Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I missing something with Suckling? Is he really important to team structure, or keeping an important opposition player quiet without me noticing?

Those occasional long bombs don't hide the fact that he's such an un-Bulldogs like player. He rarely throws himself at the ball and his left boot is as much a liability as a weapon.

I don't see the point of either Suckling or Cloke. Would rather develop young talent in the first team than rehabilitate temperamental players from other clubs.

Great win, probably the best we've played all season. Shame about the last quarter where we didn't have the killer instinct to make it a thumping and t really boost the percentage.

The first three quarter was a really thorough performance. Lots of talk from the commentators about how St Kilda dominated the first 40 minutes but couldn't get it on the scoreboard. I thought it was a little the opposite, statistically they killed us but we forced slow ball movement and set up our defensive structure really well. Once we evened up we blew them out of the park.

Stringer was unbelievable. Great to see him back and that was the best he has played since R1 last year. Lead hard at the ball and it was good to see them honouring his leads. Mitch Wallis continues his strong return and was our best midfielder, so great to have him back. Bailey Dale had his best game. Offers a lot with his kicking, speed and ball carrying ability, has been steadily improving each week and hopefully that continues.

Of our other returning players, thought Roughead showed some really good signs. Has played better games but he makes our side look so much better with his mobility and marking around the ground. Biggs was very impressive too, our defensive unit as a whole was. He is another important player to our structure and started the year poorly but today was back to some of his best. Adams, Morris and Wood were huge all day.

Nice to go into the bye with a good win and some momentum. 6-4 isn't terrible and the percentage is ok. Could be better but a decent enough platform to make a run for the top 4.

Shame about Murphy's injury, hopefully just a strain. English showed a few good signs and will be better for the experience. Played a foreign role and only got limited ruck minutes. Showed enough to know that we've got a player on our hands but it's probably unlikely he plays against Sydney after the bye.

Glad we got the win but boy that was as ugly a 40 point win as I can remember. Great that we finally kicked more goals than behinds even if it was only 1 more.

Players that played really well included Adams (who I thought was almost best on ground, didn't make a mistake and was unpassable), Daniel, Jong tried really hard, Stringer, Dahl, JJ.... Good to see Roughead back and hopefully that will blow the cobwebs out. We really need him back to his best. The gap with him out of the team has been glaring.

Really disappointed in the Bont today. I wouldn't drop him for one bad game but Bevo needs to show him the video of his game today, especially that showboat attempt at goal in the last quarter, and remind him that this sort of thing isn't good enough.

I think Dale got better in the second half but I would drop him and if Libba is ready to come back then get him back in the team.

All in all I'm very happy to get a win against a team that has given us trouble in the past and the percentage will be helpful but could have been so much better. I thought the domination of possession and fwd half ball should have resulted in a 10+ goal win not 40 points.

The difference between Bont and everyone else in the team is that he can have a shit/injured game and still have like 5-10 score involvements that contribute to the win. Makes him hard to drop IMO.

Also to that he clearly believes his own hype and thinks he's is a rockstar is grossly disrespectful to someone who in short space of time has already contributed so much to the club. Piss poor thing to say to be honest.
I don't think he should be dropped, but he needs a big kick up the arse for that today. He was putrid in the f50

Congrats to Bailey Dale. Today he showed the future he has at AFL level and repaid the faith showed by the MC. He has so many great attributes that we all know but I was extremely impressed at his confidence to run straight lines through the footy and open the game up.

And thanks for premiership Shiggsy to come back today. May you never leave again.

Am I missing something with Suckling? Is he really important to team structure, or keeping an important opposition player quiet without me noticing?

Those occasional long bombs don't hide the fact that he's such an un-Bulldogs like player. He rarely throws himself at the ball and his left boot is as much a liability as a weapon.

I don't see the point of either Suckling or Cloke. Would rather develop young talent in the first team than rehabilitate temperamental players from other clubs.

