D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Scoreline suggest that St Johns ressies were lucky NB didn't kick straight. I think BHN ressies will knock them off this week too.

Anyone watch the senior game for NB vs BHN? Saw the BHN facebook page say that they had injuries.

Not the scoreline I was expecting with the AP vs St Johns senior game, the jocs have had an interesting year but given their history with Masala it would've been nice knocking them out of finals. I doubt the two sides merge in the offseason.

Pre-Lim Final Tips

Seniors
BHN vs AP - BHN by 5 points

Reserves
StJ vs BHN - BHN by 8 points

Pre-Lim Final Tips
Seniors
BHN vs AP - BHN by 5 points

Reserves
StJ vs BHN - BHN by 8 points
I hope this is true, bhn vs Albert park should be a very good watch, best of luck to both.

As far as the reserves game go, I really hope St. John’s loose, the hype about them in this forum is ridiculous. Players who hit there on team mates, a coach who takes money from players, players who are abusive on the field, just end their misery now and make everyone happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre-Lim Final Tips

I hope this is true, bhn vs Albert park should be a very good watch, best of luck to both.

As far as the reserves game go, I really hope St. John’s loose, the hype about them in this forum is ridiculous. Players who hit there on team mates, a coach who takes money from players, players who are abusive on the field, just end their misery now and make everyone happy.
Let’s hope that one of the clubs wear a clash jumper for the AP V BHN Match. It would be less than ideal viewing to see the match without it.

Preliminary Final week

Box Hill North versus Albert Park.

The two midfields gave contrasting style with AP more mature players with more size against BHN who have more speed on the outside. A lot of the match will be won and lost based on clearance count and quality of them.

The key match up is Donovan (BHN) to J.Lee (AP). Donovan drops off well and reads the ball in flight extremely well. Stronger than he appears and halves a lot of contests. J.Lee can imposing figure inside F50 and if given leading lanes to run into will be hard to stop. He will enough shots on goals but the accuracy will be the key. As well getting early goals will take Jack to the next level.

It would be tempting to play a +1 behind the footy to reduce his influence off Jack. However, it might release a Lupo to setup the preferred ball patterns for AP. Definitely some food for thought.

The rucks chosen will impact the balance of these teams. I saw that Liston was BOG in the 2’s last week for BHN. Do you roll the dice to bring him into this cut throat final?

The ground at box Hill is a lot longer than it first appears based in experience. With this in mind I am tipping BHN to end AP’s season by 34 points. Saying this I am predicting a tight first half in this one.

In the ressies I think BHN get the job done with too many experienced senior players running around.

Good luck everyone who is involved.

Last edited:
No news. VAFA are officially a joke. They know how many finals they have to fixture at the start of the year. Surely this could have been finalised months ago.

Or are they waiting on the verdict on the St. Johns player who was ineligible for finals? Or is this just a rumour?

Probably too busy counting their cash from $17 entry fee to do actual work.

No news. VAFA are officially a joke. They know how many finals they have to fixture at the start of the year. Surely this could have been finalised months ago.

Or are they waiting on the verdict on the St. Johns player who was ineligible for finals? Or is this just a rumour?
I heard this too! How does vafa handle this??

Remove this Banner Ad

D4 Division 4 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back