Do you think that u guys can go all the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

YES!!! Of course we will!!:thumbsu:
Geez people, have some optimism or whatever you call it!:p:D

I (& Dad) can't remember a team coming from 8th to win the flag before and what a better team to re-write history than us. Collignwood!

I don't care if all the odds are against us if we put our minds to it we can beat any team, including Hawthorn. & yeah, win the flag.

I'm not confident but I like to think we can. We're COLLINGW08D!

No... at least not this year.

Out of the five remaining teams in the finals Collingwood has the measure on two of them (Saints and Swans, beat both teams twice this year), same chance against the Doggies (lost by 10pts), and have form against Geelong (losses by 15 and 5pts last year, win by 86pts this year).

Hawthorn is the only team that has been able to tear apart Collingwood this year... twice. It's a pity that we have to play them should we get past the Saints next Saturday night.

Having said that Collingwood's run will probably end like last year - one game short of the Grand Final. My prediction was for Collingwood to finish 7th at the end of the H&A and the way we've played this year could have finished 4th.

We've got a healthy bunch of kids that are coming along very nicely - unfortunately the likes of Dutchy, Presti, Wakes, Pebbles and Burnsey will chuck the towel in over the next couple of years and our kids need to fill in the gaps when these players finish. We'll be near enough for the next one or two years - but will seriously challenge for Premierships in around two to five years time once our current batch of players start working together in a team.

Lid comes off...lid goes on.
Lid comes off...lid goes on.

If I could answer that question...who knows the life I could lead on the money!

It just occurred to me.
Why don't Physics, Astrologers, numerologists (right up their ally) etc do footy tips?
Is it because they are all liars, charlatans and frauds or is it because they secretly bet, make millions and don't want the odds to shorten?

Do bookies quiver when Milton Black turns up at the track....lol

Can we? Yes.
Will we? No.

Frankly, I'm concerned that we're probably going into the St. Kilda game as favourites, but if we get past them I think we'll struggle against Hawthorn. Even with a full side, they smashed us in the clearances and our backline couldn't cope with Buddy or Roughy. Having Presti (if fit) might help, but I'm not optimistic.

Can we? Yes.
Will we? No.

Frankly, I'm concerned that we're probably going into the St. Kilda game as favourites, but if we get past them I think we'll struggle against Hawthorn. Even with a full side, they smashed us in the clearances and our backline couldn't cope with Buddy or Roughy. Having Presti (if fit) might help, but I'm not optimistic.

Is that you BigBucks?

If we beat the Saints that will mean they will have the Cousins pick before us? If we lose to them we will have it before them?

Well then lets chuck a final.....If Cousins wants to play for Mick and the Pies and we want him badly enough we will get him.
Given his history no club would force him to play for them against his wishes, it would be asking for problems. Obviously there would need to be a fair trade for the pick.

I would rather give up a draft pick than a player.

No chance!

Can we beat the Saints? The answer is YES it's possible.

Can we beat the Hawks? The answer is NO, not a chance.

While we are fourth ( i think) for stopages, that goes out the window when u play the effluent (wee & poo-how childish am I-lol)team.

We can't get first use of the ball against Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Sewell, Crawford etc.

First use translates to too many opportunities to a strong forward line.

Game over!

I (& Dad) can't remember a team coming from 8th to win the flag before and what a better team to re-write history than us. Collignwood!

Damn right MG13. What we all failed to realise at the start of this year is that the '8' in Collingw08d was our ladder position BEFORE we took the ultimate prize. :thumbsu:

The key to beating the hawks is to stop the flow out of the middle.If we can do that we are a chance.

Their backline is a little suss especially with Croad in danger of missing the finlas series.With our over abundant supply of forwards,if we stop their flow .we can make them pay up forward.
Lets see we have Cloke,Anthony,Dawes possibly Rocca may be back,Davis,Medhurst,and say even Thomas to rotate,gee Didak would have been the creme if he wasn't suspended,pity.

The hawks have gilham,guerra,hodge can play in the backline,but what they lack is a big body up back when croad is missing.Roughead will be forced to go to their backline which could upset their forward structure.

Anyway its finals and expect the unexpected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i forgot to mention if we get over the Saints( i reckon we will they have a few injury worries to blake and Haughton and hayes- is reported)

To stop Hawthorn, experience with the availabilty of playing both Presti and Wakelin could both go to either Roughead and Buddy or both could double team buddy ,because i reckon Croad will miss which will force roughead to play in the backline.
Both WAKELIN AND PRESTI are a little slow and one on one would be beaten by roughie and buddy,but with their experience abigger bodies they could spoil buddies supply if roughead had to play in the backline,with maxwell,harry o,brown minding rioli ,williams,and say Dew.

Oh ye of little faith! I hope the lads have more self-belief than you have belief in them.

Did Solzhenitsyn think he'd ever win a Nobel Prize for literature when he was starving, being worked near to death and stuffing old newspapers into his ragged coat to keep himself warm in Siberia? But he had hope.

And so has MagpieGirl. She knows what she's talking about; she's real Collingwood aristocracy - her grandfather played for the Pies. And the old lady I met this morning, wearing her Magpie scarf and her 20-Year membership brooch is sure that the boys can do it. She'd just bought her tickets to the game.

Of course we can win. It's a long shot, but that's the way Collingwood likes it. How are you all going to send positive vibrational emanations to the team with that loser mindset?

Now listen to this - and you can bookmark it, TRS - Hawthorn has peaked too early, and Collingwood will reap the benefits.

Maybe I should have started this post with; "This thread is a disgrace!" :p

We should beat the Saints, The Hawks would be hard to beat, but anything can happen in a two horse race.
Geelong are easily the best team this year and we showed that we are very competitive in their style of play, but we have not worked the Hawks out yet.

IT IS GOOD TO DARE TO DREAM

Well then lets chuck a final.....If Cousins wants to play for Mick and the Pies and we want him badly enough we will get him.
Given his history no club would force him to play for them against his wishes, it would be asking for problems. Obviously there would need to be a fair trade for the pick.

I would rather give up a draft pick than a player.

Wasn't saying that at all champ, that would be ridiculous.

Was just asking.

I think we can. i am really hoping we beat st.kilda and then play hawthorn but who knows? I think if we do end up playing hawthorn we have a chance of course we do. like anyone else. If we can beat geelong by 86 points and everyone said we couldn't then we can definitely beat hawthorn and its finals so its a totally different game and hopefully rocca plays coz i don't think he played either game against hawthorn.I had a gut feeling all year that this year was ours.no matter how bad things got. so we'll see. but if it does get to hawthorn and geelong its geelongs again coz there not a one man team and they'll stuff the supply to buddy and roughhead.and also last time they played and hawthorn lost geelong had a few very very good players out. so id love to see geelong smash them. haha.but most of all a win for the pies would be heaven!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think that u guys can go all the way?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back