You beat me to it. He has zero awareness. Tries to take it on and doesn't have the speed or skill to evade tacklers

Congrats to Bailey Dale. Today he showed the future he has at AFL level and repaid the faith showed by the MC. He has so many great attributes that we all know but I was extremely impressed at his confidence to run straight lines through the footy and open the game up.

And thanks for premiership Shiggsy to come back today. May you never leave again.
Agreed on Shiggsy... really good to see him back to his normal self from last year being a good link man and very composed. I thought Dale did some good things but he also made a few terrible mistakes. Not sure about him yet even though I really want him to take the next step and consolidate his spot in the team.

Love beating the saints.
Anyone knocking the Bont, should realize the game was already won.When its on the line he wouldn't have missed.Would have been nice to see the package get 6 though.

Really happy with that win.

Stringer's return to form is very welcome.

Dahlhaus is sensational as usual.

So good to have Roughie back, very impressed with English's debut.

It was a bit scrappy for the first quarter and a bit but then it all seemed to clock for us.

Really happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6-4 into the bye is more respectable than 5-5 in our current position. Still need to win 7-8 on the back of the second half to guarantee a finals spot IMo

Good to get a win and for the first time this season, play basically four quarters

Won without Boyd also :) FINALLY!!!

Caleb Daniel was magnificent and The Package delivered.

Excellent stuff from Bailey Dale too, thought he was very creative and a lot of positive forward plays were started from him and Daniel. Biggs was good mopping up, but he needs to work on his aerial stuff, was disappointed seeing Gresham beating him in the air early in the game considering Biggs has a clear size advantage, but nevertheless gave us a bit rebound wise.

JJ good. Wallis very good burrowing under packs. Adams excellent for nearly the whole game and Roughy gave us a lot around the ground which we have missed. Much better stuff from Picken too.

More winners than losers onfield today.

I'd like to find room for McLean and Libba (now that Roughy is back) for Sydney. English is one out and I've been hoping to get Suckling out all season. The spell will do Bont the world of good. Looking forward to our cohesion and surge post bye.

Great win, probably the best we've played all season. Shame about the last quarter where we didn't have the killer instinct to make it a thumping and t really boost the percentage.

The first three quarter was a really thorough performance. Lots of talk from the commentators about how St Kilda dominated the first 40 minutes but couldn't get it on the scoreboard. I thought it was a little the opposite, statistically they killed us but we forced slow ball movement and set up our defensive structure really well. Once we evened up we blew them out of the park.

Stringer was unbelievable. Great to see him back and that was the best he has played since R1 last year. Lead hard at the ball and it was good to see them honouring his leads. Mitch Wallis continues his strong return and was our best midfielder, so great to have him back. Bailey Dale had his best game. Offers a lot with his kicking, speed and ball carrying ability, has been steadily improving each week and hopefully that continues.

Of our other returning players, thought Roughead showed some really good signs. Has played better games but he makes our side look so much better with his mobility and marking around the ground. Biggs was very impressive too, our defensive unit as a whole was. He is another important player to our structure and started the year poorly but today was back to some of his best. Adams, Morris and Wood were huge all day.

Nice to go into the bye with a good win and some momentum. 6-4 isn't terrible and the percentage is ok. Could be better but a decent enough platform to make a run for the top 4.

Shame about Murphy's injury, hopefully just a strain. English showed a few good signs and will be better for the experience. Played a foreign role and only got limited ruck minutes. Showed enough to know that we've got a player on our hands but it's probably unlikely he plays against Sydney after the bye.

Sorry dude but if you think that's the best we've played you need to watch more football...

Good win, but can we drop Bontempelli? He clearly believes his own hype and thinks he's a rockstar. He's completely lost his kicking ability, and that banana in the 4th quarter when he had an easy handball to Stringer in the square was disgraceful. We didn't get to where we are today by having no standards: we've dropped Macrae, Stringer, Liberatore and Daniel among others in the past for not being up to scratch, and now it's Bontempelli's turn.
Yeah, nah. Anyway, good win, hopefully a sign of things to come with a draw that now opens up for us. Stringer in beast mode will help in the next few games !

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back