Djaren Whyman - Hope he makes it

Remove this Banner Ad

Only Hawthorn listed player to have been dropped from the Box Hill Reserves.

I don't like his chances, especially with Thurley on North's list. I hate to say it, but I reckon he only got picked because of the alignment with North Ballarat.

Nice bloke, but I'd be amazed if he makes it.

GOALden Hawk said:
Only Hawthorn listed player to have been dropped from the Box Hill Reserves.

I don't like his chances, especially with Thurley on North's list. I hate to say it, but I reckon he only got picked because of the alignment with North Ballarat.

Nice bloke, but I'd be amazed if he makes it.

If we can put aside for a moment the theory that he was recruited due to the alignment, which I really hope has no truth to it, then it begs the question what on earth Stibbard and co see in him given that the view he has no chance of making it seems to be pretty common around here amongst people who know a bit about him.

i can see why they have drafted him, because Shane Harvey was delisted, and he seems like the same sort of player, small foward pocket type player.

Adrian Shelton said:
One of my favourite VFL players. I wondered on these boards somewhere a few yr ago if he'd get picked up one day, good on him for doing so.

I have never seen him play, but sounds like you may have seen him a few times.

How do you rate his chances in the AFL as opposed to VFL?

Strengths or weaknesses?

dus said:
I have never seen him play, but sounds like you may have seen him a few times.

How do you rate his chances in the AFL as opposed to VFL?

Strengths or weaknesses?
Trust the North Ballarat supporters mate.
Strengths = excellent backman. Could be a replacement for Glenn Archer.

From what i saw of him on VFL telecasts he can well, play football and play it damn well, not an in and under ballgetter from what i remember like for example a Ben Setchell. Curious as what role he'd play in AFL style footy. I havent seen him play since 2004 when i was living in Vic so can someone fill in the gaps as to how he's improved?

I am still absolutely amazed that we picked him. Even though he was our final pick in the rookie draft, I still can't help but think we could have done better. Of our 4 rookies, the other 3 (Scott McMahon, Ed Lower and Justin Perkins) will all be streets ahead of him to get promoted to the senior list if a spot becomes available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Djaren Whyman - Hope he makes it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back