Do you have a soft spot for your other half's team?

Remove this Banner Ad

The GF is a Pies fan, but she's not a huge football follower. She'll only come to the Pies-Dons matches. I don't mind Collingwood so I don't mind if they win. It's just the gap-toothed feral cheersquad types they have that I can't stand. She hates Essendon, so I have bugger all chance of converting her.

My wife is scum....... I mean barracks for the scum.

As does my:

Dad, both sisters, their kids, my father and mother in law, my sister and brother in law, and my 2 best mates.

I am completely and utterly devoid of any spots that even resemble being soft for that team.

She however, was recently witnessed trying on the various hawks caps in our house prior to attending a rare 'all family' match.:thumbsu:

I'm a Port supporter in a long term relationship with a Crows supporter. I've hated the Crows for a long time, and while she used to have Port as her second team, my exuberant support means she now hates us.

Mrs barracks for the Saints. Usually barrack for the other team (with the exception of interstate teams or Collingwood), although I did barrack for them in last years GF. She always barracks against the Demons, and in the past 3 years has been stirring me up after Melbourne games in regards to our teams respective ladder positions
My oldest son chose to follow the Dees with me, Mrs is trying to turn the youngest son into a Saint, but me and my oldest are planning to convert him when he's old enough to choose a team.

The other half's is essendon,she doesnt watch football just waits to see my mood at 5pm anzac day,then doesnt talk to me,if we won and im happy or pays out on me bigtime when we lose....

NO kids but they will go for collingwood...

My wife is Geelong born and bred so other than loathing the Cats she didnt care about footy, now she still loaths the Cats and doesnt mind the Saints so it works for me :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My missus is Port, tried for a bit to be happy for her when they won but given her behaviour when the Crows lose:mad: i now just want the Power to be crushed every single time they play no matter who:D

My wife is a crows fan as is her family. But now i just tell everyone she now follows the pies. I figure if i keep it up for the next ten or so years she will get the sh*ts and give up and come across to the good guys.

My girl is smart.
She WAS an essendon supporter but has very smartly jumped off that awful wagon and is now a carlton supporter.
She saw the light and couldnt hold back.
Essendon jumpers out, carlton jumper in, number 3 on the back.

My misses is a collingwood supporter. It upsets me greatly. If she ever hopes to become my wife she will be getting on the Demons. I mean whats not to love :) I just cant do it any other way.

And if she is under the impression our offspring will be going for the filth, then she is most sorely mistaken.
I refuse to disadvantage my kids before they ever had a chance.

When my mum and dad were dating... way back in the day, they went to a friends wedding. As dad was walking down the aisle with mum behind him, he gen-reflected (go down on one knee and show the sign of the cross) and mum practically fell over him, asking if he was ok as she had thought he had fallen over.

My dad being quite blase pretty much just said "get off me woman", sat in his seat and didn't think too much about it from there...

After the wedding and the photo's mum turned around to dad and said "I need you to come with me, our whole future depends upon this one moment"...

Dad followed my mum around the side of the church and said (hands in the air), "what's going on, whats the problem?" -

Mum said "We have a massive problem, there is only one way this can work"....

Dad said "Well?"

Mum said "You're a catholic"

Dad said "Yes I am... what are you?"

Mum said "I'm a protestant"

Dad said "We have a problem."

Mum said "I've been thinking about this since you gen-reflected in that church (something obviously Catholics do and Protestants don't) and there's only one way this can work"

Dad (still hands in the air) said "Well?"

Mum said "I'll become a Catholic... we'll get married in a Catholic church... our children will be brought up as Catholics..."

Dad (quite relieved said) "Good... what's the catch?"

Mum said "You no longer barrack for Melbourne, you barrack for the Pies... and our children get brought up as Collingwood supporters?"

Last year my Dad became a 50 year Collingwood social club member... If you even mention he used to barrack for Melbourne, he aggressively denies any truth to it!

I could of been a Protestant Dees supporter... F***ING GO PIES!!!

When my mum and dad were dating... way back in the day, they went to a friends wedding. As dad was walking down the aisle with mum behind him, he gen-reflected (go down on one knee and show the sign of the cross) and mum practically fell over him, asking if he was ok as she had thought he had fallen over.

My dad being quite blase pretty much just said "get off me woman", sat in his seat and didn't think too much about it from there...

After the wedding and the photo's mum turned around to dad and said "I need you to come with me, our whole future depends upon this one moment"...

Dad followed my mum around the side of the church and said (hands in the air), "what's going on, whats the problem?" -

Dad said "Well?"

Mum said "I've been thinking about this since you gen-reflected in that church (something obviously Catholics do and Protestants don't) and there's only one way this can work"

Mum said "I'll become a Catholic... we'll get married in a Catholic church... our children will be brought up as Catholics..."

Mum said "You no longer barrack for Melbourne, you barrack for the Pies... and our children get brought up as Collingwood supporters?"

Last year my Dad became a 50 year Collingwood social club member... If you even mention he used to barrack for Melbourne, he aggressively denies any truth to it!

Classic! :thumbsu:

Dad said "Well?"

thats funny.

he 'genuflected' tho'.

Took the good lady to the then Telstra dome about three years ago......
She spent the first qrt talking about two seagulls perched in the roof......
Needless to say it was her last game........
Then again I don't get dragged to Southland......

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a soft spot for your other half's team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back