Autopsy Dogs lose to the Tankers 103 - 51

Remove this Banner Ad

Piss poor from start to finish, we lack actually on field leadership with 19 year old baz has to lead by example for everyone else it shows our leaders are no existent.

English needs to find some mongrel he’s a quite and humble guy that’s great off the field, on the field hit bodies, attack contests in the air like you mean it.

Bont disappears when things get tough.

Over handballed the entirety of the day played dumb football. Backward handballs only achieve one thing in wet conditions give them other team momentum going their way.

Mentally soft. No other excuse for the consistent failure to be switched on when favourites and to let games blow out late cause they have given up.

Schache needs to go based on this week just non existent all game offered nothing at all. Dale not far behind

Butler looks okay long term but just doesn’t seem ready yet.

Baz and laith can hold their heads up pretty tough after that for anyone else to

Tough one to stomach after the momentum we’d built beating up on crap teams..

The single biggest reason we lost was our ability to keep them from rebounding hard. We all know who that falls on most (Schache) but as a team we’ve just gotta be better than that. Second half it was like they were inviting our inside 50s so they could blast back out. Bevo knows that and will address it.

i thought Carlton were brutally efficient early and we’d responded quite well in a tight tussle so really disappointing we let them crush us in the end. Actually did miss Jong’s quick feet and forward 50 tackling.

among the positives— Bont winning the big mid battle. What a stud.

back to the drawing board, a lot to fix up.

Felt this was loss was down to structure and coaching more so than effort from our part.

Carlton threw the kitchen sink at this early, can’t play any better plus they kept it pretty simple.

The inside 50 count to lack of conversion, well what do we expect if they play 2 extras in defense and we pummel high ball after high ball, commit 2-3 people aerially to the contest and have no one on the ground? How many times did they have an unopposed 2-3 defenders linking up every time? Just lack of awareness from our end for the conditions.

Do we have a crumbing bloody forward anywhere on the list? Wallis, Dale, West and Lipinski, can’t play 4 undersized forwards who don’t read a ball off a pack.

Crozier a much needed in but if we persist with this same forward set-up, we need Bruce and Schache moving up the ground more or find an actual small forward. Dickson still breathing? Weightman?

Yikes. Didn’t have a good feeling about today, hate Sunday night games.

Blues came to play in the first and we weren’t able to match the intensity. Got reward for effort as they killed us.

We were much improved in the second and third quarters. Dominated possession and territory in the second and third quarter, 31-17 inside 50s, +23 in disposals and didn’t get reward for effort. Think they were happy to sit back and try to hit us on the counter attack to be fair but it was really disappointing by us nonetheless. Must have been a few times where we had 5 inside 50s for no goals and they’d go down the other end and score straight away.

Last quarter the wheels fell off really quick. It’s only one game and we’ve been good the last three weeks so I dont want to get too down on us. Was very similar to the St Kilda performance though, and we should be performing better in these games. It’s like we underestimate the lower sides and think it’ll come to us.

Last edited:
Coupled with:

- Poor selections, again: going 3 talls on the forward line in wet/slippery conditions
- Overuse of the handball again, why why why does Bev keep up with that sh*t tactic
- Players failing to hold tackles, having our poor tackling at the contested footy exposed and not being paid for HTN/Incorrect disposal
- Several players just not in the game tonight, poor night for Bont, JJ, Macrae, Shache, Daniel, Richards, McLean
- Playing Engish when Trengove was more suited to the conditions

Embarrassing nonetheless

Have at it

Agree with the rest.
I had Macrae as our best (or at least top 3).

Rhylee West has had the shittest turnaround in a week. Went from being a smart footballer to a sh*t forward flying for the same pack marks as Bruce when he should be getting the crumbs. He will be dropped for Weightman I guarantee.

Not much else I can speak about for individual players as I didn't watch half the damn thing.

sh*t pressure. Dumb football. sh*t effort. Awful kicking and overuse of handballs. Wake up Bevo, we don't have Matty Boyd and Biggs to do that anymore.

That’s cause he’s a midfielder trying to play forward it just doesn’t work long term

Why do we bring our worst footy against carlton and they pull one out of their backsides. Couldn't do anything right tonight. So frustrating.

It's been that way for 95 years.

Anyone remember that game at Optus Oval in 1998 (or 99?) against them?

Highest score for the year had been about 85 points.

They had 100 up at 1/2 time that day!

Our win - loss ratio against Carlton is our worst by a long way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many credits does JJ have in the norm smith bank? He gets away with too much on this forum and within the club going by last years B&F count. He needs to be judged as a top line player and seriously needs to be called out while playing the easiest position in the game.

He alone didnt cost us the game tonight but he never steps up when required and after his last contract negotiations probably isn't performing anywhere near those expectations. No wonder essendon was into him coz he plays exactly like they do. full time down hill skier.

Thank god we have Smith and Vanders who have confidence and authority in their game to make it watchable in these situations

One of those nights I think. Carlton played very well and kicked some arsey goals. Their pressure early was immense.

We didn't adapt to the conditions very well.

The gap between our best and worst is pretty huge.

Tonight highlighted our need for a creative, quick small forward. We couldn't manufacture anything from our 2 talls.

Everyone has belted Schache, including me, but no one in here has had a go at Bruce. How did he go tonight? And before you tell me it wasn’t a night for big men, how did Harry McKay go down the other end?

He at least crashed numerous packs mate. Doesn’t need to take 15 marks

Thought Hunter was really good.

Other pros: Smith, Vandermeer.

Thats all the positivity I can muster up.

Some players really need to take a look at how hard they are working when things aren’t going our way and learn to bring more energy and urgency to the contest consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Dogs lose to the Tankers 103 - 51

Remove this Banner Ad

Back