Do I really believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I guess that's a step forward michael considering it wasn't that long ago that you tipped the sun's to beat us, told us that we were stagnating in the 6 - 12 bracket and that a heap of teams including the dogs and * were better than us.

Hopefully by the end of the year you'll be a true believer. ☺️
Just for the record at the beginning of the season I said we would win a final and finish 6th
After the Collingwood Game, I said we can not win the premiership because we lack pace out of stoppage, that might be the case.
I have said earlier, if we win a flag it will be the first based on contest and pressure not possession, turnover and run in a while.
The comment on the Dogs I don't believe is factual.
I tipped against us for the Gold Coast Game. One Game, who cares.

I believe we need to finish top 2 and win 1st week of finals to avoid Sydney in Sydney.
Do that, and anything is possible.

Mind you, if we finish top 2, lose 1st week of finals and beat Syndey in Sydney, then anything is still possible.

I’m just so excited that we’re second banana for the flag, I don’t think we have seen the best of this group yet …they are building… I believe !

I believe we need to finish top 2 and win 1st week of finals to avoid Sydney in Sydney.
Do that, and anything is possible.

Mind you, if we finish top 2, lose 1st week of finals and beat Syndey in Sydney, then anything is still possible.

Agreed - nobody is beating syd in syd. They play that small ground so well. Their backline is set up for it.

Finish top 2 and make them play us on the MCG.

I’ve said this many times before ‘IF’ we make the grand final we just win,it’s as simple as that.

No one will beat us there with a full squad or near enough to.

Take it any financial institution you like and bookmark it.

I believe. I gotta. Have for a while. Even when crumpled, shaking in the darkest, dampest, dankest corner of the haunted horror house that’s been part of the last couple of decades.

I believe.

Last edited:
I believe we have something to work with, but need significant changes this off season to make us a flag threat.

Not sure how much we’ve even improved in Voss’s time, same win loss record now as we had after the same amount of games in his first season in charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been asking myself this question since the weekend, and I have continually changed my mind, each time.

But I have decided that they have given me a lot more confidence than any other team we've had representing the old dark navy blue compared to the last 20 years. The run last year, in 2nd, 6 points clear this year.

So they deserve my belief, and I believe that they will win this game. Not sure about a flag, but that would be insane.

Never as good, never as bad.

Being 6 points clear in second place five rounds ago implied an imposing win-loss record (which we didn't actually have). It was an anomaly based on a very even season, and implied better value than we actually were.

By the same token, I don't think we have been travelling terribly badly since (though I respects the contrary view!), just looks that way because we keep finishing on the wrong side of close games against quality opposition on the day. A couple of kicks either way might have left us with two more wins, and our narrative on these pages would be different, even though very little would actually be changed.

And I do think our results can turn, and we can hit the finals with momentum. But I don't believe we can win the flag without some serious luck in the draw, because we just are not yet good enough interstate. We might jag one away win in the finals series if we're lucky (and good); I'd be amazed if we won two. Let's hope we don't need to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do I really believe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back