Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Oliver is cooked. Looks slow and fat.
Well, he's one of their starting mids and Garcia is about out 19th player picked and probably 6th in line for a mid rotation - and that's with Macrae and Sanders in the VFL.
I loved it.

Lobb perhaps less flashy this game but picked up another 20 disposals, 10 intercept possessions and 6 spoils. The thing that stands out though and why the move has worked so well is his how agile, clean and composed he is at ground level/with ball in hand. We get all the upside of having the tallest defender in the league without any real downside for our ground game.

The room for improvement in our defence is probably the Coffield spot. I don’t mind us having two medium defenders with him and Khamis, so would lean toward replacing him with O’Donnell, who is quick and athletic enough and a great field kick. Although I do think both could eventually come out for O’Donnell and another mid, with Williams moving to half back.
Freijah is far too good for VFL and seems a bit quicker and a better kick than Coff.
On team balance I think we could get a little more drive by swapping Freijah and Coffield and lose nothing in the air, and gain a little on ground ball.

We did to Melbourne what Port did to us a few weeks ago. Spread them very quickly with quick hands. It was just an avalanche of possession like Port's was against us.

We might have gone to school on that game (the Port game), and should we have to play them again I suspect we'll be ready. The Port midfield is our most difficult match up IMO.

Unbelievable game to be at live. Loved the passion in the crowd, especially after with people singing and dancing on the concourse. Proud westy moment.

Question and apologies if has been covered - is English at risk of time off from his high hit early in the game? The 50m was ludicrous but didn't see enough of it to know if he's in strife.

Our wings are literally huge - Williams 190cm and Poulter 194cm
They both have been playing their roles
Really well. Invaluable that they both kicked goals.
Both very influential from the bounce.
When Williams is in form and confident, he is a very good AFL footballer.

Freijah is far too good for VFL and seems a bit quicker and a better kick than Coff.
On team balance I think we could get a little more drive by swapping Freijah and Coffield and lose nothing in the air, and gain a little on ground ball.

I completely forgot about Freijah. Yeah that’s the move.

I think I’d prefer an O’Donnell/Freijah pairing to Khamis/Coffield, but I get they may prefer Coffield’s experience to one of those two.

If it’s a choice between Coffield or Khamis , it’s Buku for me.

Well, he's one of their starting mids and Garcia is about out 19th player picked and probably 6th in line for a mid rotation - and that's with Macrae and Sanders in the VFL.
I loved it.

I loved it. Some of his efforts very questionable.
Oliver is a huge smartass so yep, enjoyed it mate! I respect Gawn big time (most of the time) and he looked completely frustrated. Think the dees know they are cooked.

If it’s a choice between Coffield or Khamis , it’s Buku for me.
Not sure it’s been commented on yet but was really impressed by Buku on the home side wing in the 2nd/3rd quarter. Was in a 2 on 1 ground ball get situation and really handled it well. Huge improvement on his ground ball work, which I think has been a bit worrying.

I don’t know exactly what happened, and when the switch flicked with this team.

But holy shit, the last month has been the most enjoyable month of footy following this team in my 38 years on this planet.

2016 was enjoyable in hindsight, but this is way different.

Like someone recently mentioned, you need to take the good times when they come and that’s exactly what I’m doing.
The difference seems to be, we are finally playing as a team with a great structure and balance.
Ed in the guts/Lobb a KPD/Poulter to the wing/Garcia and Scott manic pressure/ fwds not jumping into each other.

Unbelievable game to be at live. Loved the passion in the crowd, especially after with people singing and dancing on the concourse. Proud westy moment.

Question and apologies if has been covered - is English at risk of time off from his high hit early in the game? The 50m was ludicrous but didn't see enough of it to know if he's in strife.
Did anyone catch the crowd numbers? Was a strong showing from the Footscray faithful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s about creating spaces for the forwards and mids to enter and score from. Their speed and positioning enables them to do that. I think that’s the gist of what he said. He was complimentary towards them.
They are role players, so it's not about possessions entirely but setting up opportunities for others. Small sample but West did well shepherding Bont's goal and McNeil the same for Poulter's goal. Vandemeer and McNeill frustrate me but I have to trust their selection to the coaching group who obviously believe their role is more important than having Macrae getting 30 plus.

I completely forgot about Freijah. Yeah that’s the move.

I think I’d prefer an O’Donnell/Freijah pairing to Khamis/Coffield, but I get they may prefer Coffield’s experience to one of those two.
I am torn, on paper Freijah and O'Donnell look better, but the team defence has kept an average of 52 points in the last 4 games.
I think I'll stay with the great team defence we currently have

The year is 2024.

Premier centre half back of the competition Rory Lobb does the kickout for the bulldogs.

It's a wobbly 65-70 metre torp to the side of the centre square.

The ball gets fed out to Treloar who kicks a perfect quick pass 40m that lands on Caleb Poulter's tit.

Poulter then decides to have a ping at the goals with a 50 metre slider. The ball floats to the right and then bounces like a 3m leg break to go through the goals, eluding 2 Melbourne defenders.

Footy is a weird game sometimes.

The year is 2024.

Premier centre half back of the competition Rory Lobb does the kickout for the bulldogs.

It's a wobbly 65-70 metre torp to the side of the centre square.

The ball gets fed out to Treloar who kicks a perfect quick pass 40m that lands on Caleb Poulter's tit.

Poulter then decides to have a ping at the goals with a 50 metre slider. The ball floats to the right and then bounces like a 3m leg break to go through the goals, eluding 2 Melbourne defenders.

Footy is a weird game sometimes.
Spooky was just going to post about that. Goal of the year! It was rIgHt in fRonT of me :p

Loved Bonti's casual snap over the shoulder running away from goal from 50 out too :)

Lobb perhaps less flashy this game but picked up another 20 disposals, 10 intercept possessions and 6 spoils. The thing that stands out though and why the move has worked so well is his how agile, clean and composed he is at ground level/with ball in hand. We get all the upside of having the tallest defender in the league without any real downside for our ground game.

The room for improvement in our defence is probably the Coffield spot. I don’t mind us having two medium defenders with him and Khamis, so would lean toward replacing him with O’Donnell, who is quick and athletic enough and a great field kick. Although I do think both could eventually come out for O’Donnell and another mid, with Williams moving to half back, *or for Freijah.
I often thought it was a choice of Buku or Coffield with Freijah to take their spot.

I’ve changed my mind. I think both make me a little too uncomfortable with their respective weaknesses. JOD offers a nice blend of both Buku & Coffield and is quick enough to play on medium types. He has neat skills, pace and an ability to intercept.

I’d bring in JOD & Freijah for Buku & Coffield. Does Bevo mess too much with a winning formula?

Duryea Jones JOD
Dale Lobb Bramble
Freijah

I often thought it was a choice of Buku or Coffield with Freijah to take their spot.

I’ve changed my mind. I think both make me a little too uncomfortable with their respective weaknesses. JOD offers a nice blend of both Buku & Coffield and is quick enough to play on medium types. He has neat skills, pace and an ability to intercept.

I’d bring in JOD & Freijah for Buku & Coffield. Does Bevo mess too much with a winning formula?

Duryea Jones JOD
Dale Lobb Bramble
Freijah
JOD looked pretty rusty at VFL level but on principle I agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dogs 110 thrash Demons 59

Remove this Banner Ad

Back