the same margin of 4 points, so I don't expect a one sided game.
Will Parkside recover from the weekend's trouncing or will they continue to have the wood on SFX ?, can't wait for this one !.

Yep, should be the best game of the year. Very much comes down to the conditions on match day - mud and/or rain would suit SFX more than Parkside. Will tip Parkside, but only by half of their average margin against SFX this season - 2pts.

Looking forward to reacquainting our rivalry against NB next season.
Had a look at them on the weekend and they appear to have recruited some quality players, if they keep their list together will do well in D3.
Thanks cobraland, all at North looking forward to continuing our rivalary next year and beyond!

Thanks cobraland, all at North looking forward to continuing our rivalary next year and beyond!
The best, most respectful rivalry in the lower grades of the VAFA. Built on a deep appreciation of the struggles and rewards of local footy & the volunteers who make it happen. And some bloody good, hard fought tussles on it. Long may it continue ( and both sides raise a couple more grades!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best, most respectful rivalry in the lower grades of the VAFA. Built on a deep appreciation of the struggles and rewards of local footy & the volunteers who make it happen. And some bloody good, hard fought tussles on it. Long may it continue ( and both sides raise a couple more grades!).
Well said InFineForm, the thing that I respect most about NB is that no matter the result or how hard the game was they are always there in numbers for the after match !.
There are a core group of them that have been there a long long time for little success and they are the heart and soul of that club.
Good luck next week and i'm sure that a few of us may come along and support the bulls.

Yep Parkside a bit too good and will give it a shake next week!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Parkside too good today....really disappointing finish for SFX , injuries to key players didn't help but no excuses.
It will be a great contest next week with the two best teams playing off.
Hard to go past NB but Parkside have given themselves every chance now.

Gee SFX were poor today, they were more intent on playing the man than the ball !.
#9 for SFX what was he thinking ??, played the man all day and just gave free kick after free kick away.
I'm sure the coaching staff would have been disappointed with some of the sniping that went on today .

I could not make it to the ground but I was quite surprised by both results on the weekend.
Reserves - I was under the impression ST Francis X had a lot more depth and that would carry them home into the GF. Number 75 mentioned injuries to key players so I guess they had a few reserves players going up to play in the seniors. Which would also reflect the scoreline in the seniors. Credit to Parkside though who finished 4th (and by a fair margin) to now play off in a grand final - well done.
Seniors - as mentioned previously, Parkside had everything to play for and wanted to make amends for the previous week. Disappointing to hear of blokes for StFX not playing the footy and going the man instead. Regardless of that, St Francis X have recruited well and they should be proud of the steps they have taken this season. If they keep their current list and stay healthy, there's no reason why they shouldn't be the first team up in 2019.

Looking forward to both Grand Finals!

Side note: Div 4 have done very well to be able to play their grand finals on a Saturday whilst Divisions 2 and 3 play on the Sunday?

Weather for Saturday is looking like great football conditions. I dare say it will suit the big forwards of NB (George Brothers & Salloum). Can Parkside stop them? That will be the key to the game in my opinion

Weather for Saturday is looking like great football conditions. I dare say it will suit the big forwards of NB (George Brothers & Salloum). Can Parkside stop them? That will be the key to the game in my opinion
Great question Gia, from what I saw on the weekend the defenders from Parkside held SFX goalless for 3 Quarters so they are capable !.
Can they do it again is the big unknown, North Brunswick have probably 4/5 players capable of kicking multiple goals so might be harder this week.
I think it will be close though and should be a great contest, good luck to both teams !.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back