Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Could give up Jayden Post. Is a mad Bulldogs fan, as are his family. Grew up in the Western Suburbs as well. Good strong mark on him, a reliable set shot for goal. Would let him go for a third rounder.

Interesting in the Hun today Chris Grant said the dogs won't be looking at free agents and plan to rebuild with kids from the draft.

^It's not going to help their young forwards if they don't have a foil for a couple of years, imo. They'll just get belted about and getting the best defenders will make it really tough.

Cornelius from Brisbane or Edwards from North would be very handy, although they're both third forward types rather than hulking beasts. However, both are proven at AFL level and could be gotten with a second round pick I'd imagine.

I like Cornelius a lot for us, but Voss doesn't seem to and I don't know how well he slots into our future plans. However he has vice-grip hands and can kick bags when he's on, just needs someone to put a rocket up him. Dunno how he'd feel about Sherman though :p

Best bet might be a big forward from the state leagues.

I know the Doggies have to rebuild, but their scoring output isn't acceptable at the moment. Looking at how good recruits like Hall have been for them in the past even if they can get a 2 year stopgap type big forward it could help them a lot. Quentin Lynch is old but he could provide this role, however you'd want to get him cheap.

I may have found a key forward for us but obviously it's my opinion:

Name: Andrew Ainger
D.O.B: 29/7/1988
Team: Panthers (SANFL)
Height: 197cm
Weight: ?? Big

Season So Far:
- Best On 3 Times
- 31 Goals
- Best Game RD2, 7 Goals
Video Here

What You Guys Think??

Tom Lee from the WAFL is at best a second/third Option

The dogs have PLENTY of these types, they need foremost someone who can either burden a best defender or smash Packs, Right now Guys like Jessie White/Simon Hogan/Aaron Cornelius/North Duds who keep being thrown around are simply not options.

I would reallly hit up Dawes, not to really kick goals but structure the forwardline up much better, since this season They havent really worked as a forwardline at all, goals have come from sheer work from the midfield rather then the forwardline working

Tom Lee from the WAFL is at best a second/third Option

The dogs have PLENTY of these types, they need foremost someone who can either burden a best defender or smash Packs, Right now Guys like Jessie White/Simon Hogan/Aaron Cornelius/North Duds who keep being thrown around are simply not options.

I would reallly hit up Dawes, not to really kick goals but structure the forwardline up much better, since this season They havent really worked as a forwardline at all, goals have come from sheer work from the midfield rather then the forwardline working

Short memory? :p

J Pod

We don't really need him now with Walker, Brown and Vardy coming through

He'd be good for 2 years and will help with your structure while you develop some replacements

Short memory? :p

He works well as a foil with Petrie drawing a man and Some decent crummers around the packs, Dogs have none of these, SO Edwards would draw the best defender, Plus a third man looking to block the entry, Would be next to worthless spearheading the dogs attack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would the doggies look at putting a bloke by the name of Grant Weeks on the rookie list?

There is nothing to lose at all considering they threw Redpath a chance on the back of 2 knees reco's and 10 or so games. He isnt a big fwd though. You would have to ask whether the desire is there, would earn more and train a stack less in local leagues than on a rookie contract.

Try this

HF: C.Smith J.Lisle T.Dickson
F: L.Dahlhaus S.Kersten A.Cornellius

Cheap with plenty of potential and a nice age to match the list.

There is nothing to lose at all considering they threw Redpath a chance on the back of 2 knees reco's and 10 or so games. He isnt a big fwd though. You would have to ask whether the desire is there, would earn more and train a stack less in local leagues than on a rookie contract.

The Redpath thing was the main reason I stated that. Mind you, Weeks kicked 21 on the weekend. 21 GOALS!
His season total is up to 130 and is playing in a fairly strong country league. I read that the main reason he
left to go to Golden Square this year was to develop and give himself one last opportunity at AFL. At 189cm,
I see him playing a role like Tory Dickson. Surely worth a rookie selection at least.

J Pod

We don't really need him now with Walker, Brown and Vardy coming through

He'd be good for 2 years and will help with your structure while you develop some replacements

Untouchable - Premiership player who we need for structure Walker and Vardy are good but remember Vardy has play one VFL game in a year and Walker has player 6 AFL games, Brown will end up playing down back in 2013

We don't need to go and look for another KPF IMO, I know it's our biggest concern but we seen with Jade Rawlings and Andrew McDougall that this can quite easily backfire.

I personnaly thought Williams has looked quite good there, he leads quite well and has rather safe hands, his kicking on the other hand is disgusting. With Roughead showing signs at CHB we can continue to try Tom at CHF to try and take away one of the defenders. We had quite a small forward line through our prelim years of 08 and 09 so we know it can work, it really just needs more structure.

Something like this is what I'd be aiming for next season.

Dalhaus(mid rotation) Williams Cooney(fingers crossed)
Dickson Campbell/Hill Higgins

I may have found a key forward for us but obviously it's my opinion:

Name: Andrew Ainger
D.O.B: 29/7/1988
Team: Panthers (SANFL)
Height: 197cm
Weight: ?? Big

Season So Far:
- Best On 3 Times
- 31 Goals
- Best Game RD2, 7 Goals
Video Here

What You Guys Think??

Is that the guy who starred in the wafl v sanfl game if it is he would be a great pick up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs need a goal kicker, Who have you got?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back