Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised Macrae isn't getting a bit more praise. He was absolutely fantastic today around the stoppages. Won so much of it in tight and his composure to side step and clear the ball out of the congestion or link up in the middle was great. Not eye popping numbers but really filled in for Libba today well and was one of our best

Another well researched analysis by the Age reporter on our game"

"Lachie Hunter blanketed Jack Steven, Jack Macrae and Luke Dahlhaus became key contributors, Lin Jong worked hard at the coalface, while Mitch Wallis wasn't missing a beat in his second senior game back from a knee reconstruction."

Was he the same guy that asked about Minson playing again this year?

Tim English is not a wingman, unless you're in a bar.

Timmy would be a pretty rubbish conventional wingman in a bar, tall, handsome, terrific head of hair, it would be like bees to honey. Unless you are employing the crumbing theory of picking up (which doesn't always work and isn't that satisfying in my experience).

How much better is our defence now that Moz is back. How many times did Membrey touch the ball?

Yep was just thinking the same thing. Backline looked a very sound unit today. Adams, Wood and JJ among our best.

Murphy has lost a step. Pre hammie My kids asked if we were allowed to drop our captain. :( It was a good move to put him fwd as his turnovers are less devastating while his smarts can still pay off. Still a nice kick when he has time.

Not seeing it with Suckling ATM.

Stringer and Caleb in our bests. Stringer was our best when the game was hottest.

Picken appears to have also dropped a notch, still serviceable.

Bont wasteful today. Seems a smart kid and will sort it Out.

First time I can recall Dale getting so much of it. Ordinary first qtr but got better.

Always nice to put away the sooking Saints.
image.jpeg

Good win, but can we drop Bontempelli? He clearly believes his own hype and thinks he's a rockstar. He's completely lost his kicking ability, and that banana in the 4th quarter when he had an easy handball to Stringer in the square was disgraceful. We didn't get to where we are today by having no standards: we've dropped Macrae, Stringer, Liberatore and Daniel among others in the past for not being up to scratch, and now it's Bontempelli's turn.
Turn it up, he's clearly a little off but any other day he kicks 2-3 of them goals then it's a good game. It can be fine line between a good output and an off game and he's the last person that needs to go to the VFL.

Carlisle is a disgusting individual. A champion of the game in Dale Morris goes down with an injury - thankfully not serious - and he stands over him giving him a mouthful of garbage.

W a n q u e r

Glad we could take a little bit of percentage out of this game but could of been more. Good to see some of our premiership players finding some form hopefully they can take it into the Sydney game.

Timmy would be a pretty rubbish conventional wingman in a bar, tall, handsome, terrific head of hair, it would be like bees to honey. Unless you are employing the crumbing theory of picking up (which doesn't always work and isn't that satisfying in my experience).
It was always who got the biggest pair of undies in my day, all you
young blokes with your high standards.:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives

Jake obviously, may be 7 and 3 now if he didnt get injured
Morris , may be 8 and 2 now if he didn't get injured
Roughy back
Macrae
The Baileys
Miserly defence,just like in premiership year
A win before the bye to steady the ship and get back some belief and confidence.

Now I want to the VFL players tonight busting their backsides and put their hands up.

Ugliest 40 point win I've seen, should have won by 12-13 goals - not even being bias, St. Kilda were that bad.

Roughead in the side makes a huge difference.

Daniel was superb, Stringer was kicking set shots, Adams and Morris were strong down back.

English was a bit lost at times, did some good things when in the ruck.

Bont's goal kicking this season is a continuing concern imo, as is Jong's decision making.

6-4 isn't a bad place to be in the context of the season, and hopefully have a good week off and re set for an important second half of the season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thought Daniel BOG. Everyone contributed but some concerning issues. English should go down but showed enough that he will be a good player. So clean for his height.
Bont off day, but still had impact. Thought Tory struggled a little. Tom Boyd did a lot of bullocking stuff and one%s, he really tried hard.
String super. Picko worked into it. It seems to be his kicking efficiency that is well down, seems to be shanking the ball a lot.
Biggs good. Williams didn't stand out for me.
Moz superstar.
Our goal kicking has to improve stat.

Hey guys so apprently i havent posted since new years eve so thought Id say hello.
No massive player analysis write up from me yet today, final uni year sem 1 has just finished but research proj needs to be written by Wednesday.
Would just like to say, some may see it ugly but im pretty happy with that for once is nicely over 25+ points.
Only thing had me super pissed werent our misses, but the empty forward line opportunities that we absolutely fluffed. Solid 4/5 of them today
Before I dont say anything until exams are done, would just like to say unlike many others here it seems, im overwhelmingly fascinated by the season so far and have enjoyed seeing where we've got to for now. The wins have got the job done and in all our losses that in past times we would never have been in, we've actually at least been infront later in the game, only for the oppo to finally turn it on. Frustrating ill admit, but i still have faith bevo is doing it right and brewing it good for the 2nd half of the year
Just a note from today that i dont think has been said yet: but is this our first game for an eternity where both sides have nothing to dispute about umpire performance? Its oddly calm and peaceful postmatch, and welcomed

That was easily the most enjoyable game of footy I've been to this year.

Made all the more enjoyable by the especially salty St Kilda supporters sitting near me on L3 behind the goals at the City end. Their endless whingeing, bitching and moaning was music to my ears.

Bailey Dale was great, BOG for mine. Daniel was a close second though.

How much better as a team do we look and play with Stringer and Roughead out there. Biggs also was good on return to the senior team.

Turn it up, he's clearly a little off but any other day he kicks 2-3 of them goals then it's a good game. It can be fine line between a good output and an off game and he's the last person that needs to go to the VFL.
You mean except for last week? And the week before last week?

He's been rubbish for 3 weeks now. Turn it up.

My house is soooooo good right now.

Man that sucks about Murph. Not gonna complain about a 40 point win too much but should have been 60 or 70 points.

Timmy English hasn't got a full game of AFL in his motor yet, but flashes of awesome. Anointing myself President of the fanclub at this early stage.

Still want Libba back and to improve our stoppages and contested ball too.

You mean except for last week? And the week before last week?

He's been rubbish for 3 weeks now. Turn it up.

He was our best against west coast, had a down game but definitely not a droppable game against the cats, and he still got 22 touches and 7 marks today. If that's "rubbish" you must be hard to impress.

His goalkickings been horrible but he's doing everything else. He's probably been our overall best player this season despite him being somewhat down on form at times. I'll hazard a guess here and say he's not going to get dropped.

Morris just does all the little things.

There was a stretch on the wing in the last quarter when the game was over - he dives to win the ball ahead of two Saints players to knock it to a teammate. For many that'd be satisfactory with that good effort, but not Morris. He's about to get up on his hands and knees until he pretty much dives full stretch to lay a shepard on a Saints player that helps the teammate run away from danger.

Morris continues to be underrated.

Looks like Bontemelly played fwd/wing on his heat map, only two touches in the centre square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs def Saints 90-50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back