Do you think Richmond Will Make Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

They are inconsistent. Their best is borderline Top 4 but their worst is very average. Wouldn't want to play them in the finals as you don't know which team will turn up. Not sure what their fixture is like but they will win at least 2 of their 3 next games with Adelaide in Melbourne, Dogs and Saints

I don't think so, no. The gap between their best and worst is just too big. They beat the grand finalists last year before losing to the Gold Coast. Awful one week (vs Essendon), good the next (tonight). Need to develop some consistency first.

Could've sworn there was another club who recently showed their best form the week after showing their worst. Can't remember who...

Could've sworn there was another club who recently showed their best form the week after showing their worst. Can't remember who...

Essendon supporters have the memory of a goldfish.. I think we all know that by now

This is who we play for the rest of the year -

Adelaide (MCG)
Bulldogs (Etihad)
St Kilda (MCG)
North Melbourne (Etihad)
Gold Coast (Cazalys)
Fremantle (MCG)
Sydney (SCG)
Hawthorn (MCG)
Brisbane (MCG)
Carlton (MCG)
GWS Giants (Skoda)
Essendon (MCG)

If we can win enough of the 50/50 matches I think finals are within reach.

i have them at 12 and 10 which will probably have them at... 9th. either Adelaide, Richmond or North or West Coast will finish 8th I reckon.

Richmond just beat a 'Top 4' side, so off the back of that, it's obvious Richmond will make the 8.

I think we will probably sneak in, not fussed either way, as I a focussing on our future premiership preparation. That includes Worsfold suggesting our premiership window is opening up soon which was probably tongue in cheek.

We are going in the right direction but I am not sure WC is a top 4 team, never rated the midfield that highly TBH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide (MCG)
Bulldogs (Etihad)
St Kilda (MCG)
North Melbourne (Etihad)
Gold Coast (Cazalys)
Fremantle (MCG)
Sydney (SCG)
Hawthorn (MCG)
Brisbane (MCG)
Carlton (MCG)
GWS Giants (Skoda)
Essendon (MCG)

To be fair we should win those in bold. North haven't been fair dinkum in my mind and are a better team than ladder position, we could beat them, we could beat Freo, could beat Carlton again, could beat Essendon. Lot depends on who plays each game and how they play:D.

Can't see us beating the Swans at SCG and sneaky chance against Hawks, I think we match up against them with Griff v Franklin and our dominate midfield compared to theirs but Hodge is up and about now and they could have a better team with Lake, Hill etc... to last year.

Actually, Gold Coast could be tough up North giving how they have improved and Adelaide, well you never know

I know this is a troll but why? We are on the improve and have been for the last few years. Not like we are exactly struggling like Melbourne are.

I reckon tonight showed you will make finals and have improved. These are the 50 50 games you need to get there and have ticked this box. As for Melbourne, the point was made because you have been down and out for longer than they have despite improving over the last 4 years.

I reckon tonight showed you will make finals and have improved. These are the 50 50 games you need to get there and have ticked this box. As for Melbourne, the point was made because you have been down and out for longer than they have despite improving over the last 4 years.

We've been down forever and a day but never out. We are the vampires of the AFL. the Undead. Defeaqt only makes us stronger or so it seems.

Adelaide (MCG)
Bulldogs (Etihad)
St Kilda (MCG)
North Melbourne (Etihad)
Gold Coast (Cazalys)
Fremantle (MCG)
Sydney (SCG)
Hawthorn (MCG)
Brisbane (MCG)
Carlton (MCG)
GWS Giants (Skoda)
Essendon (MCG)

I think they can make it and actually hope they do, just not at our expense.

The games in bold are essentially 8 point games and will go a long way to deciding whether they do or not.

Good luck :thumbsu:

The games in bold are essentially 8 point games and will go a long way to deciding whether they do or not.

If the ladder remains more or less as it is today that Round 21 Richmond V Carlton has the potential to be the fieriest most febrile game between our clubs in ages. Will make the Round 1 games seem like pre season stuff.

They will make it and I am glad. Their best footy is actually really good to watch. A bit of dash and dare and plucky.

Richmond just beat a 'Top 4' side, so off the back of that, it's obvious Richmond will make the 8.
Didn't rate West Coast as a 'Top 4' at the start of the season and from what I've seen so far they'll be struggling to make the 8.

If Richmond can reproduce the sort of running game they had last night they'll make the 8. The only problem with that is Richmond have shown that they lack the consistency to do it.

I'd be bolding the GC game as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Richmond Will Make Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back