Autopsy Dogs 82 beat Carlton 62. The Lewis Young Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Redpath had only 6 disposals(at %66). 3 of which were clangers, as well as giving away 2 free kicks.

One of the very rare games where a players overall performance is actually a net negative.

Lewis Young also had more intercept marks than any player for us this year. In his bloody debut. Just LOL.

Who woulda thought giving the kids a go gives the team some enthusiasm? Next get Lipinski and Webb in the team.

the 2 frees against would be counted as clangers. He was easily our worst I agree. We still need him for our structure, and he went in very hard many times and made the carlton defenders earn it.

Good to get the win, even against a somewhat depleted bottom 4 side.
I actually enjoyed watching us play for most of that match, and I haven't been able to say that for a while.

Loved McLean and Daniel earlier on, and Bailey Dale was also very good.
Great debut from Young, 9 marks inc. a hanger and even found time to have a bounce! Seemed to be in the right spots.

Fair effort from the Bont today too - he looked much much better than he has for most of this season.
Inside, outside, some strong marking, rucking and 2 goals. Well played.

Also hope Bevo doesn't drop Williams again just because he didn't get many possessions. Our rebound off half back looks so much smoother with him in the team.

Last game he played was our best win for the season (vs StKilda), yet for some wtf reason he was dropped, then when he comes back we win again.

Whilst Honeychurch gets 4 games in a row with 0 goals and just 10 disposals each for last 2 games(before today).

Last edited:
Hand passing to teammates after a mark or a free when you are still on the ground and causing turn overs. :mad::mad:.

Other that Ok.

Also we have the high moral ground re the umps

Williams takes contested marks which we really lack, so I hope Bevo sees the need for him in our team.

I also loved seeing Young constantly talk with morris about where he needs to stand to intercept the ball. Just brilliant communication from the youngest player in the league. I'm so impressed by him, well done VFL watchers with the spruik there.

Good to get the win, even against a somewhat depleted bottom 4 side.
I actually enjoyed watching us play for most of that match, and I haven't been able to say that for a while.

Loved McLean and Daniel earlier on, and Bailey Dale was also very good.
Great debut from Young, 9 marks inc. a hanger and even found time to have a bounce! Seemed to be in the right spots.

Fair effort from the Bont today too - he looked much much better than he has for most of this season.
Inside, outside, some strong marking, rucking and 2 goals. Well played.

Agreed. Was enjoyable to watch. Probably because we moved the footy much better. Still horrid going inside 50 sometimes.

The bad:

Never have I seen a veteran ruckman be more comprehensively beaten both in the taps and around the ground than Roughead was today. Absolutely pathetic. Waiting 8 weeks a year for this bloke not to be injured just isn't worth it anymore.

Get well tom boyd. I miss you dearly.

The good:
Lewis Young, holy shit. Commanding in the air. What a great game.

JJ also had a nice game, and Macrae was superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why I love Young:

Tall
Handsome :rainbow:
Great Hair :rainbow:
Strong hands
Confident
Took a lot of marks
Spoiled well
Used the ball well
Never panics :cool:
Took a confident bounce while striding off half back :cool:
Good technical kick
Got in Casboult's face when he missed an easy goal :p
Wears long sleeves
Number 33
Took a hanger :fire::fire::fire:
OMG- you are practically cheating on Biggs!!!

In keeping with the developing narrative of the thread. I give you the Good. the bad and the Lewis young.

So...The Bulldogs debut a 17 year old KPD and he looks right at home you say.

giphy.gif

Oh, and Zaine was pretty, pretty, pretty good today as well. Something that will probably go unremarked in the Youngisteria that is about to erupt on this board.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs 82 beat Carlton 62. The Lewis Young Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back