Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

This was a good result, but why is Vandermeer in the side? I am guessing Beveridge sees him as our version of Paul Puopolo who he knew from his days at Hawthorn, a small quick pressure forward. Puopolo was a far better player though, and much more dangerous in every facet of the game from pressure to ball use.

If a player is in the side to apply pressure to the opposition, then they shouldn't let players get around them. There was a moment Pickett moved around him easily, and this happens all the time with Vandermeer. Players like McCreary from Collingwood or Charlie Cameron don't let this happen to them because they are naturally aggressive and read opposition player movement better.
Watch, Bucks analysis of both Vandermeer and McNeil.

Geez the Bullies play exciting footy. Such an attractive brand of football and irrepressible at the moment. It seems you are getting stronger by the week.
Since the Pies aren’t winning it this year, I hope Treloar becomes a Premiership player. I’d be really happy for him. (And for Bevo).
Well done, and Poltergeist?

Watched the game at a bar in Seminyak so naturally the audio was for the WCE game.

Great win but a frustrating win with our scoring, should have been 100+

Is Libba OK?

Watched the game at a bar in Seminyak so naturally the audio was for the WCE game.

Great win but a frustrating win with our scoring, should have been 100+

Is Libba OK?
Libba is fine, just a management sub. I watched it from Barcelona on my tiny iPad, frustrating goal kicking, but our percentage is second best.

Bev and the coaches were terrible for the first half of the year. But cannot be faulted since. The contribution and confidence all players have right now is a credit to the coaching team.

Maybe it's just taken time for the new coaches, strategies and players to gel. Plus a few position tweaks with Richards, Lobb etc.
Or maybe it's healthy competition for the 22 forcing the bottom tier to give more effort.

Either way Bev and co have been performing and deserve the credit now just as they deserved blame prior.
I prefer to think he and they had this vision in mind all along but it’s been a challenge to find the right combination of players and to educate them into a cohesive unit. Like a beehive where everyone is sure of their own role and everyone else’s, and they stick to them whatever happens because they work.

I'm glad the words were changed from " We'll come out smiling if we win or lose.!"

To me that particular line reaks of mediocrity and a footy club that accepts mediocrity and isn't all about fostering a winning culture..

The new words in the song are much better and more positive.

I wonder if the original intent was more about being a good sportsperson, ie even if we lose we'll shake hands and be good sports.

I'm glad the words were changed from " We'll come out smiling if we win or lose.!"

To me that particular line reaks of mediocrity and a footy club that accepts mediocrity and isn't all about fostering a winning culture..

The new words in the song are much better and more positive.
It just reflects a different era, when football was a jolly pastime, not the cutthroat business that it is today.

Tom McDonald should get a please explain from the AFL and a fine for his pissweak whinging and petulance tonight. That was embarrassing, almost as embarrassing as every Melbourne player who attempted to engage in a contest with Bont. My god he was just unbeatable. They need to start counting his knockons taps and physicality as possessions and score assists. He knows exactly where to push the ball to advantage in every contest he wins.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I noticed one stoppage they had Tholstrup matching up on Bont. It was 2nd quarter, so game not gone.
What were they thinking? That's unforgivable as a setup. Goodwin very ordinary.

Crowd yelling "Roll out the barrel" to the Lobbster in the last quarter and groaning when he passed a beautiful 30 m dart in the last. Haha
How good to have a long kick weapon for setplays?
Haha yeah he did one that worked well last night. We were thinking it could be a record for quickest goal from a kick in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3:41 on the Kayo replay Jordan Lewis shows some really good footage of what Vanders does, Bucks goes on to explain it further too.

We’re currently sitting 1st for tackles inside 50. We will probably be in 2nd after the end of the round as Port are only 3 behind, but this has been a huge factor imo.

Our forward pressure has been immense, which leads to more scoring opportunities. Have a real good balance right now.

We’re currently sitting 1st for tackles inside 50. We will probably be in 2nd after the end of the round as Port are only 3 behind, but this has been a huge factor imo.

Our forward pressure has been immense, which leads to more scoring opportunities. Have a real good balance right now.

Considering we play 3 KPF's this is very impressive

I prefer to think he and they had this vision in mind all along but it’s been a challenge to find the right combination of players and to educate them into a cohesive unit. Like a beehive where everyone is sure of their own role and everyone else’s, and they stick to them whatever happens because they work.

Bont did an interview not too long ago where he said they've just gone back to getting the basics right. It's paying dividends at the moment.

VDM a game high 3 Goal Assists. His team mates know why he continues to be selected and they're on board with it.

Poulter had an excellent game too. 7 tackles and heaps of metres gained.

Lots of role players playing their roles well.

Gonna be tough to break into this line up.

Maybe JOD, Freijah and Sanders/Macrae for Khamis, Coffield and Garcia is where the main alternative selections lie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back