Opinion Do we REALLY want Jack Steven from St. Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're very trusting.;)

Don't think the Saints will wear 93. Candidly, nor should they.

Didn't we give them a premiership ruckman AND Charlie Gardiner for a similar pick? They owe us one. ;)

Now you've done it. Just torpedoed any chance of a deal.:D

King was a good pick up for them. He was a toe poke away from being a premiership ruck at two clubs...

Sounds like progress has been made:

St Kilda’s Jack Steven will join Geelong by the end of tomorrow’s trade deadline.

The Herald Sun understands the Cats and Saints have made excellent progress on a deal to send the midfielder to the Cattery for 2020.

It is certain that the Saints’ four-time best and fairest winner will line up next to Joel Selwood and Paddy Dangerfield as part of the Cats’ premiership push.

Geelong has been trying to negotiate a deal that nabs Steven in exchange for pick 37.

There could also be a scenario where the Saints pay some of Steven’s salary.

Can't really complain about pick 58, as with Steven King a dozen years ago, a player's value is pretty much tanked by injuries or other impediments, and i think St.Kilda need in good faith to Jack to enable him to leave without making it too hard for everyone. He's given a decade of quality service to St.Kilda....and they only have to look at Geelong's selfless deals in having players like James Kelly, Stevie J, Pods, even Chapman all leave to other clubs with a peppercorn pick at best changing hands. Pick 58 is a bit of a Well's plaything, but i think if there's a reasonable chance of getting two handy seasons out of Jack it'll be a fair call.

Pick 58 for Steven and move on.

50/50 Steven names it back to AFL footy imo.

20/80 that he plays good consistent footy.

For that risk, 58 is about right.

Then trade sone picks to move up the order

Think you’re underestimating him. He’s a round 1 lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely there has got to be something else. If Zac Smith is worth 58, Steven has got to be worth more.
Smith really, really sucks. Steven at least has a chance of playing some decent footy in the future.

Be keen to know who is going to pay the wages too..
Gold Coast have 1, 2, 15 & 20, so maybe they're not even planning on using 58 in the upcoming draft with a fair few players heading over there already. May be overs in isolation, but in GC's mind it's a worthless pick?

I started that rumour on the Saints board yesterday evening so it wouldn't shock me if that is where this all comes from. Not sure how good Mitch Cleary is (as I don't know much about his work) so not sure if its borrowed from BigFooty or he has it from another source.

I think we'd be getting him if we didn't think he could play decent footy - there is plenty of competition for his spot. Plenty of players get rejuvenated at new clubs and put in a year of two of decent footy - they're are numerous example of that for players having left Geelong. Realistically we should get one decent season and that is about it, so a pick around 50 sounds right

Bloody good dealing if it’s 58 in a straight swap and some retained salary.
Maybe this is why pick 37 wasn't on the table the last few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back